Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lg238 (View Post)
Exactly, especially Juliette is only talking about maddie instead of herself. Poor hayden, she must be pissed. Even avery got more. I really hope hayden leaves after season 6. That she finds something else good so she can finally move on and I can finally stop caring for this crappy show altogether.

The problem is not whether or not maddie is mature or not. It#s just we want less maddie and more the others. Especially Hayden and Avery. The fact Juliette only speak about maddie her charcter in relation to maddie bothers me a lot and totally confirms Maddie/daphneville
I disagree, because there have been other promos where Juliette doesn't even whisper the name Maddie. It shows her focused on her own career.

I actually thought this promo was pretty balanced overall. Maybe could have used a touch more Will, but pretty balanced. I don't expect a promo of this length to cover every single possible storyline either, but maybe that's just me. I do think that the healing of the Deacon/Daphne/Maddie family will be spotlighted, but good grief, they just lost their wife/mother. I think that's to be expected and is part of the go forward process after Rayna.
Old 05-14-2017, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

They posted a happy Mother's Day on Instagram and said "and our mother to be" referring to Scarlett. How gross is that if she loses the baby?
Old 05-14-2017, 05:26 PM
Total Fan

^ That would be kind of sad to post, especially if she loses the baby later on. But Scarlett was really showing in the clip of her walking into the room. Still thinking the baby won't be Gunnar's though and I'm not looking forward to more of Damien in the future. Does anyone know how many shows he is supposed to be on?

As for Maddie and Daphne continuing to get so much air time. I think that is just something the new people are going to write about and pursue. I think they are finishing the story started way back in season 4 when Rayna and Deacon got married and Daphne was so worried about not being a part of the "family." I don't mind this story being played out, but (like the Daphne-gets-her-period episode), I don't want every other scene to be Daphne and her wild haired friend.
Old 05-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Loyal Fan

I don't mind Daphne and even Maddie having their own storylines, but I do mind when they have the main storylines for episode after episode like what happened in the latter half of season 5A. I've watched other shows where kids suddenly get prominate roles on a show that started out being about adults, and it always ruins the show, imo.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
They posted a happy Mother's Day on Instagram and said "and our mother to be" referring to Scarlett. How gross is that if she loses the baby?
Thanks for letting us know.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:16 PM
Total Fan

^ I agree. And even shows like Disney's Girl Meets World that played to teens just couldn't hold up over time.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville fan (View Post)
^ That would be kind of sad to post, especially if she loses the baby later on. But Scarlett was really showing in the clip of her walking into the room. Still thinking the baby won't be Gunnar's though and I'm not looking forward to more of Damien in the future. Does anyone know how many shows he is supposed to be on?

As for Maddie and Daphne continuing to get so much air time. I think that is just something the new people are going to write about and pursue. I think they are finishing the story started way back in season 4 when Rayna and Deacon got married and Daphne was so worried about not being a part of the "family." I don't mind this story being played out, but (like the Daphne-gets-her-period episode), I don't want every other scene to be Daphne and her wild haired friend.
I cannot believe this is where they've decided to go. At least make Damien a guy she was actually dating for awhile before this point. I will not be able to watch him help her raise someone else's kid.
Old 05-14-2017, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

As for juliette looks like they act as if her progress doesn't even exist. She's now the bitchy bad girl again.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=_od1ulp-MZE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville615 (View Post)
I disagree, because there have been other promos where Juliette doesn't even whisper the name Maddie. It shows her focused on her own career.

I actually thought this promo was pretty balanced overall. Maybe could have used a touch more Will, but pretty balanced. I don't expect a promo of this length to cover every single possible storyline either, but maybe that's just me. I do think that the healing of the Deacon/Daphne/Maddie family will be spotlighted, but good grief, they just lost their wife/mother. I think that's to be expected and is part of the go forward process after Rayna.
I disagree with you. This promo was not balanced at all. But you're not the only nashvile fan who just can't see the bad new direction this show is taking.
Old 05-15-2017, 04:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I disagree with you. This promo was not balanced at all. But you're not the only nashvile fan who just can't see the bad new direction this show is taking.
Excuse me?? That's your opinion. It doesn't have to be mine. Or anyone else's. I think the people who are looking forward to what's next would say that you don't see the possibilities.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Excuse me?? That's your opinion. It doesn't have to be mine. Or anyone else's. I think the people who are looking forward to what's next would say that you don't see the possibilities.

I just stated the facts for this promo. other promos might be more balanced.
Old 05-15-2017, 07:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I did think it was odd that Juliette's segment was short and that it was focused on Maddie, but she's had a big focus on other promos, so it didn't bother me too much.

WHat does bother me is what in the world is Avery doing to her leg? As someone who's done (and is currently doing) a lot of physical therapy, I've never seen anything like that. It looks like she's stretching, and this is something the therapist would have her do herself. I do that with a towel at home or a band when I'm in the therapy room. I had the same problem when Juliette fell transferring to the toilet. She didn't put the brakes down on her wheelchair first, which is a big issue. And the toilet didn't have it's brakes on either, so it moved quite easily. No wonder she fell. Anyway, rant over. I'm just surprised a show like this doesn't do better medical research on these details.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I just stated the facts for this promo. other promos might be more balanced.
I disagree with your facts on the promo. But the rest was where you stated that the show was going in a "bad" direction, which is a matter of opinion.
Old 05-15-2017, 11:18 AM
Dedicated Fan

Just popped on to say how sad I was to hear about the passing of Powers Boothe. Loved him long before Nashville but he made a great Lamar. He was a character I wished had stuck around on the show. I will miss seeing him on my screen. RIP
Old 05-15-2017, 11:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

It depends whose story you are interested in. We all have our own views. Personally as Rayna/Deyna fan feeling really out of place these days...

But I´m happy for all who can enjoy.
Old 05-15-2017, 02:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
It depends whose story you are interested in. We all have our own views. Personally as Rayna/Deyna fan feeling really out of place these days...

But I´m happy for all who can enjoy.
It's still an opinion. Regardless of which stories you prefer.

I'm sorry you feel out of place. I am a Deacon/Rayna fan too, but I'm open to what the possibilities are. I understand not everyone is.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread