Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sweetwater Gal, no problem. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I've got to get back to the board more often.

And adorable and hilarious avie you have! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2004, 08:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Well... in that case... I say not only bring "Iris" on, but let's also throw in the season cliffhanger where just as Joan sadly watches Adam walking hand-in-hand w/ Iris off into the sunset, a young man, that looks suspiciously like CBG, walks up to her, asks why she looks so sad and introduces himself to Joan as "Chris".... and though Joan thinks that that it's really CBG playin a joke on her, she (and we) look beyond this "Chris" guy and see little girl (God) wave a "Hello" at Joan.
Now wouldn't that be a cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers?
I must be in the minority here but I'm not crazy over cute god. I want Joan&Adam together and if we have to endure Iris&Adam, I might be ok with Joan finally having some fun in a boyfriend but not KL. I'm just not into that. I'm just going to retract my earlier statement about not being into Chad Brannon guesting cause of my J&A love. If we have to have temp road blocks he would be the best for a few episodes.

Anyone know what happens with Grace and Joan next week? The previews look interesting. Hope they are ok and I kinda of agree with Joan when she says Grace's idea of freedom is just agreeing with Grace. Also I'm going to guess that while Joan and Grace are arguing the stuttering kid finds his voice.

Also any idea what Helen/Joan argue with Adam/Joan with in the episode after NWS and what the outcome is?

[ 01-30-2004: Message edited Brenda Corinthos ]
Oliver&Felicity,Andy&April,Neal&Emma,Doug&Carol,Josh&Donna,Hatter&Alice(Syfy),Will&April-Definitely,Maybe.Han&Leia,Logan&Veronica, Zane&Jo,Shawn&Juliet,Vaughn&Syd,Luke&Lorelai,Leo/Piper/Chris,Tate/Bo,Baze/Lux,Walter/Peter,Gus/Shawn/Henry.Jinks/Claudia/Artie/Pete/Myka
Old 01-31-2004, 12:15 AM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Still no word on Iris' actress? Maybe we'll see her in the preview next week.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 01-31-2004, 01:54 AM
Extreme Fan

BuffyandAngel4ever05, hehe.. uh, there sorta is a fanfic of that scenerio... I don't have the link right now, but if you go to fanfiction.net, check out the JoA section and look for the title The OTHER Cute Boy by Sweetwater Gal... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Yeah, that's me. Call it me being not only bored, but needing to purge my ever growin' Kris love.

Slayerfan, I refuse to think of the good yellow ship J/A as the Titanic... it's something a lot stronger and I think the "iceberg" is so much more fragile than the iceberg that sunk the Titanic. Oh! And I saw your review @ ff.net! Thank you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] That fanfic was where I got inspired to refer to "Iris" as "iceberg" when CBG told Joan that "art girl" was just the "tip of the iceberg".

Nab, [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] That "run her over" comment is soo not good, but I couldn't stop giggling when I read that! That could be the very reason why no word has come up. But they can't hide the actress any longer, yo... after State of Grace is... Night without Stars!

Hmmm... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Y'know, I just thought of something. What if the title of NWS is a play on word thing? I mean, okay, as far as guest stars go: cha, Russ Tamblyn! Not to mention they mention "White Stripes"... what if the actress that plays Iris is a really known young actress? Thus the episode "Night w/o stars" actually has "stars". [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Okay, I'm stupid for this show that my speculating has gone mad.

Wildfire Girl, you should post on the board. I'm going to do so after this [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And thanks... I just love to stare at it and let my mad UC shipper mind go nuts [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/bawl.gif[/img] I'm straight up mad yo (not crazy mad but upset mad) b/c someone in my family forgot to turn off the VCR so that it can record tonight's episode.

[img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] I guess I'll have to keep an eye out on the Eye Network to see the preview.

Alright, all "Iris" debate aside (b/c once she comes on, they'll be a boat load of that...) I'm looking forward to seeing the season finale. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Speculating here: But as morbid (and as predictable) as it sounds... I'm hoping that the finale has Joan really at a crisis of faith, especially as someone very close to her gets hurt. I mean, check this scenerio out:

(coining Adam Rove) Headline: The episode starts out pretty normal, Joan encounters God and she's all "same ol' same ol' let's get this over with what do I have to do?" And God gives her a pretty simple "suggestion", which Joan is once again confused over and kinda whines about. But Joan is in a good mood b/c things are all right in the world. Then through some course of events, something happens which ultimately causes the one person that Joan cares about (take your pick; Luke, Grace, Adam, Kevin, her parents) to get seriously hurt. Joan freaks out and for some reason, thinks that she was the catalyst that lead to this.

She's in emotional pain, she's hurt, she's confused, and most of all... she's angry and looking to not only blame herself, but also one of mankind's (IMO) easiest scapegoat: God.

Final scene, at the hospital, Joan is in the waiting room and she looks up and sees the first persona that God truly encountered her with: CBG. Joan seems Him looking at her and she lashes out at Him. She asks Him how could this have happened, why didn't you try to prevent it? why didn't you get me to prevent this? what kind of instrument of God am I? And finally, despite anything God tells her, Joan doesn't want to hear it and looks at Him cold and says (along the lines of): "No more. I'm done. Go find someone else to run your errands. I'm through listening to you. I'm through with you period." And walks away from Him as He just stands there, watching her go. Ends with Joan crying and exiting through the hospital doors.

Okay... this scenerio sounded better in my head, but oh my CBGawd, I'd honestly be on the edge of my seat with this one.

Or... maybe an encoure performance of "Jump" [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Either way, I trust the writers and BHall enough to probably get the best season finale they can give us *nods*

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited Sweetwater Gal ]

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Brenda Corinthos:
<STRONG>

I must be in the minority here but I'm not crazy over cute god. I want Joan&Adam together and if we have to endure Iris&Adam, I might be ok with Joan finally having some fun in a boyfriend but not KL. I'm just not into that. I'm just going to retract my earlier statement about not being into Chad Brannon guesting cause of my J&A love. If we have to have temp road blocks he would be the best for a few episodes.
[ 01-30-2004: Message edited Brenda Corinthos ]</STRONG>
~*Me too. No offense to anyone because everyone has the right to ship who they want but the idea of a CBG & Joan ship just kinda icks me out. As for a different boyfriend for a short time I too would rather have it be Chad Brannon. Just make sure it is not for very long! I want J&A!
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~*LoVe,GeekLove,Pacey&Joey,Carly&Jason,Brooke&Mouth,
Betty&Daniel,George&Izzie,Lyla&Jason,Spuffy,Bones&Boothe, Team Karen
Craig&Ashley's hallway scene The Ghost in the Machine Marco&Dylan's kiss King Of Pain Ending scene Butterflied
Old 01-31-2004, 10:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
~*Me too. No offense to anyone because everyone has the right to ship who they want but the idea of a CBG & Joan ship just kinda icks me out. As for a different boyfriend for a short time I too would rather have it be Chad Brannon. Just make sure it is not for very long! I want J&A!
Right. I mean no offense to KL or CBG&Joan fans. I'm just not into that. I want J&A and would be more open minded to Chad in a very short guest stint as a temp love interest.

