Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2017, 03:35 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks Christine
Old 04-13-2017, 01:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
It is really sad how fans are feeling now. I realize some people are very happy with the show still but there are some, myself included, that are upset that the show got renewed. Whoever would have thought we'd feel this way after all the excitement when it was saved by CMT? I would agree that these writers are out of touch with what fans wanted to see - or would even tolerate watching. Some of that is to be expected because the show was completely new to them but it seems like they doubled or even tripled down on stuff even when ratings showed that it wasn't going over well.

I'm with you, Lily. I have little hope that things will change significantly enough for me to be a regular viewer again, much less as devoted a fan as I was. I am happy the cast and crew get to work together again because they all seem to really enjoy this job. It's just a shame that so many people are now ex-fans - and judging by Twitter, some really hate the show now.

ETA: I think you might get your wish about the 5B ratings. Not only are some fans not planning on coming back, but it'll be a summer show on a not popular and for some, unaccessible network. People might not make the effort to watch it.
I wouldn´t put that on fans. For many it´s just too painful to watch now. The way they write Rayna off was just too cruel and not at all honoring her or fans. And that on top Scarlett/Damien etc already earlier in season. When still after over month that is causing pain daily it´s not worth it And that´s really breaking my heart, since Nashville was my happy place to escape when life gets too much.

I´m still going to always be fan for seasons 1-4 and support all cast and other fans This is just writing issue and no-one else´s fault.

Last edited by IceTear1; 04-13-2017 at 02:07 PM
Old 04-13-2017, 02:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
I wouldn´t put that on fans. For many it´s just too painful to watch now. The way they write Rayna off was just too cruel and not at all honoring her or fans. And that on top Scralett/Damien etc already earlier in season. When still after over month that is causing pain daily it´s not worth it

I´m still going to always be fan for seasons 1-4 and support all cast and other fans This is just writing issue and no-one else´s fault.
I agree. My criticism is definitely the writing. Many fans can't and won't get past Rayna's death. I completely empathize and support them. For those advocating for an alternate ending, good for them. If that helps them, then I will support them any way I can. And I will always support the cast as well. They are all awesome. My loathing of Zach has no bearing on Cam Scoggins. He's probably a very nice guy. But I really can't stand Zach or Damien for that matter. Lennon's a doll but Maddie not so much. But I think all of us are pretty clear on that point and understand where our anger lies and where it doesn't.

I feel exactly the same way you do IceTear. Watching Nashville right now is just painful and has been for me since 504/505. Not sure how I managed to make it to 509 but I was so done after that I haven't watched 510 or 511 and don't plan on watching when the show comes back. A lot would need to be fixed for me to come back at this point and the sides are not promising at all.
Old 04-13-2017, 02:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
I agree. My criticism is definitely the writing. Many fans can't and won't get past Rayna's death. I completely empathize and support them. For those advocating for an alternate ending, good for them. If that helps them, then I will support them any way I can. And I will always support the cast as well. They are all awesome. My loathing of Zach has no bearing on Cam Scoggins. He's probably a very nice guy. But I really can't stand Zach or Damien for that matter. Lennon's a doll but Maddie not so much. But I think all of us are pretty clear on that point and understand where our anger lies and where it doesn't.

I feel exactly the same way you do IceTear. Watching Nashville right now is just painful and has been for me since 504/505. Not sure how I managed to make it to 509 but I was so done after that I haven't watched 510 or 511 and don't plan on watching when the show comes back. A lot would need to be fixed for me to come back at this point and the sides are not promising at all.
Happy to hear you would support us. Since having been one tweeting for alternate xtra for DVD. That would certainly help to have options. Now at least there are alternates in Fanfiction
Old 04-13-2017, 07:11 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)

I also "will always support the cast." But, while I will follow Hayden, Chip, JJ, Will, Clare, and Gunnar as they pursue other endeavors, I will Not follow Cameron Scoggins or Christian Coulson. I don't hate them, they just don't appeal to me that much. And I will be very selective about how much I keep up with Lennon. I don't want to watch Lennon trying to be an adult.....Maybe I would watch her if she was in a teen show or a comedy. I know she's 17 and that's considered a young adult, but she's got a lot of growing up to do before I follow her in a grown-up role. And I'll try to hold my judgement about Rachel and Kaitlyn, but neither of them appeal to me right now. Maybe I'll change my mind once I see their stories, but since the main characters are not being utilized, I'm not even interested in where the showrunners want to take them. As far as I'm concerned, I say "Who Cares!" They'll just be taking up precious airtime that I'd rather see the main cast get.
Old 04-14-2017, 03:36 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I wouldn´t put that on fans. For many it´s just too painful to watch now. The way they write Rayna off was just too cruel and not at all honoring her or fans. And that on top Scarlett/Damien etc already earlier in season. When still after over month that is causing pain daily it´s not worth it And that´s really breaking my heart, since Nashville was my happy place to escape when life gets too much.

I didn't put anything on the fans. I very clearly stated that the writers, IMO, don't know what to do with these characters and are out of touch with what fans want/wanted to see.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:20 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I didn't put anything on the fans. I very clearly stated that the writers, IMO, don't know what to do with these characters and are out of touch with what fans want/wanted to see.
I´m probably too sensitive these days after all feedback I have gotten about sticking in old seasons. Just said in case you meant with saying it´s shame people stop as bad thing regarding fans, but glad to see we agree it´s writing.

Sorry if sounding too bad, wasn´t intention to blame you from anything. More a precautions comment based on being on my guard in fandom now.
Old 04-14-2017, 05:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I´m probably too sensitive these days after all feedback I have gotten about sticking in old seasons. Just said in case you meant with saying it´s shame people stop as bad thing regarding fans, but glad to see we agree it´s writing.

Sorry if sounding too bad, wasn´t intention to blame you from anything. More a precautions comment based on being on my guard in fandom now.
I understand why you're on your guard! Some of Nashville's fans have turned brutal against each other! Again, I blame the writers. Rayna's death was badly handled, even if she HAD to die, they could have written her better in the last months of her life. I think she deserved to go out in a blaze of glory. Not with a stalker and a last performance where no one paid her any mind. That was cruel.

And then everything else they've done has either been half assed or just plain wrong (505). They have done some things well, but there's not a single episode in S5 that I would watch just for the hell of it. I was watching some of S2 (my favorite) just the other day.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I understand why you're on your guard! Some of Nashville's fans have turned brutal against each other! Again, I blame the writers. Rayna's death was badly handled, even if she HAD to die, they could have written her better in the last months of her life. I think she deserved to go out in a blaze of glory. Not with a stalker and a last performance where no one paid her any mind. That was cruel.

And then everything else they've done has either been half assed or just plain wrong (505). They have done some things well, but there's not a single episode in S5 that I would watch just for the hell of it. I was watching some of S2 (my favorite) just the other day.
I agree with you with all of that. Even with death they should have given it more time, this stalker-crash-healing first-then complications and death combo was just cruel, not to mention that whole last performance ignored and trying to find herself only to die part

It´s sad that season they have said is for fans, is in the end all we don´t want to see and have divided before united front of fans

It´s just sad to see this happening to show we all have loved so much
Old 04-18-2017, 07:52 PM
Total Fan

I'm still so saddened about the way Rayna died. There's really no peace about it. Just shock and trauma.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:43 PM
Loyal Fan

The latest on-location casting mentions both Avery and Juliette, though it looks like they're doing separate things. Glad to see Avery is stll playing music.

Quote:
ZACH's HIGHWAY 65 STAFF: those who are previously established and have worked as Zach's Highway 65 Staff
BUS DRIVER: male, all ethnicities, age range 30-55, teamster/roadie type that might drive a band tour bus (prefer someone who actually can drive a bus or large vehicle) (*please specify experience when submitting)
MUSICIAN TYPES: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 21-35, hip, stylish, attractive, musicians who have the right wardrobe and attitude to portray someone hanging out on a tour bus with 'Avery'
TOUR ROADIES: male, all ethnicities, age range 20-50, musician and road crew types who are familiar with touring/backstage and who are comfortable moving equipment
VENUE SECURITY: male, all ethnicities, age range 21-40, larger stature
VENUE STAFF: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 18-45, variety of types who might work at a concert venue
PARTY BARTENDER: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 21-40, hip, attractive, upscale, should have some previous bartending experience so you look like you know what you are doing (*please specify experience when submitting)
PARTY SERVERS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 21-40, hip, attractive, upscale, MUSThave some previous server experience so you are comfortable carrying trays of drinks/snacks (*please specify experience when submitting)
PARTY HIPSTERS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 20-35, hip, stylish, attractive, hipster types
PARTY INDUSTRY TYPES: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 20-55, hip, stylish, attractive, upscale, mix of music industry/musicians/business types, MUST have nice cocktail party attire
PARTY JULIETTE's GUESTS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 22-40, upscale, stylish, beautiful/attractive, confident, A-List celebrity types, MUST have nice cocktail party attire
PARTY GUESTS with UPSCALE CARS: male and female, all ethnities, age range 20-40, hip, attractive, MUST have a high end vehicle (Lexus, Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW, etc) that is not white or black (*please specify year,make,model,color when submitting. You will be paid an additional $20 for prking your car in the scene), MUST have nice cocktail party attire
MUSIC JOURNALISTS: male and female, all ethnicities, age range 24-50, professional, hip, MUST have nice cocktail party attire
VALETS: male, all ethnicities, age range 18-30, clean-cut, conservative, should be comfortable pretending to run for cars at an upscale event
And this casting info is from yesterday. Looks like Avery has more fan girls.

Quote:
11:30am
STAGE CREW (recalled from scene on 4/11/17)
ROCK & ROLL LOCALS (recalled from scene on 4/11/17)
AVERY’s FAN GIRLS (recalled from scene on 4/11/17)
“NEW” FAN GIRLS
MUSIC VENUE AUDIENCE who have last names beginning with the letters A - B
MUSIC VENUE AUDIENCE WITH CARS
Old 04-19-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a lot of casting notices. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:24 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for all the info Crystal222
Old 04-20-2017, 05:18 AM
Total Fan

So nice to hear some news about Avery and Juliette. Looks like Avery will be going on tour. Will have to wait to see if he is tempted by all the fan girls. Could make for a juicy Avery-thinks-about cheating theme. Hope Juliette is not so caught up with being Maddie's manager that it causes her to ignore him (even more.)
Old 04-20-2017, 05:31 AM
Loyal Fan

I have a feeling that Juliette won't be Maddie's manager for long. Or she won't play much of a role. I think Juliette will become too caught up in her own career. Plus I could see Juliette being too pushy for Maddie. Could be wrong, or too optimistic, but that's what I'm thinking now.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread