Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I agree. I want the curse to break in the season finale.

ETA
It'd be series finale not season. You really want them to rush an ending on the series finale?
Old 10-19-2017, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the sneak peek.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the sneak peek.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwen107 (View Post)
To me it would not be dragging but to give it the time it deserves like in previous seasons when they did not do that thing with telling a story in only one half of a season and then a new one in the second, which I never liked and which was always rushed and not satisfying to me at all. I want to see this as the story of a whole season like in season 1.
I agree, I think the curse will last all or most of the season. Since they were not planning on this being the last season, they probably aren't writing it that way. They also haven't indicated that they are doing a split season. I think this story needs time to develop organically over 22 episodes.

Thanks for the sneak peek. I like that they are switching back and forth between Henry and Cinderella's point of view. Last week set up his team and this week will start to build hers.
Old 10-19-2017, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
It'd be series finale not season. You really want them to rush an ending on the series finale?
There's nothing left to wrap up outside the current curse. The rest ended with the season 6 finale. Snowing and CS stories are completed and CS even had an epilogue. Rumbelle may be completed by next week. Everyone else is part of the curse.

Last edited by Austenphile; 10-19-2017 at 09:08 AM
Old 10-19-2017, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
Thanks for the sneak peek. I like that they are switching back and forth between Henry and Cinderella's point of view. Last week set up his team and this week will start to build hers.
Hmm...interesting take.

I'm really, really curious about next week's episode, too. Could it be a Regina/Roni-centric?

Last edited by CityGal; 10-19-2017 at 09:35 AM
Old 10-19-2017, 09:28 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
There's nothing left to wrap up outside the current curse. The rest ended with the season 6 finale. Snowing and CS stories are completed and CS even had an epilogue. Rumbelle may be completed by next week. Everyone else is part of the curse.
I don't see them rushing to wrap up these stories. By the start of last season we were getting hints that some stories were being wrapped up, like Snow wanting to teach again. This season is not playing like an ending, but a new beginning. Even Hook is getting a chance at a fresh start. We still don't know what Regina's fresh start is about and we really haven't seen Henry with his new family. This is a show that is always being reinvented and moving in a fresh direction and moving on.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:34 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I agree with you and I think it is like asking to be disappointed when you think of this still as the series of characters and stories that are no longer on it, whose stories have been finished with a conclusion and when the story they are tellling now is Henry's and his family's and those who came to fight them or help them. Their stories have to play out for us to see and then have a conclusion at some time that the writers have given to others already.

Quote:
I like this too and I am happy to see more Cinderella and Tiana friendship and then the teams coming together later in this episode as they showed us in the promotional pictures.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

The Cinderella and Tiana friendship is very intriguing. I loved that sneak peek.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Hmm...interesting take.

I'm really, really curious about next week's episode, too. Could it be a Regina/Roni-centric?
Next week is the Rumple and Rumbelle episode with Belle's return. Rose has also mentioned it's an important episode for Alice. Episode 5 is the Tiana back story with Eudora. I think the earliest we will see Regina/Roni is episode 6. We don't know a whole lot about episode 6, except that it's called "wake up call." They filmed at the Red Apple Market, which I think is hilarious and Henry does his best interpretation of Lloyd from Say Anything.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
What more can be teased about Alice on Once Upon a Time and her connection to Rumple that will be seen in episode 704? — AshMarie
Alice, who has been helping both Weaver in Hyperion Heights and Rumple in the Enchanted Forest, will play a big role in the Rumple-centric hour, which features the return of Emilie de Ravin. “Alice has close relationships with Gold and Hook,” Rose Reynolds notes. “She’s being asked a lot of. Let’s just say she’s tested quite a lot in episode 4 with friendships and good versus evil, which is that whole pendulum swing of it. ‘Is it bad to do this? You told me to do this,’ and all of that stuff. There’s a lot of inner conflict for Alice in episode 4. It’s an insane episode and it’s one of the best-written things I’ve read in a long time, so I’m really excited for everybody to see it.”
source
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 10-19-2017, 10:29 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the news and sneak peek.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Next week is the Rumple and Rumbelle episode with Belle's return. Rose has also mentioned it's an important episode for Alice. Episode 5 is the Tiana back story with Eudora. I think the earliest we will see Regina/Roni is episode 6. We don't know a whole lot about episode 6, except that it's called "wake up call." They filmed at the Red Apple Market, which I think is hilarious and Henry does his best interpretation of Lloyd from Say Anything.
Sorry, my mistake. I meant this Friday's episode - could it possibly be Regina/Roni-centric, and next Friday is the Rumple/Belle episode, right?

Your post got me thinking in another direction. I'm starting to suspect that Henry is not the next chapter. He's more the Snowing role in the story, the known quantity. We already know, he finds his true love with Cinderella and they have Lucy. So it's fun to watch the how, but there isn't a real mystery if he'll find happiness.

ABC's site says"Once Upon A Time is, its core, a story about hope."

For me, right now, Henry doesn't need hope. He may not remember, but he doesn't lack internal low esteem, low self-worth that needs hope. He's just helping people he meets along the way - as he's always done.

So far in the second episode, Rogers was given a start to a story that has garnered a lot of sympathy, and his story is a sad one, which does need hope. So does Regina. I'm just curious if this Friday, is also a start of Roni's story. Next week, Rumple's.

Henry named the operation, with Regina and Wish!Hook going with him, as 'Next Chapter'. Henry is a new book - new relationship, Operation Glass Slipper. Next chapter to me implies same book, and forward movement in a character(s)'s story. That to me is Hook, Regina and Rumple.

Friday's episode should be an interesting one, as I'm confused about episode three, the meaning of the title. So don't mind me.

Last edited by CityGal; 10-19-2017 at 10:44 AM
Old 10-19-2017, 10:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
Sorry, my mistake. I meant this Friday's episode - could it possibly be Regina/Roni-centric, and next Friday is the Rumple/Belle episode, right?

Your post got me thinking in another direction. I'm starting to suspect that Henry is not the next chapter. He's more the Snowing role in the story, the known quantity.

ABC's site says"Once Upon A Time is, its core, a story about hope."

For me, right now, Henry doesn't need hope. He may not remember, but he doesn't lack internal low esteem, low self-worth that needs hope. He's just helping people along the way, as he's always done.

So far in the second episode, Rogers was given a start to a story that has garnered a lot of sympathy, and his story is a sad one, which does need hope. So does Regina. I'm just curious if this Friday, is also a start of Roni's story. Next week, Rumple's.

Henry named the operation as 'Next Chapter'. Henry is a new book - new relationship, Operation Glass Slipper. Next chapter to me implies same book, and forward movement in a character(s)'s story. That to me is Hook, Regina and Rumple.

Friday's episode should be an interesting one, as I'm not understanding the meaning of the title. So don't mind me.
The title doesn't seem to mean what I thought it meant. I thought it was about divergent paths of the same events. So, in one version maybe Cinderella and Henry meet under different circumstances. I don't think that's happening. We seem to be getting a chronology straight telling of what happened in the EF2 after Hook and Emma leave. My question is what are they leading up to, the curse being cast?
Old 10-19-2017, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

Closed Thread   Post New Thread