Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2015, 08:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
He said he wanted a happy ending. Then when Belle accused him, he didn't deny it but said they were happy. We know he answered specific questions about Baelfire. Why is it so hard to accept that he did the same about Belle?
Because A&E have said the Author wrote it? I'm pretty sure they said that because people were accusing Rumple of having done this and I think A&E responded to it.

I'm a little sensitive about this because I've seen people say that he was pretty much raping Belle in that situation. Also that he was semi rapey just for kissing her hand while she was asleep. I'm pretty sure that's not what the show is trying to say.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleislove (View Post)
All he said was that they were happy. He didn't say he made them that way.
Yeah we never got 100% confirmation on this but in the actual episode the Author constantly referred to the AU as his creation, not something that was dictated to him or he co-wrote.

And then when A&E discussed the AU a little at the Comic Con panel they only referred to the Author as having created it. Didn't say anything about Rumple.

Rumple is ultimately responsible because he sort of commissioned the whole work but there's more evidence from the show and A&E to say he didn't dictate the AU. I think Rumple like Rumple said all through 4B, he needed the Author to change the rules and switch the roles of villains and heroes so that he could survive. And that's all he asked for.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
Yeah we never got 100% confirmation on this but in the actual episode the Author constantly referred to the AU as his creation, not something that was dictated to him or he co-wrote.

And then when A&E discussed the AU a little at the Comic Con panel they only referred to the Author as having created it. Didn't say anything about Rumple.

Rumple is ultimately responsible because he sort of commissioned the whole work but there's more evidence from the show and A&E to say he didn't dictate the AU. I think Rumple like Rumple said all through 4B, he needed the Author to change the rules and switch the roles of villains and heroes so that he could survive. And that's all he asked for.
Yeah, and I'm not saying he was right. He wasn't. I think he wanted Belle to be happy. The Author probably realized their happy ending was with each other. It was wrong to take away all the characters' agency in the AU. I'm not saying it wasn't. I just don't think it was Rumple's intention at that point to "make" Belle be with him.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well personally I do think Rumple gave some imput. I just don't see Rumple as letting some guy dictate his life. Mostly said I want to be a knight, have magic, give Belle a happy ending. I do think it was mostly Isaac but I think he did take Rumples ideas on Rumples life
Old 10-19-2015, 09:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Yeah, and I'm not saying he was right. He wasn't. I think he wanted Belle to be happy. The Author probably realized their happy ending was with each other. It was wrong to take away all the characters' agency in the AU. I'm not saying it wasn't. I just don't think it was Rumple's intention at that point to "make" Belle be with him.
Me either. A&E spoke a lot about how meaningful it was that Rumple gave Belle her heart back and left her to be with Will. It was genuine.

Quote:
He said he wanted a happy ending. Then when Belle accused him, he didn't deny it but said they were happy. We know he answered specific questions about Baelfire. Why is it so hard to accept that he did the same about Belle?
It's not that it's hard to accept. We are just referring to the fact that A&E and the show said the Author created the AU, not Rumple.

Plus Rumple always does things with meaning and A&E themselves talked about how noble it was for him to bow out and tell Belle he would leave her alone to be happy with Will. I think that means his actions in that scene were genuine (A&E said as much) and Rumple probably thought the Author would follow those actions to leave Belle to be with Will in the AU.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Because A&E have said the Author wrote it? I'm pretty sure they said that because people were accusing Rumple of having done this and I think A&E responded to it.

I'm a little sensitive about this because I've seen people say that he was pretty much raping Belle in that situation. Also that he was semi rapey just for kissing her hand while she was asleep. I'm pretty sure that's not what the show is trying to say.
I don't think the show meant to say that Snow was raping Charming in the AU but they did heavily imply it.

We can agree to disagree but I still see it as no different than Arthur. He was still responsible and changed EVERYONE's perceptions whether he was the actual creator or just the inspiration.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:08 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't think the show meant to say that Snow was raping Charming in the AU but they did heavily imply it.

We can agree to disagree but I still see it as no different than Arthur. He was still responsible and changed EVERYONE's perceptions whether he was the actual creator or just the inspiration.
Yeah, we can certainly agree to disagree on that. Respectfully. I honestly do see it as different.

I honestly don't think the writers think these through with all the implications. They're not really expecting us to see that much into things.

I mean these are the same people who didn't seem to understand when people called what Zelena did to Robin "rape." So I doubt they consider the AU to be a rape situation.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

I agree Rumple was ultimately responsible for the entire AU because the whole plan was his idea I just don't agree that he dictated it or that he even arranged that Belle would be with him in the AU.

A&E made such a big deal about Rumple letting Belle go in the previous episode. To me that indicates his actions there were genuine and he didn't "force" Belle to be with him in the AU and was unaware the Author wrote it that way.

So I don't think it's the same as Arthur.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:12 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
give Belle a happy ending
He made her a stay at home mom. Belle might have a maternal side, but there's more to her than that. She's smart, funny, and adventurous.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:15 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
He made her a stay at home mom. Belle might have a maternal side, but there's more to her than that. She's smart, funny, and adventurous.
The Author gave her that story though, not Rumple as far as we know.

There is also nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom. Yes, Belle likes adventure and so on but she's never said anything to indicate she wouldn't want to have a baby.

During the time the AU was set in, most women were stay at home moms.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
So a stay home mom can't be smart, funny, and adventurous? I don't think you meanthat the way it came across.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

I'm sure Neal was happier with his real mother though. I shudder to think where Roland ended up in the book. Maybe an orphanage. He wasn't at the Wicked Outlaw wedding.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:18 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
So a stay home mom can't be smart, funny, and adventurous? I don't think you meanthat the way it came across.
No SciFiFan probably meant it that way. He once in all seriousness called Belle a nagging wife...
Old 10-19-2015, 09:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Sorry, but I don't think Issac was that good enough of a writer to really give AU Belle any depth.

Of course I didn't mean it to come across like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koodles (View Post)
He once in all seriousness called Belle a nagging wife...
The word was judgey.

Last edited by scififan2009; 10-19-2015 at 09:32 AM
Old 10-19-2015, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Anyway, I do think rumple did give suggestions but we can agree to disagree
Closed Thread   Post New Thread