Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2016, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

WOW!

I thought he would ride it to the end, something tells me this was a sign they are not ending the show anytime soon. I can't evision the show without DiNozzo.

Sorry McGee doesn`t do it for me... I like him, but I love Tony.

Wonder if they will bring Ziva back to be his ending. Or he head off to be with her, and come back for the series finale whenever that is...

How can you replace Tony!

Source: Tvline.com

---------------------------

Michael Weatherly Leaving NCIS

By Matt Webb Mitovich / January 5 2016, 2:46 PM PST

NCIS favorite Michael Weatherly is exiting the CBS drama after 13 seasons, TVLine can exclusively confirm.

The actor will make his final appearance as Special Agent Tony DiNozzo at the end of this season.

“After 13 years on NCIS, Michael Weatherly is leaving the show at the end of this season,” reads a statement from CBS. “He is a valued part of the CBS family, and the immense charm and talent he brings to the screen as ‘Very’ Special Agent Tony DiNozzo has helped make NCIS what it is today – the No. 1 drama in the world.

“We thank Michael for all of his contributions to this successful franchise,” the statement continues, “and look forward to continuing to develop projects NCIS-weatherly-leaving-quotewith him as part of our ongoing development deal.”

Weatherly immediately responded to TVLine’s reporting, sharing on Twitter, “DiNozzo is a wonderful, quixotic character and I couldn’t have had more fun playing him over the past 13 seasons…. [CBS Corp. CEO] Les Moonves and CBS gave me the opportunity of a lifetime. I will miss the amazing crew and cast, who are like family to me, and to the fans all over the world — THANK YOU, it’s been a fantastic ride!”

David McCallum, who plays Ducky, let slip about Weatherly’s exit in a Q&A with the UK’s Vulture Hound magazine, saying, “DiNozzo, played by Michael Weatherly… is leaving at the end of the season. So the writers have to decide what to do when one of the four members of the original cast leaves.”

McCallum and Weatherly, along with frontman Mark Harmon and Pauley Perrette, represent the well-watched drama’s remaining original players.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 01-05-2016, 09:59 PM
Elite Fan

Oh, wow. Glad I bowed out when is Ziva left.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 01-06-2016, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The downfall of a show so popular and going for so long. You are bound to start losing the main cast. Because of the ratings, the network is hesitant to say good-bye to the show...

While I wouldn't be surprised if CBS announced it was the final season, how do you replace Tony? McGee doesn't have the same cache as a character. But to CBS, as long as they have Mark Harmon, they might keep it going...

I really thought the chances of us losing Gibbs first would arise, then Tony would take over as leader...

I guess after thirteen years, Michael just got the need to want to other things... Still not sure what he would do given he's such recognizable as Tony, who has been there since DAY ONE!

This is not even a case of Grey's Anatomy, where that show had developed into a true essemble show and they could mask the departure of one of their original leading men.

Tony brought so much humor. I can't see the show capturing the same without him!

Losing Cote was a different matter given they had done a replacement of the lead female before, even thought she lasted a long time. But this is TONY!
Old 01-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Passionate Fan

Wow. It is surprising to read, but not unexpected after such a long, successful run. He's got to do other things, stretch his acting chops. I wish him a lot of luck.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
Wow. It is surprising to read, but not unexpected after such a long, successful run. He's got to do other things, stretch his acting chops. I wish him a lot of luck.
Oh I understand it. The show shows no signs of ending, especially given the strength of the viewership numbers. CBS would be foolish to lose 18 million viewers in this day and age unless Mark wants to end it.

The thing is if Mark had wanted to be the one to go, if Michael had been there, I could see the show continuing on with Tony as leader.

But this is a big gap. I could see the show continuing if McGee had left, if Sean wanted to leave. I like him, but he not one of my must see characters...

He brings so much of the humor the show has. Not Gibbs, or even McGee. Jimmy is a crazy character but he's not Tony.

So I am little perplexed how the show could go on after this departure. I am sure it could.

I really hope Tony's ending is getting his own team, and leaving to reunite with Ziva if they can't get Cote to come back for his last episode...

I am just not sure he's going to get that much out of this in terms of his career. He is such known as Tony DiNozo. And I am not sure he's going to be able to find that show. Especially after 13 years. But then who knows, he might find that opportunity.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Passionate Fan

I agree, Jasper, that Michael Weatherly IS Tony DiNozzo and no mater what other role he takes he will always be DiNozzo. It will be hard to change character .......... I mean he could change and act another way, but we all know him as Tony, so the audience will have a hard time. Type cast, that is the word.

I don't know who could take his place, maybe some bit actor from the past could do it. That one fellow who appears now and then, an older agent.

Or maybe Scott Bakula might join up with this team, but he's very serious in his show.
Old 01-06-2016, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious Island Girl (View Post)
I agree, Jasper, that Michael Weatherly IS Tony DiNozzo and no mater what other role he takes he will always be DiNozzo. It will be hard to change character .......... I mean he could change and act another way, but we all know him as Tony, so the audience will have a hard time. Type cast, that is the word.

I don't know who could take his place, maybe some bit actor from the past could do it. That one fellow who appears now and then, an older agent.

Or maybe Scott Bakula might join up with this team, but he's very serious in his show.
There was talk in December on TVLine before there was even speculation that Michael was leaving that they were looking to add two new characters next season.

Of course a big cavet is that Michael's contract was not the only one up this year. Same goes with Sean, Rocky (McGee and Vance). Emily's contract is new so she's still under it.

David (Ducky) in the interview that touched off speculation seems to indicate he might be only back for another year. So sounds like he's going to renew at least for a year.

Vance is seen so irregularly these days, Rocky will probably stay...

So assuming all the players stay the same. And there is additional year.

I assume McGee will take over Very Special Senior Agent duties.

Bishop will graduate to Junior Agent. And they will bring in a new probie. Another male, or do what New Orleans did and bring in a second female... which makes it different from the mothership and LA.

Of course a large question is if NCIS: LA remains on the air another year. Due to softening ratings it hasn't been doing so hot these days. So if they decide not to continue it...

I could see the show bringing in Deeks as a agent as he's humorous character, and could clash with the others... And with him, might come Kenzie.

Or they will all new...

But TONY WILL BE MISSED. Michael made it such a memorable character.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can't imagine the show without his character's dynamic. I just hope they don't kill the character off...

Totally surprise by the news.
Old 01-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
I can't imagine the show without his character's dynamic. I just hope they don't kill the character off...

Totally surprise by the news.
Me too. I was thinking they were heading for Gibbs stepping back, since Mark is producing NCIS: NO. He could concentrate on that more than on NCIS. And Tony would take more of a leader role.

But then contracts were up this year. And the last few have been relatively contentious and sometimes did take quite awhile to resolve.

And I heard a rumor that the show knew as soon as last year that Michael was quite likely wanting to stick only for this season, and might want to leave.

So it sounds like the show knew this...

Maybe why they revisited Jeanne. And Tony has made comments that he and McGee are way too in sync with their thinking processes.

I really hope they have him head off to see Ziva. If they can't get Cote back... And to take a lead role with a team. So they could bring him back if the show does end!

It's going to be a MAJOR hole. Even more so than any other exit. Except maybe Gibbs, but then I could think the show could withstand it.

Tony was so beloved.

I don't think they will kill him off. They kill off too many characters as a easy out. And letting him grow in his career, move on. Allows the idea that he could come back for the series finale!
Old 01-07-2016, 09:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

I think they will have Tony finally get his own team somewhere. That will open up for him guest starring down the road.

I almost stopped watching after Kate died but Tony was the reason I kept watching. I really hate when ensemble shows have more focus on one character more than the others. I really dislike Gibbs as I do Pride in the NOLA version. They are always the focus, always the ones that figures things out and it's just tiring to watch. They aren't even interesting characters. They should have let Harmon go a long time ago.

Tony IS the show!
Old 01-24-2016, 11:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
It's going to be a MAJOR hole. Even more so than any other exit. Except maybe Gibbs, but then I could think the show could withstand it.

Tony was so beloved.

I don't think they will kill him off. They kill off too many characters as a easy out. And letting him grow in his career, move on. Allows the idea that he could come back for the series finale!
He still is beloved!
Yeah, I have a tough time believing it will be a "deadly" exit. Either a new team or he needs a hide under deep cover.

Curious if they've already planted the seeds of his exit in this season's storylines...
Old 01-28-2016, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

‘NCIS’ Season 14 Casting New Series Regular — FBI Agent Tess | TVLine
Quote:
NCIS: Meet the Female Fed Who Will Join Gibbs' Team for Season 14

NCIS will be adding a real pistol to its armory in Season 14.

As first reported by TVLine’s Ask Ausiello — two weeks before Michael Weatherly’s end-of-season exit was announced — TV’s most watched drama is aiming to add two series regulars for the foregone conclusion that is Season 14. And now we have intel on the female of the two noobs.

To be introduced in time for the Season 13 finale, the CBS drama is seeking a “name” actress to play “Tess,” an FBI Special Agent in her late 30s who has recently transferred to D.C. from New York City’s Counter-Terrorism Unit. Described in the tentative casting breakdown as “quick-witted, sarcastic, shrewd” and “two parts bulldog, one part sweet kitten,” the G-woman can just as easily keep up with a group of politicians talking at a black-tie fundraiser as she can truck drivers at a roadside diner. In her mind, sleep and sex are “overrated” while a good martini and a rare bacon cheeseburger aren’t.

A three-time divorcée (because the husbands apparently “can’t keep up with her”) who has no children, Tess is content acting as “Mamma Bear” to any co-worker who needs a shoulder to lean on. Just don’t make her angry, because that’s when she tends to ruffle even her superiors’ feathers.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:44 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks!

Does anyone know how Michael is leaving the show? I hope they don't kill him off. Maybe they can send him off into the sunset with Ziva!??!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 01-29-2016, 10:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure as of yet. Though they did say it will be a long arc leading to his exit, and Ziva returning was ruled out. (so far)

Only the latest spoiler of two new additions with one being introduce during the later half of the season.