Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2015, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
Anyway, I do think rumple did give suggestions but we can agree to disagree
Emma still believes it was him. Like she said when Henry rescued her. "It must be part of Gold's plan".

Looking at their scenes together in 5A though, she's not one to hold a grudge.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

“I just need one last detail. Your son... Baelfire.”

It seemed to me that asking for ONE LAST detail suggested that he had been asking Rumple for a few other details. Who should have it good … who should be punished and how. Rumple even was asking what Isaac’s happy ending looked like so it seemed to me that Rumple had described what he wanted.

But that being said, that is my interpretation. I always say this but A&E really like to leave a lot to the viewer’s imaginations. They set the record straight at times but they also give a lot of vague answers. I see it as their way of letting the fans get what they want out of the show. In this particular situation it comes down to how much you do or don’t like Rumple and how much you think the DO curse affected him.

In my interpretation he asked for every detail about Belle … the doting wife who loves him unconditionally and sees him as a perfect hero who can do no wrong. That is exactly the kind of selfish wish fulfillment that I would expect from the Dark One, especially at his most desperate.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
In my interpretation he asked for every detail about Belle … the doting wife who loves him unconditionally and sees him as a perfect hero who can do no wrong. That is exactly the kind of selfish wish fulfillment that I would expect from the Dark One, especially at his most desperate.
That's what I hated most about it. Never mind who Belle is as a person, or what she wants out of life.

I'll gladly take the heroic librarian, who supports her friends and helps whenever she can, over the version that Issac wrote.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
That's what I hated most about it. Never mind who Belle is as a person, or what she wants out of life.

I'll gladly take the heroic librarian, who supports her friends and helps whenever she can, over the version that Issac wrote.
You mean that person we saw for two minutes?

She seemed like a woman in love and who loved her child and was also very kind and loving. I didn't see anything wrong with that version of BElle other than it wasn't real. But I'm not sure how we can judge what kind of person she was in that very brief scene.

I also don't think we were supposed to take the AU that seriously. And I'm just going to by A&E's words that the Author was the one who mainly wrote that.

But in any event filming this week should be interesting, although I thought I read on Tumblr that Emilie was still in CA yesterday so not happy about that.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:05 AM
Elite Fan

Maybe the less spoilers we get for the finale the better.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:06 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
“I just need one last detail. Your son... Baelfire.”

It seemed to me that asking for ONE LAST detail suggested that he had been asking Rumple for a few other details. Who should have it good … who should be punished and how. Rumple even was asking what Isaac’s happy ending looked like so it seemed to me that Rumple had described what he wanted.

But that being said, that is my interpretation. I always say this but A&E really like to leave a lot to the viewer’s imaginations. They set the record straight at times but they also give a lot of vague answers. I see it as their way of letting the fans get what they want out of the show. In this particular situation it comes down to how much you do or don’t like Rumple and how much you think the DO curse affected him.

And Rumple dictated for Zelena to be happy in the AU regardless of the fact that she killed his son and she didn't fulfill her end of the deal of giving him the healing potion???

There were clearly some costs Rumple was paying by asking the Author to switch the rules so he could live.

The show and A&E always referred to the AU as Isaac's creation. You say that they didn't set the record straight but I think by only referring to the AU as Isaac's creation in the show and Comic Con they did. For some reason it's something some people like to ignore.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Those pics with Captain Swan Sword have already got me super confused.

So apparently now there's 3 parts to Excalibur. Wonder where the one with Killian's name on it went.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:10 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The show and A&E always referred to the AU as Isaac's creation. You say that they didn't set the record straight but I think by only referring to the AU as Isaac's creation in the show and Comic Con they did. For some reason it's something some people like to ignore
Yeah, normally I would agree that A&E leave things open for interpretation and we can see things differently but they came right out at Comic Con and said this was Isaac's creation as you said so I'm not sure how that's open to all that much interpretation.

And I think what Arthur did was very wrong. I haven't seen the episode but I read about it. But I also think they are going with him as a tortured person or a conflicted person rather than an out and out villain.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:15 AM
Elite Fan

I don't interpret Adam and Eddie's statement that it was Isaac's creation to mean Rumple had no input. And I believe he did based on the "one last detail" and his not refuting Belle's accusations but we'll just have to disagree.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Maybe the less spoilers we get for the finale the better.
And then we'll get filming spoilers for the 100th episode and they will be all kinds of wacky, LOL.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

Agree to disagree on whether Rumple dictated his own life.

But I think the argument that Rumple dictated EVERYTHING including Snowing's life (when Isaac admitted taking credit for that) and giving Zelena of all people a happy ending after all the horrible things she did to him is too extreme of an argument IMO.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
And Rumple dictated for Zelena to be happy in the AU regardless of the fact that she killed his son and she didn't fulfill her end of the deal of giving him the healing potion???

There were clearly some costs Rumple was paying by asking the Author to switch the rules so he could live.

The show and A&E always referred to the AU as Isaac's creation. You say that they didn't set the record straight but I think by only referring to the AU as Isaac's creation in the show and Comic Con they did. For some reason it's something some people like to ignore.
I am not saying that Gold said he wanted Zelena to get a happy ending or the Charmings. However, I do think he asked Gold suggestion for his life. Again it's all up to interpretation
Old 10-19-2015, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
Agree to disagree on whether Rumple dictated his own life.

But I think the argument that Rumple dictated EVERYTHING including Snowing's life (when Isaac admitted taking credit for that) and giving Zelena of all people a happy ending after all the horrible things she did to him is too extreme of an argument IMO.
I don't think anyone has said anything like that. We have all been talking about his own life.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I think that Rumple's comments to Belle in the finale indicated that he was responsible for Belle being with him in the AU. It's not hate on Rumple. Just an observation what lengths the curse can drive someone.
No hate taken I don't think he wrote her in specifically though, because he let her go two episodes before, because he wasn't exactly too fit to write much and I actually interpreted the "I got one last taste" the opposite, as he was lucky to have a taste of happy marriage life in the AU

I guess we'll all always disagree on this, unless it's straight out said, just like we did with Regina taking Belle's heart, I was even disagreeing with myself on that until a couple of days ago they literally said how it went second by second

RoseBennett
Old 10-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
I don't think anyone has said anything like that. We have all been talking about his own life.
exactly
Closed Thread   Post New Thread