Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Elite Fan

Omg I have to see this! What episode did all this take place in?
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell Dream Girl (View Post)
Omg I have to see this! What episode did all this take place in?
The Tali reveal was in the season finale, two weeks ago. Michael's (Tony's) final episode (assuming he doesn't appear again sometime in the future). It was called Family First. Episode 24 of the season.

But the Ziva issue was all over the last two episode. You really got to see how Ziva was just waiting to pop up again in Tony's life.

Whether Ziva was dead was the cliffhanger going into the season finale. And then told us she was dead, and sprung the Tali surprise in the finale.

So episode 23 and 24 are the big send off to Tony.

Tali and Tony were so adorable together...
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 06-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

^Thanks for clarifying

icon by elegantamber ღღღ
Old 06-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Elite Fan

Omg I'm gonna have to watch these episodes. I stopped watching when she left the show.
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-04-2016, 12:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
But in the short term it gave a way for Tony to finally leave NCIS. Otherwise, there was no credible way he would leave...
There really wasn't.

The only other way for MW to leave is if they killed his character off in the line of duty, but it would've been so awfully wrong after 13 seasons.

I'm hoping he makes a surprise return once before series end - whenever that may be.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGal (View Post)
There really wasn't.

The only other way for MW to leave is if they killed his character off in the line of duty, but it would've been so awfully wrong after 13 seasons.

I'm hoping he makes a surprise return once before series end - whenever that may be.
After 13 years, and 15 years on Team Gibbs (he was there two years before the show began). You either kill him off. Sure you could give him his own team. But come on, he loved Gibbs, McGee and Abby too much to leave without very credible reason. A more personal reason.

And I guess they did some research of they found federal agents are more prone to leave if they have children. Especially given Tony's own personal baggage. And all the danger they have been put under...

So for him to discover that he has a daughter and be a single parent now (assuming they don't find out Ziva is actually alive). It gives himself a out.

Gibbs would walk away tomorrow if he had daughter back. So it is a way for he could leave, and Gibbs could respect it. And it leaves him open to be able to come back for a guest shot or two.

As one of the interviews I read, finding out Ziva is alive calls for a Sweeps episode. Or something could come calling and we would see Tony and little Tali again.

I personally think if Cote hadn't burned her bridges with the show. They might have had Ziva stay alive. And come and reveal that he had a child. And they would go off together. But due to circumstances, they left it at the child reveal and being a single parent and truly bonding with Tali makes Tony make the ultimate sacrifice.

But leaves open the opening incase Michael does want to come back. Or to close out the series...

Last edited by Jasper1975; 06-04-2016 at 10:12 AM
Old 06-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
After 13 years, and 15 years on Team Gibbs (he was there two years before the show began). You either kill him off. Sure you could give him his own team. But come on, he loved Gibbs, McGee and Abby too much to leave without very credible reason. A more personal reason.

And I guess they did some research of they found federal agents are more prone to leave if they have children. Especially given Tony's own personal baggage. And all the danger they have been put under...

So for him to discover that he has a daughter and be a single parent now (assuming they don't find out Ziva is actually alive). It gives himself a out.

Gibbs would walk away tomorrow if he had daughter back. So it is a way for he could leave, and Gibbs could respect it. And it leaves him open to be able to come back for a guest shot or two.

As one of the interviews I read, finding out Ziva is alive calls for a Sweeps episode. Or something could come calling and we would see Tony and little Tali again.

I personally think if Cote hadn't burned her bridges with the show. They might have had Ziva stay alive. And come and reveal that he had a child. And they would go off together. But due to circumstances, they left it at the child reveal and being a single parent and truly bonding with Tali makes Tony make the ultimate sacrifice.

But leaves open the opening incase Michael does want to come back. Or to close out the series...
If anything, gary glasberg burned some bridges.
Cote made no secret about being dissapointed how they wrote ziva out of the show the first time.
But she was always open to a return...if its a good story.
She came back to talk about her involvement in tonys "final" storyline...but what they offered was not what she thought should happen, so she refused.

She cares about the character and the fans...something gary glasberg imo showed he doesnt.
Its not Cote who promised things over and over, who baited the fans and continues to do so.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 06-04-2016, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWolf (View Post)
Cote made no secret about being dissapointed how they wrote ziva out of the show the first time.
She came back to talk about her involvement in tonys "final" storyline...but what they offered was not what she thought should happen, so she refused.

She cares about the character and the fans...something gary glasberg imo showed he doesnt.
Its not Cote who promised things over and over, who baited the fans and continues to do so.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

I admit I haven't followed much on the front with Cote. But given the first strike was on her for leaving how she did. She negotiated the whole negotiation period, and then only with a week before everyone had to return to start shooting the new season decided she wanted to leave. She had every right to make that decision. And I am sure some of it was CBS not giving her the money she wanted.

But it's was very unprofessional to give only a week notice before they were to begin shooting and therefore the first episodes had to be completely rewritten to allow to explain Ziva's departure. And then further plans for Ziva had to be eliminated for the first half of the season.

And they had to quickly figure out how they were to deal with it, and how to add someone new. Which meant casting for someone new.

I am not saying CBS isn't at fault. Given Gary doesn't deal with negotiations. That would be on CBS. He can only do what he could do.

And given he had such a short period of time. They had to figure out how they make a credible Ziva exit. Not saying I was completely happy with how they handled the exit storyline. But given she chose to leave. It was her own decision. I give NCIS credit at trying to create plausible departure in such a short period of time.

Michael gave them a year notice he was looking to leave. She had gave them a week before they were already due to shoot scripts that were already written, and had to totally revised.

I think they admit that they talked to Cote in the beginning. But it didn't work out, so they went their own way with Tony's exit. They always figured a child would be why Tony would leave. Whether Ziva was going to be alive but because it didn't work out, they killed her but left open the possibility to reserve it later...

To me. It doesn't matter if it's about a good story or not. She was coming back to let Tony sign off. She wasn't returning to come back for good. The exit should have been about him, not her...

I do think CBS has a lot of fault with what happened with Cote's departure. But she didn't handle it as well as she could. And therefore it probably gave CBS pause. And some burned bridges.

Doesn't mean they wouldn't want her to come back if all parties found agreement. Because they know ratings would spike.

Last edited by Jasper1975; 06-04-2016 at 03:11 PM
Old 06-05-2016, 01:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I admit I haven't followed much on the front with Cote. But given the first strike was on her for leaving how she did. She negotiated the whole negotiation period, and then only with a week before everyone had to return to start shooting the new season decided she wanted to leave. She had every right to make that decision. And I am sure some of it was CBS not giving her the money she wanted.

But it's was very unprofessional to give only a week notice before they were to begin shooting and therefore the first episodes had to be completely rewritten to allow to explain Ziva's departure. And then further plans for Ziva had to be eliminated for the first half of the season.

And they had to quickly figure out how they were to deal with it, and how to add someone new. Which meant casting for someone new.

I am not saying CBS isn't at fault. Given Gary doesn't deal with negotiations. That would be on CBS. He can only do what he could do.

And given he had such a short period of time. They had to figure out how they make a credible Ziva exit. Not saying I was completely happy with how they handled the exit storyline. But given she chose to leave. It was her own decision. I give NCIS credit at trying to create plausible departure in such a short period of time.

Michael gave them a year notice he was looking to leave. She had gave them a week before they were already due to shoot scripts that were already written, and had to totally revised.

I think they admit that they talked to Cote in the beginning. But it didn't work out, so they went their own way with Tony's exit. They always figured a child would be why Tony would leave. Whether Ziva was going to be alive but because it didn't work out, they killed her but left open the possibility to reserve it later...

To me. It doesn't matter if it's about a good story or not. She was coming back to let Tony sign off. She wasn't returning to come back for good. The exit should have been about him, not her...

I do think CBS has a lot of fault with what happened with Cote's departure. But she didn't handle it as well as she could. And therefore it probably gave CBS pause. And some burned bridges.

Doesn't mean they wouldn't want her to come back if all parties found agreement. Because they know ratings would spike.
Nobody expect the people who were invovled know why she left the show in the first place, so i think its pointless to talk about that.
There are rumors that it was a very personal reason for her to leave so suddenly, but i dont want to get invovled in any rumors and stuff.

And if i have the option to believe a network who is known to treat its female actors not in the best way, A showrunner who downright "promised" things for the characters/the show and didnt keep them...or if i should believe the woman who didnt say anyhting bad, was open to return, decided to not return to a storyline that she knew wouldnt be what the fans and character deserves...then i choose option 3.

I spent 10 years defending CBS and Gary Glasberg through everything...but im at the point where i dont do that anymore.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 06-05-2016, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Nobody expect the people who were invovled know why she left the show in the first place, so i think its pointless to talk about that.
There are rumors that it was a very personal reason for her to leave so suddenly, but i dont want to get invovled in any rumors and stuff.

And if i have the option to believe a network who is known to treat its female actors not in the best way, A showrunner who downright "promised" things for the characters/the show and didnt keep them...or if i should believe the woman who didnt say anyhting bad, was open to return, decided to not return to a storyline that she knew wouldnt be what the fans and character deserves...then i choose option 3.

I spent 10 years defending CBS and Gary Glasberg through everything...but im at the point where i dont do that anymore.
We will never truly know why. Of course there are rumors of all kinds of things. And I can see personal, if you have seen a particular commercial on television. And I remember her saying something that it was necessary pay but something more personal why she left. But given that it was in the era after the botched handling of the females on Criminal Minds. And because there is only one other regular female on NCIS, during her time. CBS didn't come out of it looking good.

And I still believe a large part of it was CBS's fault. Only partly Cote. But she did decide at the very last minute not to come back. Which put the show in a incredible tight spot. While storywise they had a opening to write out Ziva. But they were led to believe she was returning, and therefore had stories in place for the new season and they had to completely rewrite to accommodate Ziva's exit on short notice. One week before the show was due to return to shooting scripts already written, and in place.

And to find someone new...

I don't blame Gary. Yes he promises things to audiences. All showrunners do. But he was newly in the role of taking over the show at the end of Ziva's run. Taking over formally for Shane. Who took over for the original team.

It was annoying they kept hinting at Tony and Ziva, and then pulled back and kept the dance going. And then gotten hit in the stomach when Ziva left. And therefore it ended the dance before they took it to completion.

Although I do wonder if they were going to do more with Tony and Ziva that season and Cote departure put a damper at it. Because you had the set up where they were both gone from NCIS, whether temporarily or not. So not agents. And they could have gone there more easily. And had to face the ramifications when back at NCIS.

We will never know truly probably because it's at the stage of, they say, she says. Both have sides.

And because we're fans. We can speculate. So yes, at the time, I was down on CBS and I think a large part of it was their fault. They do the negotiations. Gary only deals with storylines and other aspects...

But I do think Cote could have decided earlier if she had wanted to leave. She left it until the end!

As a result Michael gave them a year notice. And other negotiations are usually wrapped up pretty quickly one way or another...now a days.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:02 AM
Elite Fan

it's a better ending for Tony than I expected.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
it's a better ending for Tony than I expected.
I figured it would be a good one. He was such a important member of the show. I am just glad they didn't kill him off. He is off searching for answers, and most importantly being there for his daughter. It made sense. It was really the only way Tony would go out of NCIS willingly. Given his own childhood. He would want to be there for his child.

And he's come to terms with his own father, and now both Senior and Jr can be there guiding little Tali.

One day you can bet Tali will join NCIS. And be the next generation.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 08-27-2016, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

‘NCIS’ Season 14 Cast Shake-Up: Where Will New Arrivals Sit? | TVLine
Quote:
NCIS Boss Answers Burning Question: Where Will All the New Arrivals Sit?!
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 24 2016

You needn’t be a math major to realize that CBS’ NCIS is facing a tight squeeze heading into Season 14, seeing as one (1) desk has been vacated and yet at least two (2) new agents are set to join Gibbs’ team.

How will everyone fit into the squad room? “Well, we’re stacking desks now…,” Brian Dietzen, who plays Jimmy Palmer, answers with a laugh.

But maybe he isn’t so far off.

When TV’s most NCISwatched drama returns on Tuesday, Sept. 20, “Gibbs has been trying — unsuccessfully! — to find an agent to take over the empty desk [where DiNozzo sat],” showrunner Gary Glasberg tells TVLine. In fact, of the candidates sent his way, “He has burned through six of them.” Cue the arrival of NCIS Special Agent Alex Quinn, played by new series regular Jennifer Esposito (Blue Bloods).

“She’s an instructor at FLETC, the [Federal] Law Enforcement Training Center,” says Glasberg, “so she basically shows up and says to Gibbs, ‘What the hell is wrong with you?!'”

Quinn’s on-site check-in coincides with the team working a case that resurfaces long-undercover NCIS Special Agent Nick Torres (new series regular Wilmer Valderrama). As such, by the end of the premiere, Gibbs will have not one but two new team members. And a subsequent episode will solve the aforementioned seating problem.

“There’s something really fun coming up — we’ve rearranged things a bit,” Glasberg teases. “I think the fans are going to go a little crazy.”

And that’s not even to say what will become of MI6 Officer Clayton Reeves, when Duane Henry officially joins the cast in Episode 5.

Surveying the cast shake-up, Dietzen notes, “It’s interesting, because we obviously lost Michael Weatherly, and we’re so happy for him — [his new show Bull] is going to be on right after ours – and yet after 13 years, you go, ‘Wow, now we have a new injection of different energy.'”

Quote:
Question: I’m starting to feel NCIS withdrawals kicking in, so I would love any scoop you can share. —Michelle

Ausiello: I can report that Duane Henry won’t make his series regular debut as MI6 officer Clayton Reeves until the fifth episode of Season 14, which kicks off Sept. 20. (Speaking to the few who carped about his English accent during his end-of-Season 12 debut, Henry advises, “You just have to slow your ears down a bit,” before adding very playfully: “We invented this bloody language, so leave me alone!”) Emily Wickersham meanwhile is happy to have new series regular Jennifer Esposito with her up in the big orange room, whereas Pauley Perrette’s Abby is almost exclusively stationed in the lab. “To have another girl around every day is fantastic,” Bishop’s portrayer reports. “The squad room dynamics are totally different. It’s awesome.”
Colton Haynes Returning to ‘Arrow’ in Season 5 as Roy? | TVLine