Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2004, 08:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yes NikNak, if you could change this thread to just something about Spoilers for North Shore... I will remove the info. for the other two shows from the first post and start a new thread for those.

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2004, 09:17 AM
MST Manager

Already taken care of.
Old 06-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by NikNak
Already taken care of.
Thank you!
Old 06-14-2004, 01:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

From tvguide.com:

"If Fox makes a hit of its new Hawaii-set soap, North Shore (premiering tonight at 8 pm/ET), then its other prime-time sudser, The O.C., could be missing one of its mischievous minxes when it returns in November. That's because O.C. hellion Hailey and North Shore trouble magnet Tessa are both played by Amanda Righetti, the hardest-working vamp since Heather Locklear. "I guess I'm sort of on a roll here!" Righetti tells TV Guide Online with a laugh. "I'm hoping that I can do both shows, but it's going to really depend on scheduling. It's like, 'Don't make me choose!'"
Old 06-14-2004, 03:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hey, someone mentioned that Nikki DeLoach (as MJ) used to be on the Mickey Mouse Club... does anyone know anything about that?

I used to watch it way back in the day when Keri Russell and JC were on there.....
Old 06-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by star_princess7
Hey, someone mentioned that Nikki DeLoach (as MJ) used to be on the Mickey Mouse Club... does anyone know anything about that?
If you don't recognize her, it's cause she had dark brown hair back then...
Old 06-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by star_princess7

I used to watch it way back in the day when Keri Russell and JC were on there.....
Oh yeah. Nikki came in the sixth season with Justin, Ryan, Britney, Tate, T.J and Christina.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by coolove
Oh yeah. Nikki came in the sixth season with Justin, Ryan, Britney, Tate, T.J and Christina.
Thanks. Don't think I watched it anymore at that point though.

So last night's episode.... anyone have any comments? Parts of it were pretty good but I found myself losing interest during some of it too.

Definetly wanted to give Jason and big hug (and kiss) after he thought Nicole came back to him but then found that she was engaged.

And that lifegaurd - what a hottie. I will probably continue to watch at least so I can look at him!
Old 06-15-2004, 01:46 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked last nights episode. But I got bored with some parts. I Really like Nicole and Jason. I think that's his name. When ever he kissed her on the beach I was so happy. I'll probably watch next week.
Old 06-19-2004, 08:23 AM
Obsessed Fan

Say it ain't so...

From Honolulu Star Bullentin :

Quote:
Executive producer Chris Brancato of Fox's "North Shore" is considering booking reality show contestants, including Trista Rehn and Ryan Sutter from "The Bachelor." Brancato reportedly nixed an appearance by Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth, of "The Apprentice," but wants host Donald Trump in a guest role ...
Old 06-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey Guys ~ Some new sides are posted on FanBolt for episodes 4 and 5 - 'Meteor Shower' and 'My Boyfriends Back'.

I believe episode 3 is now 'Surprise Party".
Old 06-23-2004, 02:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

Haven't caught Monday's episode yet but thought this article was interesting...

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - One year ago, Amanda Righetti was looking for work. In her first pilot season, the young actress landed the lead in "No Place Like Home," a drama from "Party of Five" creator Amy Lippman, but FOX decided not to pick up the series. Executives were so enamored with Righetti thought that she was signed to the kind of talent holding deal that can either lead to a big break or to a year of bad scripts and obscurity.
For Righetti, the deal turned into a pair of the former, as the Las Vegas native has emerged as the go-to Party Girl for hot FOX primetime soap operas. In her 10-episode run as Hailey Nichol on "The O.C.," she managed to throw a wild, uncontrolled party, work as a stripper at an upscale Hollywood club, romance a notorious embezzler and get into a killer pool-side catfight.

Making a splashy debut in the second episode of the summer drama "North Shore," Righetti's Tessa Lewis sang drunken karaoke, helped trash a hotel room, fended off an abusive boyfriend and scammed her way from vagabond to assistant concierge in the course of an hour.

Thanks to FOX's commitment to year-round programming, Righetti was able to surf from one upscale beach location to the next without skipping a beat.
"I really, in my mind, had a goal of being able to work over the summer, whether it be a film or television or a play," she explains. "Whatever it was. I still wanted to be able to stretch myself as an actor. It just turned that timing-wise, 'The O.C.' was going to be finished up and 'The North Shore' was going to be starting. I though, 'You know, Hawaii's not a bad place to be.'"

On the surface, Hailey and Tessa seem cut from a similar Bad Girl mode, an archetype that the 21-year-old actress still enjoys playing.

"I like the colors," Righetti says. "I like the layers of the characters. It makes it challenging as an actor and especially on TV it's nice to have a character that's constantly unpredictable."

With Tessa and Hailey, Righetti has gotten to play forces of unbridled id, cutting swaths that are a much self-destructive as damaging to those around them. While casual viewers may find the two women identical, she explains that the differences lie in their backgrounds.

"Tessa is a lot more raw," she notes. "She comes from a broken home and she started on her own at a younger age. She's really more of an alley cat. Whereas Hailey, she's a lot more sheltered. I don't think that she deliberately tries to hurt people. As much as she likes to stir up the pot, there's also consequences and she recognizes that. I don't think she wants to push it too far. With Tessa, she does it because it's what she likes to do. She gets her kicks from being that very manipulative person."

Righetti enjoys taking chances with her wild characters, but admits that she didn't enjoy watching playback of her off-key cover of "All By Myself."

"I was mortified," she laughs. "Mortified. I don't know how well it's gone over with the audience, but I watched it with full embarrassment."

She's much less embarrassed by her character's skimpy wardrobe, which in her first episode alternates between a skimpy red bikini and cut-offs, a maid's uniform and a pilfered evening gown.

"I've gotta tell you, it's really hot over here," Righetti sighs. "I know it sounds very silly, but the weather is a force to contend with. You can't control it. When you're wearing a lot of clothes, you're more miserable, because they're just sticking to you. When you have less clothes, it's a little bit easier to get through the day."

"North Shore" is half-way through its steamy summer shooting schedule and Righetti is already looking forward to a possible return to "The O.C." She doesn't have any kind of deal in place for next season, but she's hopeful.

"I love 'The O.C.,'" she says. "I had great home with them. It was an incredible cast and crew and just a pleasure to work with everybody on the show. I would love to be back there if they'll have me."
Old 06-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Info. on the next couple of episodes on the main post.... NikNak could you update the thread title to read that it was updated today?

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2004, 09:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Duo Surfs into 'North Shore'
(Wednesday, June 23 04:12 PM)
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - FOX is upping the romantic-entanglement factor on its new drama "North Shore" with two additions to the cast.
Josh Hopkins ("Ally McBeal") and Dylan Bruno ("Where the Heart Is") have signed on to recurring roles on the show, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Hopkins, who had a recurring part on CBS' "Cold Case" last season, will appear in at least four episodes of "North Shore" as Morgan Holt, the fiance of Brooke Burns' character, Nicole Booth. Previously only an unseen an unheard person on the other end of a cell-phone conversation, Morgan will complete the love triangle with Nicole and former flame/current co-worker Jason Matthews (Kristoffer Polaha).

Bruno, meanwhile, will play a former boyfriend of waitress MJ Bevans (Nikki Deloach). His credits include the ABC movie "The Pennsylvania Miners' Story" and "Grand Theft Parsons."

Pic of Josh Hopkins:
Old 06-24-2004, 07:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks spazzie !