Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 03:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Maybe Iris sounds like a cupie doll ::shudder::

Lisa
Old 01-27-2004, 03:44 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

So, Iris either has a tiny voice or maybe she talks to Adam in a baby voice. Eww and major shiver.

Humor is an affirmation of dignity.
Old 01-27-2004, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

~ Chickie ~- I was wondering where you found that bit of transcript at?
My LJ
Old 01-27-2004, 08:45 PM
New Fan

At least it sounds like that despite the presence of Iris, Adam and Joan are still friends and fine with each other. Grrr. . .Iris.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Yeah, at least Iris hasn't caused any strangeness between Adam and Joan. But, here is something I find strange:Adam was all about Joan and dating her. She says she's not ready, but wordlessly (through the asking to dance and the dance) shows that she really cares about Adam. Two episodes later, Adam is dating, semi-dating someone else. I don't know, I always pictured that Adam would wait for Joan. Guess he gets tired of it.

Old 01-27-2004, 10:31 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Just read on tvtome that Kevin and Rebecca have sex in the next couple of episodes. Wasn't Kevin supposed to go on a date with another girl? Does he sleep with Rebecca before or after that?

Old 01-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Rainstorm, I typed 'em up from the casting sides [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nab, no idea what's up w/Kevin and Rebecca. They're supposed to go on a date in Night Without Stars, yet in Ties That Bind, he's out with Michelle (who's only in town for one night, not a long term thing). From the screen direction, he does think about Rebecca but he and Michelle still kiss. In No Bad Guy, K&R are fighting because Kevin's omitted a story that Andy wrote because he gave Helen a bad review (she's put some of her artwork in a show) and then Rebecca holds back on a story of Kevin's.

And gah Iris. I have to find some hope in the situation because at least she's not plotting with Grace and Adam. You know, she's not following Adam 24/7.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ~ Chickie ~:
<STRONG>You know, she's not following Adam 24/7.</STRONG>
So there is a God! At least proof that there is... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

And I'm glad that Adam/Joan's friendship is still in tact and on good grounds. Maybe there is some good into keeping "outside" forces in. I mean, despite all the moaning and groaning, b*tching and complaining I'll most likely do when a certain character(s) come along... as long as Adam/Joan's relationship stay "bound" together... it's all good, yo. I guess it's a "Whatever doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" type deal.

Still no casting news yet? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Thank you for the ripples.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:42 PM
Loyal Fan

Description from Yahoo! TV
Quote:
"State of Grace", Episode #113.
Joan's partner on the debate team has a stutter; Will investigates a hate crime against a priest; Helen considers teaching art at the high school.

Cast: Joe Mantegna, Mary Steenburgen, Amber Tamblyn, Michael Welch, Jason Ritter, Christopher George Marquette, Becky Wahlstrom, Patrick Fabian, April Grace, Mageina Tovah, Aaron Himelstein, Sydney Tamiia Poitier, Elaine Hendrix, Walter Addison, Dan Byrd, Curtis Armstrong, Lindsay Hollister, Adam Richman, William Francis McGuire, Douglas Smith.
Director(s): Steve Gomer.
Producer(s): Barbara Hall, James Hayman.
Writer(s): Joshua Ravetch.
Overweight Student God - Lindsay Hollister (role changed from male to female)
Scott - Dan Byrd
Daniel Shoaler - Douglas Smith

Come on Yahoo, hurry it up with the next eppy...
Old 01-28-2004, 02:18 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that ~Chickie~. I know what you mean, I really want to know who's playing the she-devil, um, I mean Iris. No really, that was an accident. Hehe. Man this anticipation is killing me.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Chickie, thanks for the info [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Slayerfan714:
<STRONG> I really want to know who's playing the she-devil, um, I mean Iris. No really, that was an accident.</STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Oh man... why do I have a feeling that once Iris premieres on the show and the character comes off... well, not likeable, we might just have an anti-Iris thread on the JoA board?

And no matter how good an actress, this is probably a no win role for her! Especially for the die-hard J/A fans [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Is that why they haven't released any casting info yet? For fear of early hate mails? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Joan of Arcadia
Old 01-28-2004, 03:51 PM
Nab
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sweetwater Gal:
<STRONG>Chickie, thanks for the info [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Oh man... why do I have a feeling that once Iris premieres on the show and the character comes off... well, not likeable, we might just have an anti-Iris thread on the JoA board?

And no matter how good an actress, this is probably a no win role for her! Especially for the die-hard J/A fans [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Is that why they haven't released any casting info yet? For fear of early hate mails? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I already have a 'We Hate Iris' club all planned. From the spoilers, she seems somewhat whinny and unlikeable. The actress will have to be one hell of an actress for me to even like the character.

Old 01-28-2004, 10:54 PM
New Fan

There sort of is an anti-Iris thread on JoanofArcadia.com. It is called the Pity Party, you can find it under topic the series.

I was thinking and at least the girl Adam is interested in is named Iris. It could be worse and be Eve, like in the bible. Then I would be in even a worse mood about upcoming episodes. At least we know there will be another season, more time for Joan and Adam to get together!

-meny
Old 01-28-2004, 11:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Yeah, at least Iris hasn't caused any strangeness between Adam and Joan.
But I see their crutches in the hallway conversation stemming from some kind of 'conversation' about the I/A relationship. (Ugghh, leaves a bad taste in my mouth just to say it.) Sounds like they kind of have a dispute about it at some point, why else would Joan say that she's aware Adam is into this girl?

We don't have to know the actress to loathe the character already, do we? Hey, I am proud to admit I can hate something in the abstract.
Old 01-29-2004, 04:42 AM
Extreme Fan

*toys around w/ graphics to make "We Hate Iris" banners* [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Anyway... well, I don't know if this was discussed or brought up here. I was lurking through TWoP and they mentioned that Amber T herself might have leaked a little J/A spoiler unintentionally...

Anyone have the transcript or know what I might be talking about? It was during that GG E! Behind the scenes thing where they visited the JoA set. Where Amber explains who Chris is and his character and Adam/Joan's relationship.

How Adam was Joan's love interest... and even though he has a girlfriend, eventually they'll be back together finally or something to that extent.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone seen that and wasn't too distracted by Amber petting Chris's hair to notice what she was saying?

Ack, I still need a face, yo. Or else I'll just keep picturing this girl as an Asian version of Glynis. [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img] Don't ask me why, but I do!

Joan of Arcadia
Closed Thread   Post New Thread