Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Master Fan

In looking at the promo it looks like Belle is in her blue dress from the Dark Castle. Adam hinted we would see FTL Rumbelle so I assume it's in this episode and that's what RC meant by huge fan pleaser. So we would probably see Belle pre-Rumple and also while she's with him.

Where is that press release and those promo photos?
Old 10-27-2014, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaSparrow (View Post)
I feel this way too I didn't like David's actions back then, but he was "cursed" (because of Regina btw...) and lost, he was confused about his feelings (and Robin isn't one bit right now which is also really confusing).

What Robin did was definitely cold or just silly maybe... Still, I mostly blame the writing for that. And if we are to believe that Marian is in some kind of coma then yes, I think she could have heard everything.

I completely agree with this, it was absolutely heartbreaking to watch.
I blame the writing for most things on this show.

The writers do something so ott but somehow later on we're not suppose to take it or interpret it the way we do. Neal was suppose to be a good guy who did a noble thing by letting Emma go. it was suppose to be so she could find her family. The writers meant it , but the backlash from the interpretation by fans proved they missed that target.

They had Rumple one time say that killing in our world seems so much worse than killing in the EF. I think that point the writers are trying to tell us to excuse things they did in a fairy tale world.

I especially don't like the retconning of the past.. so many plot holes some deliberate that they change a whole character perspective, and some not don't purposefully but it loses the magic still
Old 10-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out of the Woods (View Post)
Always though of David actions, like an inner Charming conscience fighting against the curse. I remember in season 1 i could never blame him once, but really the curse . Just really wanted the curse to get over, because Kathlyn and David made me so unconfortable, when he was truly married with Snow. So for me it will always be hard to say David actions were bad, because i always see them as sorta of an unconscious way to fight to be back for Snow

I absolutly agree on Robin too!
love this post
Old 10-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
This is the crux of the problem. There is no rhyme or reason to why Emma would want this particular friendship.

Since the pilot, Regina has and continues to show contempt and barely checked disdain towards Emma. Regina belittles, bulllies and is frankly awful to Emma from the start and continues to do so. It has been Emma who has shown any semblance of charity or kindness towards Regina. As I said earlier, it makes sense for Snow White/Mary Margaret to want a familial relationship with Regina, but not Emma.

ETA (2nd bolded): Emma "fighting" for it suggest there was something there to fight for. There wasn't an initial friendship that went sour (a lá Lily), but one that was vicious enemies from the start. So there is nothing to fight for. Regina and Emma were never friends to begin with. That "fighting for a relationship" belongs with Snow and Regina.

***sorry to the other posters for going on about this point.
Exactly, it is one of the inconsistents of the show.

That is why i will fight anybody who says Regina is a better Friend then Elsa.
I love Regina when you keep her away from Emma, but the moment they are in one scene or even in the room together, im on Emmas side and Ready to stab Regina with a pitchfork.

It bothers me so extremely(i probably annoy most of you by now) because there was not the slightest hint or anything that would suggest that there is a friendship possible.
A Mutual understanding sure, but talking about Friendship is like a slap in Emmas Face.
Yeah, Emma is at a point where she is able to let go of grudges and stuff, but there is no need for her to try so hard.

This season really doesnt look to good for Regina and Rumple....i want to like both, but they make it so hard to get behind them.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account

Last edited by BlueWolf; 10-27-2014 at 11:47 AM
Old 10-27-2014, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)

The writers do something so ott but somehow later on we're not suppose to take it or interpret it the way we do. Neal was suppose to be a good guy who did a noble thing by letting Emma go. it was suppose to be so she could find her family. The writers meant it , but the backlash from the interpretation by fans proved they missed that target.

They had Rumple one time say that killing in our world seems so much worse than killing in the EF. I think that point the writers are trying to tell us to excuse things they did in a fairy tale world.

I especially don't like the retconning of the past.. so many plot holes some deliberate that they change a whole character perspective, and some not don't purposefully but it loses the magic still
I think with the Neal thing if we saw the conversation he had with August than things might have been different. Instead of just having August showing his fairytale on a speech of paper.
What happens in Ef stays in Ef lol. Yeah I agree it was not the best place for Robin to say his feelings
Old 10-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)

Yes, I agree! I do think they wanted to show Neal's actions as if it was the right thing to do but it did come out as if he didn't care much about Emma, leaving her behind and her paying for his actions... If they wanted to show us this was the right thing to do then August should have brought up a real threat, something that could endanger Emma's life but it didn't happen, so Neal's choice seemed weak

The problem with the killing is that we never saw anyone get resurrected in the EF, so why would it be worst in our world?

They don't show us things, but they expect us to believe them, worst, sometimes they just change history or make characters act OOC to make it work accordingly to their plans, it's really annoying.

It's like now Belle is hiding something from Rumple/having a secret. And we never heard of it before? I could see her hiding something from him, but not something that would hurt him/break one of her promises because this would taint her character and make her look OOC too. We know she has high moral values.
Thanks to Jade for the icon!!
Old 10-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Absolute Fan

Do we really need to talk about wanting to stab characters? I don't think violent language is necessary and I personally don't consider it overly helpful in creating a discussion atmosphere that allows everyone to feel comfortable, regardless of their preferences and opinions concerning the various OUAT characters and stories. I understand that emotions are running high when certain topics are being discussed, but this sort of imagery is something that just rubs me the wrong way. Just my two cents.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |
Old 10-27-2014, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

Rhonwen I agree with you about Neal and yet he had a lot of backlash like cursed David mainly people actually have experienced or known someone who has had that kind of heartbreak and since most viewers are women we are going to see the guys as jerks without necessarily looking at their side (especially because it was shown from the other viewpoint). Not many people were left in a magical jail cell to starve or had their lover's heart crushed.

But looking at the posts about Emma forgiving Regina, it really strikes me that on this show one of the main differences between the heroes and the villains is their ability to forgive. Snow, Emma, Charming, Henry and Belle all have big hearts and forgive those who have wronged them. Regina has forgiven Snow (not getting into whether she should have blamed her in the first place) so she is moving into that status. Hook and Rumple will need to learn forgiveness towards each other too as well as self awareness.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

[QUOTE=ElizaSparrow;78631496][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Yes, I agree! I do think they wanted to show Neal's actions as if it was the right thing to do but it did come out as if he didn't care much about Emma, leaving her behind and her paying for his actions... If they wanted to show us this was the right thing to do then August should have brought up a real threat, something that could endanger Emma's life but it didn't happen, so Neal's choice seemed weak :

I agree with the first part. I am going to drop the jail conversation it just breaks my heart and I can't really talk about it deeply. I agree Neal and cursed David can happen in real life vs. crushing hearts
Old 10-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
But looking at the posts about Emma forgiving Regina, it really strikes me that on this show one of the main differences between the heroes and the villains is their ability to forgive. Snow, Emma, Charming, Henry and Belle all have big hearts and forgive those who have wronged them. Regina has forgiven Snow (not getting into whether she should have blamed her in the first place) so she is moving into that status. Hook and Rumple will need to learn forgiveness towards each other too as well as self awareness.
You know, I think that's true Austenphile. Good observation.

This review was posted on the Couples board, but I wanted to bring it here as it's helped me calm down a bit about the episode and see things from a different perspective. Thought everyone here might enjoy it: TV Time: Once Upon a Time 4.05 | Nerdy Girl Notes
Old 10-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randysgirl (View Post)
I think the optics of that Robin/Regina scene created the problem for me. Like T'Lynn said, if Robin had just pulled Regina off to a different room, it wouldn't have seemed quite as harsh. Seeing his wife lying there was... different.
Lazy writing. I don't think it crossed the writer's mind there was anything wrong about that, or we are supposed to think he needed to get it out, because he was feeling guilty over not loving his wife. He, after all, had just said: "I wish I could have told him (Roland) I did everything I could".

But yes, it was strange. In fact, I question if him telling her isn't bad as well. I've said it when the episode aired, but IMO, this was the last thing he should have told Regina since he is telling her all the time he is not going to leave his wife. It's no wonder Lana said him telling her that makes it even worse, because it does.

So, I'd say it wasn't just the optics of the scene, but everything about the declaration was wrong. It would have been much better if he had told someone else this, not Regina.

But I'm probably the only one who feels like that.
Old 10-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)

THIS. The ability to forgive another (while still not condoning evil or negative behavior) has always been depicted on this series as a major trait of heroes. And, for those characters who have been depicted as evil and/or revenge driven, to step into the Light and learn to forgive and move on, and grow away from negative behavior, ties in perfectly with the fairy tale premise of OUAT - that good will eventually prevail over evil, that True Love will also prevail, and that those who walk a path of darkness can someday be truly redeemed.

And while the writers sometimes give us plot arcs and out of character scenes that can puzzle or upset us, the basic premise of the series as outlined above is what ultimately makes OUAT a compelling series, and why we all so passionately care about the characters.
Penny Dreadful "Demimonde of Shadows":http://archiveofourown.org/series/498457
Once Upon a Time Killian / Emma series: https://archiveofourown.org/series/69753

Last edited by earthspirits; 10-27-2014 at 11:51 AM
Old 10-27-2014, 11:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Sorry for the accidental "double post" - I experienced a system glitch when trying to edit my original post for typos!
Penny Dreadful "Demimonde of Shadows":http://archiveofourown.org/series/498457
Once Upon a Time Killian / Emma series: https://archiveofourown.org/series/69753
Old 10-27-2014, 11:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda (View Post)
Do we really need to talk about wanting to stab characters? I don't think violent language is necessary and I personally don't consider it overly helpful in creating a discussion atmosphere that allows everyone to feel comfortable, regardless of their preferences and opinions concerning the various OUAT characters and stories. I understand that emotions are running high when certain topics are being discussed, but this sort of imagery is something that just rubs me the wrong way. Just my two cents.
Humoristicly meant exaggeration.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 10-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRoll (View Post)
This review was posted on the Couples board, but I wanted to bring it here as it's helped me calm down a bit about the episode and see things from a different perspective. Thought everyone here might enjoy it: TV Time: Once Upon a Time 4.05 | Nerdy Girl Notes
That it did.