Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2010, 02:47 AM
Master Fan

I don't think I have any tears left with the way Joy made me cry this last 2 episodes. Her scene with Lydia cryin left me breathless. One of the most heartbreaking scene this season. Her scene with Jackson in his bedroom as well. Didn't really care about the rest of the episode but I had a good laugh watching Owen as Caveman.LOL

Joy did a amazing job with this episode and I really love it. NH were amazing as usual. The scene with Nathan telling Lydia thank you for raising the woman who saved his life was awsome.

Next week looks worst and I'll have to buy another box of kleenex and I'm looking forward the scene with Taylor/Lydia.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 02-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

After last nights episode I just don't see any reason for the cw to deny oth another season. I feel like the last few episodes have been some of the best of the entire series. this show has been on way too long to get a quick little Pushing Daisies type finale. I hope that the network recognizes how great this show has been and gives it a full length final season.
"For me it's just you, to the end of the world."
Old 02-16-2010, 07:53 AM
Passionate Fan

I found this and since it worked once before I'm bringing it over. It's an online petition for a Season 8. I'd like to see them do at least half a season so this show can go out the way it deserves. It's been alot of enjoyment as well as frustration to me over the years but when it ends I don't want that thrown together
One Tree Hill Season 8 - Petition Spot
Old 02-16-2010, 10:25 AM
Master Fan

i signed, in my opinion OTH is better than ever. Finaly Haley is getting some focus.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for bringing the petition over.

Quote:
Finaly Haley is getting some focus.
I agree. But a part of me still thinks its too good to be true and next season it's back to prop Haley. LOL. If it's not, and she continues to get focus, plus more for Nathan/NH/NHJ then I say bring on S8 (but no more then S8, the show needs to end at some point).
Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Edit : Wrong

Last edited by That's My Girl; 02-16-2010 at 12:29 PM
Old 02-16-2010, 12:11 PM
Passionate Fan

2 Extra episodes..... remaining... = NO Season 8 I bet
Old 02-16-2010, 12:19 PM
New Fan

that chart is from either last year or the year before because Reaper, Hates Chris, Aliens aren't even on the air anymore

Ausiello says OTH renewal chances are good along with the announcements of Supernatural, 90210, GG renewals today

the only problem seems to be budget related

Scoop: CW renews 'Supernatural,' 'Gossip Girl,' '90210,' 'Vampire,' and 'Top Model' | Ausiello | EW.com

TVbythenumbers says OTH renewal is VERY likely
Supernatural Renewed - Gossip Girl Renewed - 90210 Renewed - Vampire Diaries Renewed - America's Next Top Model Renewed - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com
Old 02-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, sorry
Old 02-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative_genius23 (View Post)
that chart is from either last year or the year before because Reaper, Hates Chris, Aliens aren't even on the air anymore

Ausiello says OTH renewal chances are good along with the announcements of Supernatural, 90210, GG renewals today

the only problem seems to be budget related

Scoop: CW renews 'Supernatural,' 'Gossip Girl,' '90210,' 'Vampire,' and 'Top Model' | Ausiello | EW.com

TVbythenumbers says OTH renewal is VERY likely
Supernatural Renewed - Gossip Girl Renewed - 90210 Renewed - Vampire Diaries Renewed - America's Next Top Model Renewed - TV Ratings, Nielsen Ratings, Television Show Ratings | TVbytheNumbers.com
thank you so much for posting those links. they make me feel a little better but only a little. I wont be satisfied until we get word about what'll happen. I mean OTH ratings arent the highest but they continually out perform GG and LUX and have higher numbers than 90210 and MP. Im just shocked that shows like GG and 90210 got early pick ups while OTH's fate is still unknown. I dont watch GG so I dont have anything to comment about that but I only watched 90210 to catch a glimpse of the old cast, these new people really do nothing for me. I'm just shocked and very upset by this news
Old 02-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Master Fan

The ratings weren't very good for last night episode. I guess we have to thanks the J.O for that.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah we have to remember the Olympics are on and really with a promo featuring so many guests/randoms/non-cores I'm surprised people didn't think it was another show, LOL.

The only good quality and interesting storyline right now is the NHJ orbit imo.

LuX got very similiar ratings, and I think that could actually hurt our chances of S8 because if the article is right and it comes down to these two shows (one cancelled, one not) well

I just hope they find out soon already. I want them to right a proper series finale if need be.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
The ratings weren't very good for last night episode. I guess we have to thanks the J.O for that.
J.O ?

I was shocked with the ratings from last night. Last night was such a strong episode but I can understand the problem the show is having, too much focus on other characters, IE miranda and grubbs. And the broken record of Brooke/Julian and Alex. That whole storyline needs to go including this movie. If i recall, didn't we have a movie storyline last season. I hate to admit it but I think the writers did get lazy this season in certain respects.

At first I wasnt thrilled about the Nathan/Renee storyline but then again look what happened to Tiger so I think OTH did a good job with that and everything going on wiht Naley and family right now is great. Clay was a nice addition, Quinn has finally stopped annoying me, maybe slowly fade her out and it'll be okay. I think the biggest disappointment this season was the whole 180 degree turn for Millie and making her front and center of attention. On top of that, BJu did not bring good drama, just forced drama. In the real world, i dont think Julian would be that dumb to work with Alex after she tried to kill herself. I think BJu needs to just get back together and Brooke telling Haley about her inability to get pregnant and BJu finding a way to make their parental dreams a reality.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:06 PM
New Fan

they spoke to Shantel at some fashion show and she said "...I don't feel like we're ready to end. I feel like there's so much unfinished business, and I'm really, really hoping that we'll get another year..."

The CW Picks Up Five Shows, But What About Smallville, One Tree Hill and Melrose? - E! Online

I really don't think they have time to prepare for a SERIES finale if a renewal doesn't happen... I hope the CW at least gives us the 13 episodes most of us agree on.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah my dream scenario is for a 13 ep order for S8 to wrap up. IDK, I don't understand why the CW doesn't make these decisions earlier (plus contract negotiations, budget cuts ect) or something. Like I know they wait until the last minute because they want to see ratings, but all shows need the time to end well.

I'm personally not worried about renewal or not, if we get a S8 I'm happy, if we don't I can deal because this season has given me what was lacking for me from past seasons (we even got a family Christmas scene!) , so I'm ready to let it go if need be. But I want the finale to be written with the writers knowing that's its the end. It's the end episode that worries me.