Also for the season finale, I keep thinking the mayor or something is going to cause trouble. Will can't just take down the city without their being repercussions and a few times now when a JOA character is watching the news, the mayor is always being mentioned and saying something to discredit Will.
Oliver&Felicity,Andy&April,Neal&Emma,Doug&Carol,Josh&Donna,Hatter&Alice(Syfy),Will&April-Definitely,Maybe.Han&Leia,Logan&Veronica, Zane&Jo,Shawn&Juliet,Vaughn&Syd,Luke&Lorelai,Leo/Piper/Chris,Tate/Bo,Baze/Lux,Walter/Peter,Gus/Shawn/Henry.Jinks/Claudia/Artie/Pete/Myka
Old 01-31-2004, 02:04 PM
Elite Fan

Sweetwater Gal-You're welcome. That fanfic was great, really. Hehe CBG playing a guitar-yum. Anyway I like your scenario, I was thinking the same thing about having Joan say something like "I don't want to do it anymore," to God. It would make for a good season finale. As for NWS I interpreted as Joan doesn't get to see the White Stripes therefore for her, it is a night w/o stars...ah [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] just rambling. As for the preview CBS has the episode description up and there is a video but its not the preview its just one of those "See why JOA is the best new show of the season," or something like that. But I'm sure the preview will go up. It looked goood is all I can say. Gah, I need to know who's playing Iris. Driving me mad yo! Four straight weeks of JOA!!!! Only another 149 hours till SOG...yeah yeah I'm a loser. Oh well.
Old 01-31-2004, 04:16 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Slayerfan--Right there with ya, buddy.

Sweetwater-Yeah, it was wrong, but it was funny. And it is something I could see happening. CBS is just trying to protect the poor girl.

Old 01-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

I see the season finale as something big. Either Joan says she won't do God's errands anymore, God gets angry with Joan for something and stops coming to see her, or God asks Joan to do something huge, i.e. runaway and Joan does it or doesn't do it, with a cliffhanger of what will happen.

Old 01-31-2004, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Is it just me or is the lid on the next few episodes "tighter than the Pentagon"? Other than what we've learned the last few weeks? Not much has come out lately, not the least of which is who is going to play Iris Myandowski, the hand-walking queer.

(Now that's not a slur, it's a quote from "Beaches" for all you youngsters. Also the "Pentagon" quote is from probably the 2nd best made-for-HBO film ever: And the Band Played On.)

At some point, I fully expect that Joan will not follow God's orders and something bad happens...or almost happens. It might not be in the season finale, it could be. Don't know but I am excited to see what the writers come up with. BH has already said they have the rest of the season mapped out.

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited iowahawx ]
Old 01-31-2004, 05:36 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by iowahawx:
<STRONG>Is it just me or is the lid on the next few episodes "tighter than the Pentagon"? Other than what we've learned the last few weeks? Not much has come out lately, not the least of which is who is going to play Iris Myandowski, the hand-walking queer.

(Now that's not a slur, it's a quote from "Beaches" for all you youngsters. Also the "Pentagon" quote is from probably the 2nd best made-for-HBO film ever: And the Band Played On.)

At some point, I fully expect that Joan will not follow God's orders and something bad happens...or almost happens. It might not be in the season finale, it could be. Don't know but I am excited to see what the writers come up with. BH has already said they have the rest of the season mapped out.

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited iowahawx ]</STRONG>
You are not alone in thinking this. The spoilers just aren't coming anymore. It might be because we are coming toward the end of the season and they are trying to keep in all hush-hush.

Old 01-31-2004, 06:51 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] oh no, they've caught onto us! Hehe jk. I think Nab is probably right about the end of the season a coming and them keeping it hush-hush. Oh well, we can always speculate. Which is pretty much what we're doing now so, keep on!
Old 01-31-2004, 11:38 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Ok, thought about this in the tub, cause that is where I think. Iris is in at least three episodes and is Adam's (semi-)girlfriend by her second episode. I have this thought that by her fourth episode she will:

A) Ask Adam not to see Joan, based on the fact that Adam calls Joan Jane and has a very large fondess for her.

B) Be cool and tell Adam to "Go to Joan." or something less corny.

C)Be all weird about Adam and kind of force his hand and he'll be "You are uncool and weird." And he'll dump her.

I also think that Joan will be forced to help Iris with something. I wonder if Grace likes Iris?

Old 01-31-2004, 11:56 PM
Extreme Fan

*rubs hands together in anticipation* Oohh... there's another conspiracy brewing in Arcadia...

Slayerfan, I third the sentiment about not knowing whose playing Iris. Mad crazy, yo. I've even run down possible actresses that could be her... mostly former Disney channel stars though [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Nab, I do my best thinking at work for some strange reason... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Anyway, I think Grace likes Iris enough to make that comment about Rove and Iris having emotional something (unstable?) babies by graduation. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I can't wait to hear her say that!

And those scenerios:
A) That one is most likely... I can see that.
B) If she does, I'll gladly welcome her to Arcadia [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
C) I think Adam's too sweet or too, well... Adam to dump her. Which just sucks [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Hmm... Do you think that bringing in Iris really is used as a plot device? Like a real smoke screen? Like... again, Joan coming into this harsh crossroads w/ God all because of this one event. Whatif this one event has to do with Iris, thus having to do with Adam?

I mean, here most of us (probably majority but I could be wrong *shrugs*) are more than willing to suck it up and tolerate the character of Iris in the hopes that it's temporary and that she leaves, thus leaving Adam and Joan to ride off into the yellow boat sunset. Lovely scenerio, huh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I mean, w/ Iris around not only would Adam have "grown" and gained some experience (b/c let's face it, compared to Joan, b/c with Adam's "sheltered" life, he's not like most teens), but it could help bring A/J together.

Well, what if it takes a more interesting turn where Iris does leave, but... it's complicated? I honestly don't wish anyone harm or even death, but what if it came to that? Think of the wedge it'll place between Adam and Joan? Not to mention Joan & God b/c she might blame herself and God for what has happened.

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Y'know, all this grand speculating might be for naught b/c it might not be so complicated once it airs! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But CBGawd help me, I can't help myself!

Hmm... and since this isn't the Joan/Adam show... other characters?

Brenda Corinthos, I like your idea about Will and the mayor facing off! Something major will have to go down because Will isn't the chief anymore, right? Isn't Undersheriff Roebuck(sp?) Will's supervisor now?

I really want Kevin to go back to college. I mean, if he's seriously going to have a writing/journalism career... hopefully at the urging of Rebecca, he finally makes that decision.

Grace... y'know, I really want them to bring back her father, the rabbi. Heh... Was it posted somewhere that he'll be back in SoG? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

I mean, we have the priest and the rabbi... [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] Sorry, couldn't help myself there... byegones.

Luke! Hey... is it wrong to want a sorta "Chasing Amy" deal between Luke/Grace/Friedman? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

And Helen? I love Helen... she needs happiness... so even though a part of me would like to see something bad happen just for Joan to "turn her back on God"... the part of me that wants Helen for a mother hopes her family is safe. Plus, I can't wait to see Helen the art teacher [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater Gal:
<STRONG>Hmm... and since this isn't the Joan/Adam show...
</STRONG>
It's not? Hehe. Just kidding..overly obsessed here. Nab I like your specs.

A)Yeah will probably happen
B)Possible, I mean even Luke could see that they had an "intense" relationship
C)I can't see him doing the breaking up

I have to think positively, that this will make Joan not take Adam for granted, and really awaken her feelings for him and she'll realize that she loves him. And then Iris can go live with pinatas somewhere [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Hmmm a Luke/Friedman/Glynis triangle? I could see this, even though Friedman's an asshat they do give him funny lines. Hehe. I really want them to develop more about Grace also. I think it would be really funny if Grace has like her room painted pink and has all girly stuff there. I think Kevin should go to college also, it would be interesting. Will facing off against the mayor? Hell's yeah. :ponders: why are the mayors of these places always evil? I think someone might have mentioned it here, or maybe Im thinking of another board but Will running for mayor would be interesting. As for Helen I'm glad she's going to get back into her art, she seemed very talented. Okay well, enough rambling for one night.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread