Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the replies everyone. I knew about the LuX/GG thing but it was wishful thinking on my part about an earlier break being to give the writers more time.

I wish the CW would just let the writers know for sure if a show was ending or not so they can prepare. If 22 eps are filmed/written and then the CW says it’s cancelled, then they better add on an ep or two. After 7 years and having such loyal fans, the show and we deserve a proper ending.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
After 7 years and having such loyal fans, the show and we deserve a proper ending.
^This

I think it would be a slap in everybody's face to end the show without a proper ending.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Banned

One Tree Hill needs a proper goodbye but this is The CW and if they cancel the best show on television then I will never watch their network again. I will download Vampire Diaries, 90210 and Life UneXpected. The CW is known for bad decisions and stupid ones. The CW never liked one tree hill that much anyways, they hardly promote it and 85% of the time they do, they make it seem like One Tree Hill is like Gossip Girl, all sex but no substance or heart.

What are the chances we will get a Taylor/Haley/Quinn sisterly hug when Lydia dies. That is one thing I am hoping when she passes away, Haley is standing alone then Quinn and Taylor come in for a sisterly hug. If I get that, then I will be happy. Is it pathetic that I kinda pictured it in my head. That All I want is sweet heartwarming hug between the three sisters and of course NH, BH, CQ, CH comforting scenes.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:34 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully we'll find out the show's status soon enough.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:54 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonTVD (View Post)
One Tree Hill needs a proper goodbye but this is The CW and if they cancel the best show on television then I will never watch their network again. I will download Vampire Diaries, 90210 and Life UneXpected. The CW is known for bad decisions and stupid ones. The CW never liked one tree hill that much anyways, they hardly promote it and 85% of the time they do, they make it seem like One Tree Hill is like Gossip Girl, all sex but no substance or heart.

What are the chances we will get a Taylor/Haley/Quinn sisterly hug when Lydia dies. That is one thing I am hoping when she passes away, Haley is standing alone then Quinn and Taylor come in for a sisterly hug. If I get that, then I will be happy. Is it pathetic that I kinda pictured it in my head. That All I want is sweet heartwarming hug between the three sisters and of course NH, BH, CQ, CH comforting scenes.
i dont see why they dont like one tree hill. most of the shows that started on the cw arent doing that great. the only one that is doing great and whose ratings havent declined are the vampire diaries. most of the shows that have the good ratings are the ones that came over from the wb.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHScott (View Post)
I wish the CW would just let the writers know for sure if a show was ending or not so they can prepare. If 22 eps are filmed/written and then the CW says it’s cancelled, then they better add on an ep or two. After 7 years and having such loyal fans, the show and we deserve a proper ending.
I agree with you 100% on this. A proper closure is needed, nothing like a fast paced ending with no sense at all.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:55 AM
Absolute Fan

Honestly, I was done with the CW ever since the stupid Pussycat Dolls show fiasco that put OTH on a three-month hiatus so that the stupid PCD show can run three times a week. So I just don't watch any other CW shows... and once OTH ends, the CW network is history for me .

But I still think that OTH needs a proper ending. That's all I ask. If it ends this season, I won't mind because that's when I begin my army service so it's a new stage in life and stuff... but I don't want it to end this season because it seems that there can't be a "happily ever after" ending that won't ring false with Haley's mom passing away only a few episodes before the finale.

And about 7x19 moved to April. This really sucks for me. I mean... I will have to wait an extra week or two or even three to watch that episode because of the army. I can't wait that long! Besides, who in the army will listen to me vent about the latest episode?!?! GRR! Just two more OTH episodes before my draft (*gasp*)
Old 02-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Elite Fan

I'm reading some great things about this ep regarding NHJ. Like the HL scene sounds so sweet!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

YouTube - One Tree Hill 718 Promo "The Last Day of Our Acquaintance"
Old 02-15-2010, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The promo is so sad It made me cry

Naley....always and forever
icon~ lolo13
Old 02-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Elite Fan

^ Thanks!

AMAZING promo. So sad
Old 02-15-2010, 10:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

This episode was for all intensive purposes beautiful. For so many reason this episode was one of the best of the entire series. In this episode I actually got into the other character’s storylines. The way this episode was written and directed (props to Joy) it made even the more boring characters seem interesting. I found Millie and Owen’s storyline really nice, I liked the banter between Grubbs and Miranda, I enjoyed the scenes with Mouth and Lauren, and last but not least Clay just broke my heart. I maintain I will never like Alex, nothing to do with the character going after Brooke’s man, I just really don’t think Alex works at all. Besides that Brooke and Julian’s little dance is getting to me, they need to stop being idiots and get together already but God knows what’s going to happen now.

On to what is important, Nathan/Haley/Jamie/Lydia story line! First of all Bess, Joy, James, and Jackson killed it in this episode without a doubt. When Jamie was having a hard time and being short with Nathan about his stories, I thought that was brilliant on Jackson’s part. The scene between Jamie and Lydia was adorable and I was so shocked when Jamie said he didn’t remember Jimmy until I realized just how little Jamie must have been. The scene where Jamie told Haley he never wanted to lose her or Nathan was once again heartbreaking. I loved all the little moments between Nathan and Haley with Nathan doing his best to comfort her. If I had to pick a favorite scene it would be the Lydia and Nathan scene. That scene was everything I hoped for, Lydia talking about Nathan taking care of Haley, and reminiscing on past Nathan and Haley moments. Nathan’s line just killed me, especially when he finished and started to tear up, it made me tear up. That scene was so beautiful and the coda was beautiful too. I really liked the lack of dialogue, and the speed they used while Brooke ran from Julian’s room.
"For me it's just you, to the end of the world."
Old 02-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

all this talk about the CW canceling OTH is sadder than Lydia's cancer.

OMG, such a tear jerker episode, although because of last week i was prepared this time.

let’s go over a few things,

-liked owen was back, i actually liked him wiht millie though its not fair for mouth

-talk about a bad friend mouth, your best bud just left town n ur already after his girl, i actually like the idea of mouth and lauren but thats just wrong

- BJu/Alex, talk about everything being on repeat i for one would’ve loved for Julian to have slept with Alex but we all know its Julian’s dad, why else would they show victoria waiting

- I liked Grubbs and Miranda but they had a little too much screen time, a little less would be nice, but miranda looked hot

- We finally have a scene with Mouth/Haley/Brooke, why was it so short and why oh why do we have brooke repeat the same lines week after week, i did like haley’s
little speach about time being precious

- loved how there was very little quinn, thats what the show needed and it was a nice transition from last week, where it was Lydia and the girls to Haley and her family dealing with it.

- joy of course killed it everytime, jamie was actually really good, i felt so bad for the kid. his and haley’s scenes were great, i wish nathan was there to join them. i mean i can go on about joy, everyone of haley’s scenes were great

- nathan was so under utilized this episode but they did do some great things, like him comforting and being there for haley and his scene with Lydia, by far one of the best naley moments, without Haley even being there. He was honest, real, emotional, God i was looking for more of Nathan on screen.

When Nathan and Lydia were talking, I think it would’ve been great if they did a flashback to when Nathan did ask Haley’s hand in marriage and it would’ve been nice to bring Jimmy back in and show the deleted scene that was from season 2 dvd. I mean talk about the perfect opportunity to use, unused footage! but nathan, you may have had a very few scenes tonight but they were all great.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:13 AM
Elite Fan

What Nathan (and also Lydia) said is probably one of the best lines of dialogue ever on this show . It really does just sum up NH and Nathan's feelings for Haley & what NH mean & the impact they had on each other. Such beautiful words. I mean as a NH fan, you just can't ask for more.

This was the writer who wrote 6.06 right? I was really disapointed in that ep when it came to NH scenes with the aftermath of NC (with the dialogue in the school yard and the lack of other dialogue for NH in the ep, I mean they just went straight to slam ball talk), but he more then made up for it this time. This is what I've been waiting for. Thank you.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:33 AM
Loyal Fan

This episode actually left me breathless. First of all, Joy's directing was even more beautiful than her last time, and that is saying a lot. The scene where the camera pans out of the room after Nathan tells her that his doctor said the same thing as the others and he comforts her? AMAZING. And the whole scene with Haley/Jamie and all the angles were just incredible. Fantastic job by Joy.

Now, I am completely overwhelmed by how well they're developing our story. I'm serious; the way they write the dialog and the time they spend on the scenes; letting the character settle in and stretch... That's been missing on this show for several seasons. I feel like it's always quick clips of people doing randon stuff to backgrounf music. But this, oh man, we are lucky. So lucky this season.

Joy brought down the house as always and I can't even get into her stuff because there was so much of it this episode (ha! when did I ever think I'd be able to say that?), but I just have express my outmost graditude to whoever wrote the Nathan/Lydia scene. Everything I ever wanted. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I take back my complaint about Nathan not getting a scene last week, because I wouldn't trade this for the world. The way James delivered that line... Boy, when you get good material, you own it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread