Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 10:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Melrose Place S&S #4: Because It's As Scandalous As Ever!

Here comes the neighborhood!
With Smallville producers Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer now
officially installed as showrunners, The CW at last has revealed who'll be moving into its
remodeled Melrose Place next season. As you'd imagine, there are some familiar types among the
tenants.

TUESDAYS
9:00-10:00 P.M.
“MELROSE PLACE” (New Series)

In an elegant Spanish-style apartment building in the trendy Melrose neighborhood of Los
Angeles, a diverse group of 20-somethings have formed a close-knit surrogate family.
Sydney Andrews (Laura Leighton, the original “Melrose Place”) is the landlady, still
beautiful at 40, and a central figure in the lives of all her tenants, especially handsome
and rebellious David Breck (Shaun Sipos, “Shark”). Sydney started an affair with David
despite her turbulent history with his estranged father, Dr. Michael Mancini (Thomas
Calabro, the original “Melrose Place”). Both father and son learned through experience
that Sydney was not above using blackmail to control people. Another tenant, high
powered publicist Ella Simms (Katie Cassidy, “Supernatural”), once considered Sydney
her mentor, but their friendship was destroyed by betrayal, and Sydney threatened to
evict Ella and ruin her career. Sydney also played a pivotal role in the career of Auggie
Kirkpatrick (Colin Egglesfield, “All My Children”). After they met at an AA meeting, she
became Auggie’s sponsor and encouraged his dream to become a chef. Now a successful
sous chef at the trendy restaurant Coal, Auggie has been avoiding Sydney since she
began drinking again. The other tenants include Lauren Yung (Stephanie Jacobsen,
“Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles”), a medical student in desperate need of
money to pay her student loans, and Jonah Miller (Michael Rady, “Swingtown”), an
aspiring filmmaker who has just proposed to his live-in girlfriend Riley Richmond (Jessica
Lucas, “Cloverfield”), a first-grade teacher. The newest tenant, 18-year-old Violet Foster
(Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, “7th Heaven”), has just arrived in LA with her own secret
connection to Sydney. When a bloody body is found floating in the courtyard pool, David
is the leading suspect. However, as the police are soon to discover, almost everyone
living at Melrose Place had a reason to want the deceased out of the way. An updated
version of the popular 1990s series, MELROSE PLACE is from CBS Television Studios with
executive producers Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer (“Smallville”). Oscar-winner Davis
Guggenheim (“An Inconvenient Truth”) is the director and executive producer of the pilot.

NEXT EPISODE: 1.08 - “Gower”

DAVID FEARS HE MAY HAVE KILLED SYDNEY — Riley (Jessica Lucas) helps Jonah (Michael Rady) film a wedding, but the two get into a big fight in the middle of the ceremony. Putting her relationship with Jonah first, Riley breaks off her friendship with Auggie (Colin Egglesfield), who doesn’t take the news very well. Ella (Katie Cassidy) discovers Lauren’s (Stephanie Jacobsen) expensive new clothing and lingerie plus a large envelope of cash and confronts her roommate about the late nights she’s been working. David (Shaun Sipos) fears he may be responsible for Sydney’s (Laura Leighton) death. Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Thomas Calabro also star. David Barrett directed the episode written by Caprice Crane

YouTube - Melrose Place #1.08 Promo (HQ)

1.09 - “Ocean”

THE POLICE ARREST AUGGIE FOR MURDER — After learning Auggie’s (Colin Egglesfield) blood was on Sydney’s (Laura Leighton) murder weapon, the police search his apartment and demand the other residents tell them where he went. Riley (Jessica Lucas) is conflicted about whether to help the police, but Jonah (Michael Rady) pushes her to make the call as she knows where Auggie is staying. Meanwhile, a work incident causes Jonah to pretend he’s engaged to Ella (Katie Cassidy) who really gets into the role playing. David (Shaun Sipos) arranges a secret play date with his little brother Noah (guest star Cameron Castaneda) but after the little boy hurts himself, Lauren (Stephanie Jacobsen) must come to the rescue and risk the wrath of Dr. Mancini (Thomas Calabro). Ashlee Simspon-Wentz also stars. Liz Friedlander directed the episode written by David Babcock

MELROSE PLACE OFFICIAL PROMO:

YouTube - Melrose Place Official Promo The CW

SNEAK PEEKS:

YouTube - Melrose Place Webclip - Windsor

YouTube - Melrose Place Webclip 2 - Windsor

Last edited by bigtimefan; 10-23-2009 at 02:09 PM
Old 09-26-2009, 10:40 PM
Loyal Fan

Here comes the neighborhood!
With Smallville producers Todd Slavkin and Darren Swimmer now
officially installed as showrunners, The CW at last has revealed who'll be moving into its
remodeled Melrose Place next season. (Well, they've revealed the characters at least; the
roles have yet to be cast.) As you'd imagine, there are some familiar types among the
tenants.

Wanna meet 'em? Come on!

The new Jake and Amanda are... David Patterson (Shaun Sipos) and Ella Flynn (Katie Cassidy).

He's Melrose
royalty, the now-grown son of the original Jake, with the taut abs and thick black book to
prove it. She's his omnisexual sometime lover, a PR whiz whose tongue is as sharp as her
stilettos.

The new Billy and Allison are... Jonah Miller (Michael Rady) and Riley Richmond (Jessica Lucas).

He's a Kevin
Smith wannabe whose obsession with his movies is unlikely to give him a happy ending
with his sickly-sweet schoolteacher fiancee -- especially when she takes a shine to the
glamorous life he loathes.

The new Matt is... Auggie Kirkpatrick (Colin Egglesfield).

A hunky hippie, this recovering alcoholic is
willing to give everybody the benefit of the doubt. No word on whether the word sucker
will be tattooed on Debbie Downer's forehead, but come on…

The new Jane is... Lauren Bishop. (Stephanie Jacobsen)

Sort of an anti-Michael, this straight-arrow med
student falls on such hard times that she's forced to pull a Sydney and trade sexual
favors for financial ones.

The new Sydney is... Violet Foster (Ashlee Simpson-Wentz).

Though she's fresh off the turnip truck, this
small-town teen already has a worldly-wise m.o.: play the sex kitten till you're ready to
bare your claws.

So what do you think? Are you interested in seeing Melrose Place renovated? Or should
this property have remained condemned? I'm thinking Scott Porter and Amanda Seyfried
as David and Ella. Got any better ideas? (Additional reporting by Andy Patrick)

Melrose Place Spinoff Pilot Details and Casting News:

- The show will focus on people in their 20's all in their first or second jobs.
- The drama will be as heightened as the original but a bit more realistic.
- The show will capture really Los Angeles.

Any scoop on Melrose?
Someone's gonna die! It's a big character and a big death. So big that I can't even tell you male or female or how or when or why. Well, I guess I can say that it'll happen—wait for it—sometime this season! I know, I know. I am nothing if not a giver of the most intricate details! This death is tied to a bigger storyline as well, so I'm under lock and key on this one so I don't ruin the whole season. Are you guys digging Melrose, BTW? So far it has exceeded my expectations.

Anything juicy on Melrose? I love watching it on the weekends with my mom!
Melrose Place's morally mixed-up Lauren (Stephanie Jacobsen) might be getting a boyfriend. Producers are looking to cast a hot young resident named Gavin who meets Lauren at the hospital. Gavin's going to start as a guest star, but he might become a series regular, which leads us to suspect that he falls in love with Lauren, a situation that would no doubt complicate her hooker gig enormously.

Colin Egglesfield (Auggie) and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz (Violet) will not return after episode 12

HEATHER LOCKLEAR WILL RETURN AS AMANDA ON NOVEMBER 17th FOR MULTIPLE EPISODES

More here

'Melrose' scoop: New details on Heather Locklear's return! | Ausiello | EW.com
Melrose Place First Look: Burning Questions Answered - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com (TV Guide)
MAJOR spoiler alert: 'Melrose' twist revealed! | Melrose Place | Ausiello Files | EW.com (Ausiello Files)
Bisexuality Examiner: TV gets a bi character on CW's new 'Melrose Place' (Examiner.com)

Promos & Clips:
YouTube - Melrose Place 2.0 Trailer 1
YouTube - Melrose Place Preview Clips

Last edited by bigtimefan; 10-23-2009 at 02:18 PM
Old 09-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Loyal Fan

Post away.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, naked thread.

Quote:
I agree, there's nothing to Jonah like there is the rest. He just seems to be the object of affection in a seriously boring triangle.
Yet. There's nothing to him yet, which is why I don't like him. Who knows, that could change, though it probably won't. It's not like I'm writing the kid off for the rest of the show, I'm just saying from what I've been shown, I don't like him.

But anyways, new topic. What is this week's episode about? The previews never explain anything.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Elite Fan

Are there episode descriptions somewhere? There has to be some.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Wow, naked thread.
What do you mean? The OP?
Old 09-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Elite Fan

"MELROSE PLACE" (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET)

"Vine" (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

ORIGINAL CAST MEMBER JOSIE BISSETT REPRISES HER ROLE AS JANE ANDREWS MANCINI Jane Mancini (guest star Josie Bissett), Sydney's (Laura Leighton) sister, comes to Melrose Place and announces that she inherited the building from Sydney. Jane threatens to show incriminating emails Ella (Katie Cassidy) sent to Syndey to the police unless Ella allows her to dress one of her up-and-coming clients for a movie premiere in a Jane Mancini original design. Desperate, Ella turns to David (Shaun Sipos) for help. Detective Rodriguez (guest star Nicholas Gonzalez) shows up at Violet's (Ashlee Simpson-Wentz) apartment asking questions about her connection to Sydney, but she flees though the window. Lauren (Stephanie Jacobsen) meets a John (guest star Sam Page) at the hotel bar after being stood up by Toby (guest star Adam Kaufman) and decides to take her new side job to the next level. However, upon leaving the hotel, Lauren is stopped by Wendi (guest star Kelly Carlson, "Nip/Tuck"), a madam who has a deal with the hotel, who threatens Lauren if she ever sees her in there again. Fred Toye directed the episode written by Daniel Thomsen Dries (#103).
Old 09-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I added it to the OP. I think there's an error in the epiode # listed at the end of the description. The upcoming episode is 1.04 not 1.03.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:26 AM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT. Can't wait till Tuesday's episode.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Elite Fan

I know it looks like Riley and Jonah are getting seriously freaked out by Violet...

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 09-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't blame them, LOL. She's one creepy character!
Old 09-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Passionate Fan

So Lauren is going to become a full fledge hooker? I really liked her before I still like her now just wish she wasnt selling herself
Old 09-27-2009, 09:39 AM
Elite Fan

I do like Lauren and I think her storyline is interesting and I myself am wondering where its exactly leading to, but at the same time whenever they talk about her needing money I always think "Why doesn't she get a loan at a bank or something for the cost of tuition and then pay the bank back when she graduates?"
Old 09-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roswellcharmed_2000 (View Post)
I do like Lauren and I think her storyline is interesting and I myself am wondering where its exactly leading to, but at the same time whenever they talk about her needing money I always think "Why doesn't she get a loan at a bank or something for the cost of tuition and then pay the bank back when she graduates?"
Well it is possible that she just doesnt have the credit for it and with her dad being laid off, she probably wouldnt be able to use him as a co-signer.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
Well it is possible that she just doesnt have the credit for it and with her dad being laid off, she probably wouldnt be able to use him as a co-signer.
That's true. I know its a TV show and its Melrose Place so its more sensationalized and all that but that little thought always bugs me.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread