Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2004, 12:13 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Slayerfan714:
<STRONG>

It's not? Hehe. Just kidding..overly obsessed here. Nab I like your specs.

A)Yeah will probably happen
B)Possible, I mean even Luke could see that they had an "intense" relationship
C)I can't see him doing the breaking up

I have to think positively, that this will make Joan not take Adam for granted, and really awaken her feelings for him and she'll realize that she loves him. And then Iris can go live with pinatas somewhere [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hmmm a Luke/Friedman/Glynis triangle? I could see this, even though Friedman's an asshat they do give him funny lines. Hehe. I really want them to develop more about Grace also. I think it would be really funny if Grace has like her room painted pink and has all girly stuff there. I think Kevin should go to college also, it would be interesting. Will facing off against the mayor? Hell's yeah. :ponders: why are the mayors of these places always evil? I think someone might have mentioned it here, or maybe Im thinking of another board but Will running for mayor would be interesting. As for Helen I'm glad she's going to get back into her art, she seemed very talented. Okay well, enough rambling for one night.</STRONG>

Go live with pinatas somewhere? [img]smilies/spank.gif[/img] That's so mean, but so [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I could see a Luke/Friedman/Glynis triangle, because it seems like Friedman might have a little crush on Glynis and we all know Glynis has a crush on Luke. Yet, Luke has a thing for Grace. So, wouldn't that be a love square? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Hm, maybe the L/Gy kiss will make Grace confront her feelings (if she really has any romantic feelings, which she does) for Luke. However, something tells me we'll get no high school couples this seasons.

I'd like to see Kevin go back to school, even part time. I just want the guy to be happy.

And Will has mayor? I'd vote for him. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Helen would make a great mayor's wife.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Kevin receives pointers about maintaining a sex life, while Luke acts resentful of his older brother's returning confidence.
Yay! I love K/L. **chants**PG show, PG show, no Kevin!sex. Esp. not with Rebecca. I will gouge my eyes out.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 02-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

Damn yahoo tv, still no episode 15 info. =(. I too have been wracking my brain for actresses who can play the iceberg/she-devil. Whatever happens between Iris/Adam I just hope there is not yet another Joan/Adam falling out, my shipper heart can not take another one. Anyway I have faith in BH and her writing staff, whatever they come up with I'm sure it will be great. Gah, I really wish we had some more spoilers. Oh well, really can't wait for SOG, more Grace! Woo-hoo, 123 hours, [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] .
Old 02-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I really don't think Joan and Adam will have another falling out.

Old 02-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Extreme Fan

Pinatas? Grace actually owning something pink? [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] I can see that...

Hmm... a Grace/Luke/Glynis/Friedman quadrangle(sp?)... I like that! Though, I still imagine a more Chasing Amy scenerio b/c Friedman is so like Banky! Harping on Luke about Grace out of inner turmoil/jealousy that Grace is gonna steal Luke from him! [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Just a thought... Plus, I think that it's mad sweet in having not just two girls, but three people wanting Luke Giradi. Giving him all this attention. This kid that is mostly "ignored" by his family. Luke, babe, you da man!

Joan/Adam having a falling out... I guess it depends on how the fall out would occur and when they'll kiss and make-up. If the fall out is the result of iceberg... er, I mean Iris... well, I guess we'll see out it plays out.

Slayerfan, I'm still putting my brain into overdrive w/ possible actresses! Just finished watching SK's Rose Red and thought that Kimberly J. Brown should be around the same age as Chris & Amber...

Here are my possible "Iris's": Kimberly J. Brown, Christy Romano, Margo (Chris's ex) *cant' remember her last name*, that actress that played Dawn on Buffy, Emily Perkins... alright, I'm stretching it on the Buffy/Dawn front but you never know!

Though I'll be especially relieved if the actress is an unknown. B/c I actually like the actresses I've named so I can avoid being in the whole "like the actress but hate the character" situation.

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by iowahawx:
<STRONG> BH has already said they have the rest of the season mapped out.
</STRONG>
Man I would LOVE that map!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nab:
<STRONG>I also think that Joan will be forced to help Iris with something. I wonder if Grace likes Iris?</STRONG>
Although someone mentioned that comment Grace makes about A/I (gosh i hate that idea!), I just have this feeling that Grace doesnt like her. I have no idea what it is maybe just my suspicisions.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater Gal:
<STRONG>Pinatas? Grace actually owning something pink? [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] I can see that...

Slayerfan, I'm still putting my brain into overdrive w/ possible actresses! Just finished watching SK's Rose Red and thought that Kimberly J. Brown should be around the same age as Chris & Amber...

Here are my possible "Iris's": Kimberly J. Brown, Christy Romano, Margo (Chris's ex) *cant' remember her last name*, that actress that played Dawn on Buffy, Emily Perkins... alright, I'm stretching it on the Buffy/Dawn front but you never know!

</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] a pink bedroom hehe. I could see that because you could develop why Grace has a public persona because it seems like what she is ultimately against- two faceness - she seems to be about herself.

I could handle Kimberly but no matter what colour hair, I really dont see her as the Iris that is described in the spoilers.
I just dont see Christy Romano doing - too big and too bust concentrating on music stuff.
No idea who Margo is, although if she's Chris' ex, she must be dumb and therefore doesnt deserve the role
Dawn (Michelle Trachtenberg) same as Kimberly and also too big.
Emily Perkins, once again no idea who that is...

Useless snippet of info - doubt though its the reason why we have no idea who plays Iris but production was stopped on JoA on the 22 and it started on the 26th because Amber lost her voice.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater Gal:
<STRONG>Here are my possible "Iris's": Kimberly J. Brown, Christy Romano, Margo (Chris's ex) *cant' remember her last name*, that actress that played Dawn on Buffy, Emily Perkins... alright, I'm stretching it on the Buffy/Dawn front but you never know!
.</STRONG>
Don't know the first one, Christy maybe, don't know if I could see her as dark though. Margo's on the WB's
Run of the House along with Joey Lawrence...no comment. Oh man Michelle Trachetenburg?I don't think I could stand her, Buffy turned me off to her completely, her character was so whiny...ugh. And I don't know Emily Perkins. I too would rather have someone unknown, but I like your pics. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Interesting tidbit from Tv tome about "Night Without Stars."
Joan's newest mission from God is to work with kids, so she volunteers to help babysit children of abused mothers. Joan becomes jealous when Adam falls for one of the volunteers. Kevin starts to get cocky again and sleeps with his girlfriend, Rebecca.

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] on the last part!
Harry/Ginny
Hermione/Ron
Old 02-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Elizajoey, thanks for the "useless snippet" that isn't so useless... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for the "Who is Emily Perkins?" Uh... well, anyone seen the TV movie Stephen King's IT? She was that young girl... gah, forgot the character name, but she was the only girl among the young cast of guys. She was also in Ginger Snaps (w/ KrisL) and she played one of the outcast sisters, Bridgette. She was also in various TV shows... I just "casted" her b/c she kinda had this "probably wouldn't give her a second thought unless she did something to catch your eye" appeal. Thus... Iris...

*beginning of rant*

These people are intent on making us wait! I can be patient... I just don't want to [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] Gah, what is the big surprise? Yeah... okay, maybe they are protecting her... *shrug* I just thought that by now we'd know. Though, if news doesn't come out by this Friday, I'll be very very... impatient.

*end of rant*

Heh, then again, I should trust the casting directors considering that... well, they recognized Chris Marquette's talent enough to cast him as Adam [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Old 02-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
As for the "Who is Emily Perkins?" Uh... well, anyone seen the TV movie Stephen King's IT? She was that young girl... gah, forgot the character name, but she was the only girl among the young cast of guys. She was also in Ginger Snaps (w/ KrisL) and she played one of the outcast sisters, Bridgette. She was also in various TV shows... I just "casted" her b/c she kinda had this "probably wouldn't give her a second thought unless she did something to catch your eye" appeal.[/qb]
Ginger Snaps, yay. Sorry, favorite movie. I can't see Emily Perkins as the evil one. For some reson I keep seeing her as this evil blond girl with a knife pointed at Joan..

Also, did you guys get next weeks TV guide yet? There was a side picture add for Night Without Stars. I'd scan it, but my scanners broken. Anyway, it showed a picture of Joan, holding a heart necklace looking really depressed and the caption read "Will God's request cause Joan's first broken heart?"

[ 02-02-2004: Message edited Payton Tyler ]
Old 02-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Payton Tyler:
<STRONG>Also, did you guys get next weeks TV guide yet? There was a side picture add for Night Without Stars. I'd scan it, but my scanners broken. Anyway, it showed a picture of Joan, holding a heart necklace looking really depressed and the caption read "Will God's request cause Joan's first broken heart?"</STRONG>
Joan's first [img]smilies/broken_heart.gif[/img]? [img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] Damn you Hall!!!! [img]smilies/cry.gif[/img] Why isn't it Weds. yet? (That's when I usually get my tv guide) Thank you for the tidbit though Payton. Man, now I'm really going to hate Iris..

ETA: I found the cast list!!

Cast: Joe Mantegna, Mary Steenburgen, Amber Tamblyn, Michael Welch, Jason Ritter, Russ Tamblyn, Christopher George Marquette, Becky Wahlstrom, April Grace, Derek Morgan, Aaron Himelstein, Mageina Tovah, Greg McClure, Baadja-Lyne Odums, Misti Traya, Damien Midkiff, Mitch Longley, Elaine Hendrix, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Juliette Goglia

I think it's probably Misti Traya, although I can't find anything on her, but the Baadja-Lyne person is older so I'm thinking that's Kevin's girl..okay well..if anyone can find information on her.

[ 02-02-2004: Message edited Slayerfan714 ]
Old 02-02-2004, 10:09 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Joan's first heartbreak? Darn that Iris, darn her to heck! And darn Adam for falling for her iceberg charm! He's supposed to bw waiting for Joan, not dating girls.

As for Kevin, is it sad of me to say-Go Kevin!

Old 02-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Yay! Thank you Slayerfan!

From Google, Baadja-Lyne is Cafeteria Woman God from the first eppy.

So I'm betting it's Misti Traya as well, just based on the fact that I can't find anything on her [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Chickie ~:
<STRONG>Yay! Thank you Slayerfan!

From Google, Baadja-Lyne is Cafeteria Woman God from the first eppy.

So I'm betting it's Misti Traya as well, just based on the fact that I can't find anything on her [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
So, Iris may be an unknown? I'm having trouble deciding if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Old 02-03-2004, 03:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Payton Tyler, thanks for the TVGuide info [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Joan's first heart break? As sad as I am for Joan, I can't wait to watch Amber perform... Amber rocks, yo!

Oh, remember in DBNW, Joan mentioned that, while Adam hated November, Joan hated February... is it a coincidence that Nw/oS is airing the day before VDay?

Oi vey... can you imagine the posts that'll pop up on the JoA board concerning iceberg... er, Iris? An anti-Iris thread following close by too... *counts down*

I also had a thought concerning this coming SoG episode. Had it at work so it's pretty... uh, good? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Anyway, on the Adam subplot, it's also connected to Helen's too, right? I mean, this is the episode where Helen is considering taking the art teacher's place after said teacher leaves because of the new security system. It also mentioned in the synopsis that Adam is going back to his art (like he could ever stay away [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]) and will need a new mentor - enter Helen.

Okay, the point of this is: do you think that they might show scenes of Adam's art class? And doesn't Adam mention to Iris in Nw/oS that she was in his art class? Do you think that in SoG we just might get a little preview of her?

Just a little speculation I had...

Oh, and Slayerfan, thank you for the cast list! [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] And yes, probably like most of you, I did do a yahoo, google, and or imdb.com search on most of the female cast list (w/ exception of Amber & company)... and could not find anything on this Misti Traya.

Nab, I know what you mean about her being an unknown. I mean, for me, she'll either be a really good actress, thus good enough for us to not like Iris yet admire the actress... or she might be a horrible actress that'll probably make me demand a recast of Iris so that I can't hate her anymore than I possibly could. *nods* If that made sense!

Oh! Can't wait to see Caferteria lady (God) [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] I'm loving how they are now having a lot of recurring personas... gotta give props to Hall for that [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread