Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2014, 09:43 AM
Elite Fan

How the Producers of Once Upon a Time Kept That Frozen Shocker a Secret

Quote:
So, if the idea has been in the works for months, how did they protect the surprise? Horowitz says that they wrote an alternate ending for the episode and distributed that script to the cast and crew. Only a handful of people got to see the real thing — and many people who work on the show didn’t even find out until afterwards.

What was in that alternate final scene? Horowitz and Kitsis are practicing their secretiveness on that one too.

“It’s something we’re probably going to want to use [later],” says Horowitz.

“It’s another iconic Disney totem,” hints Kitsis. “We’ll leave it at that.”
Old 05-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I do at home. If no one posts it I'll do that when I get home from work.

In other news: I think our fic is going to have to take place after the wedding. the citizens of SB are up in arms over no reception party, or bachelor/bacholorette parties. Gold has the money.. why was he so cheap as to not pay the caosts of this. I think the guys should bleed him dry in Atlantic City.
We could do that! My only concern is the OQ factor.... how do we write Robin? Maybe he jumps at the chance to go to Atlantic City to run away from his conflicting emotions? Yes! I love it!

And Rumple is conflicted about the dagger, Hook is balancing his new commitment with Emma with his tendancy to flirt with anything with a skirt, and Charming is sleep deprived?

Randysgirl and Rhonwen - I'll pm you my email! This is going to be so fun, and it will totally get us through the hiatus!
Old 05-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Elite Fan

I do wonder how they would pull off the eternal winter coming to Storybrooke. I know there's already snow in some of the areas where they film.

Last edited by scififan2009; 05-13-2014 at 10:35 AM
Old 05-13-2014, 10:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRoll (View Post)
We could do that! My only concern is the OQ factor.... how do we write Robin? Maybe he jumps at the chance to go to Atlantic City to run away from his conflicting emotions? Yes! I love it!

And Rumple is conflicted about the dagger, Hook is balancing his new commitment with Emma with his tendancy to flirt with anything with a skirt, and Charming is sleep deprived?

Randysgirl and Rhonwen - I'll pm you my email! This is going to be so fun, and it will totally get us through the hiatus!
yay.. we have our angst and bonding scenes.

to make it even more fun. Because I loved the Hook/Rumple interaction in EF. Hook can accidently let it slide that Rumple had helped him and EMma..lol Add more confusion and mess. It will be the Hangover -OUAT style lol

I dont knwo if they could do an eternal winter. Not unless RUmple and Regina lose thier powers to offset it. I'd say Blue too, but it seems the only time fairies are needed is... well never. They hardly ever go to them for help
Old 05-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockNRoll (View Post)

Sounds great! I have something in mind too... I think our boys need to take in a show during their little jaunt to AC.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonwen (View Post)
I dont knwo if they could do an eternal winter. Not unless RUmple and Regina lose thier powers to offset it. I'd say Blue too, but it seems the only time fairies are needed is... well never. They hardly ever go to them for help
Rumple and Regina are good at conjuring dark magic. But I don't think they can control the elements. Regina couldn't stop the storm that almost killed them all in Neverland.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Rumple and Regina are good at conjuring dark magic. But I don't think they can control the elements. Regina couldn't stop the storm that almost killed them all in Neverland.
I'm not sure how it would work with filming either. I guess it would all be CGI. But I love the outdoor filming in Steveson. As far as the spoilers, that is.

I would have to assume with the Snow Queen though that for a few episodes the town will be under a deep freeze and they will have to work together.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Master Fan

If it's like the same kind of scenario, I'm saying Jafar as a Genie.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)

Very True

How many frozen residents of SB will there be?
May in RUmple's case Belle gets frozen and TLK will break it. Then he can come clean about why the heck he's being so deceitful
Old 05-13-2014, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
If it's like the same kind of scenario, I'm saying Jafar as a Genie.
That was my thought as well. Maybe the second half. I think we need a break from the evil women story.

Quote:
May in RUmple's case Belle gets frozen and TLK will break it. Then he can come clean about why the heck he's being so deceitful
He's going to need to do some working, lol. I just hope he does.

Quote:
I guess I will have to watch Frozen during the hiatus. My boys weren't interested in it; and I didn't watch it on my own because even from the promos I feel towards Olaf like many do towards Jar Jar Binks
OMG. Jar Jar. Most annoying character ever.

I liked Frozen but it isn't even close to my favorite Disney movies and I don't think it's any kind of classic. But my nieces love it.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Master Fan

I cannot wait for comic con, so excited!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was re watching Hook knows what real estate is. I wonder who he learned it from
Old 05-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I cannot wait for comic con, so excited!
When is it?
Old 05-13-2014, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
“ONCE UPON A TIME” (Season 4)

Master storytellers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (“Lost,” “Tron: Legacy”) invite everyone to join Emma Swan, Snow White, Prince Charming, The Evil Queen, Hook and all the other resident fairy tale characters as they prepare to defend themselves against a magical force from the past that’s too dark and unpredictable even for Rumplestiltskin – The Ice Queen. Welcome to Storybrooke, Maine, a small town that probably won’t show up on your GPS, but it’s a magical place to visit. Reality and myth merged after Emma broke Regina’s curse, which had deprived the fairytale characters of their memories and trapped them in our modern world. When they finally regained their identities, our heroes were dismayed to discover that they weren’t transported back to Fairy Tale Land. To make matters worse, Rumplestiltskin – aka Mr. Gold – decided to escalate his power struggle with Regina by introducing magic into the town. But this is our world, and magic always has a tendency to yield unfathomable consequences.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as the Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz are creators and executive producers. Steve Pearlman and David H. Goodman are also executive producers. The show is from ABC Studios.
Upfronts release, also notice Knave is not on here so this isn't the final cast list. Which will likely add Robin as well.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Upfronts release, also notice Knave is not on here so this isn't the final cast list. Which will likely add Robin as well.
Thanks.

Nice to see Regina listed with the others as defending themselves against something - hopefully that means she is still on their side.

Rumple isn't though....?

I'm sure I'm reading too much into this as it's likely the creators don't even know where everyone is going to stand next season yet!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread