Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread Tracie!
and when we get together
the summer never ends...
Old 06-19-2013, 08:09 AM
Extreme Fan

Are there any interviews with Rachel Bilson coming out soon does anyone know? Personally I'm disappointed she doesn't make more appearances. It's fairly bad form the that lead role of the show doesn't even come to the CW Upfronts...
Old 06-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples200 (View Post)
Are there any interviews with Rachel Bilson coming out soon does anyone know? Personally I'm disappointed she doesn't make more appearances. It's fairly bad form the that lead role of the show doesn't even come to the CW Upfronts...
Not every cast member is obligated to attend all events.
Rachel is usually the one who does the talk shows while the others attend events. So I don't think we're going to hear much from her on HoD until October before the show premieres.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Quote:
She was at Cannes during the upfronts.

But I will say. I would love to hear more from her.

And welcome, I'm Cathy.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 06-19-2013, 08:46 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
There aren't any interviews with her coming out soon that I'm aware of. There are still 2 more with Leila Gerstein (with Austin CW affiliate & E!) and another one with Wilson Bethel. The one with Wilson Bethel is supposed to be out this week with TV Fanatic.

The TCA's are in August so we may get something more from the rest of the cast members then. Olivia was right though, there aren't usually a lot of interviews with RB. Last season most of the interviews came from SP or LG with a couple from CW and JK.

-----------------------
Speaking of which here is the WB interview:

Wilson Bethel Talks Hart of Dixie, Breakfast Tacos and Upcoming Projects

Some things:
Looks like KB was made a regular.
Quote:
And you'll see with Kaitlyn Black's character, Annabeth, who this year is being made a series regular, it's awesome that the development of that character has become essential to the show and that Leila and the CW recognize that and made her part of the family like that.
Quote:
TV Fanatic: What would your hope be if you were kind of pulling the strings on Hart of Dixie Season 3. Would Wade finally get with Zoe for good or would you like to explore some other things?
Wilson Bethel: Who knows what's going on. This is a genuinely interesting place to be in the kind of in-betweens because basically what you're just waiting to see is the roughest outline. And they'll give it to us when they're good and ********** ready. [laughs] They'll give us a sense, a very vague sense of what the coming season holds, but until then I could come back and be a woman for all I know. Who knows!
Quote:
But I know better than to get too invested in any possibility until I actually see it on the page and then you're like okay, well, this is what we're doing. So I don’t know. I don’t know what Zoe's going to do. I don’t know what she's going to choose.

I mean, objectively, an interesting conundrum is that she has gone away to New York ostensibly with this potential new angle in the love, I don’t know, quadrangle, but Travis Van Winkle, who plays this other guy, is cast on another show. So objectively, and this is no spoiler, there's not a lot we can do there. And I think maybe he's freed up to do a couple episodes…

And it seems like the door's pretty firmly shut on George, so what does that mean? And then Jaimie King is pregnant. I mean, the writers are going to have to get really creative this season. And that's a good thing. Sometimes those kind of limitations and challenges end up opening new avenues for stories.

Last edited by Tracie76; 06-19-2013 at 09:01 AM
Old 06-19-2013, 09:09 AM
Extreme Fan

If I'm being completely honest, I didn't really like the way he came off on this interview.

While I'm happy that KB got promoted as I absolutely love AB's character, I'm a little scared that the writers will mess with a good thing.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:18 AM
Elite Fan

I think I understand where he is coming from. It is sort of like us when we throw out these various scenarios. It is very easy to start to get attached to certain ones more than others. And then when the show doesn't go that way it can be a little disappointing. It seems like he really likes working with everyone, and yet he doesn't know what the season will hold. And he can't really begin to guess because just like us everything is very much up in the air. I actually like that he is pretty straight forward and doesn't dance around stuff.

I don't know what they will do with AB going forward once the triangle is over and they move on to LL. Although now we can definitely start being more invested in her after that. She can't just disappear like Didi. So they are going to have to do something with AB. LOL George is looking like a very viable option atm which we were just playing with before.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Well he is with us and saying they won't give us WZ until they are good and ready....but at least he admits he knows nothing.

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 06-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Extreme Fan

I do understand where he is coming from and I do prefer when actors are straight forward with us but I'm still bothered by the way he answered those questions.

I just hope that whatever storyline the writers come up with for AB's character after she's out of the triangle isn't as boring as the "english dude" one.
And that if they do decide to do G/AB that they do it organically so that it doesn't feel forced. I would hate for us, as viewers, to feel like these 2 characters are together just because they are the only regulars who are single.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Well he is with us and saying they won't give us WZ until they are good and ready....but at least he admits he knows nothing.
I don't think he was saying they'd give us Wade and Zoe when they were good and ready. I think he was referring to the actors. Basically what he was saying is that they don't know anything until they get the script and only get a very general outline of what is going to happen at the beginning of the season. And as of right now he doesn't even have that rough outline for what will happen. So really he doesn't know anything.

None of that surprises me. He and KB have both said pretty much the same thing in past interviews. They find out when they get the scripts.

And yet even with not knowing anything, there are still some limitations on where the story can go. Like we know Zoe won't be having Jonah as a long term love interest because of TVW's availability. Although it seems like Jonah will be back for a couple of episodes from this interview. That should be in the beginning of the season because he is going to have to start on his own show. So for me that means I'll start leaning more toward Jonah being a reason as to why Wade/Zoe don't come back and work things out. And he also mentions that the door seemed shut on George. So really he is just like us and thinks logically. It isn't anything we haven't said. We all wondered how GZ could happen after the finale. And we knew Jonah wasn't permanent. That points to WZ eventually getting together. And yet that won't happen at the beginning of the season. So all of us are left wondering how they intend to keep them apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimix57 (View Post)
I just hope that whatever storyline the writers come up with for AB's character after she's out of the triangle isn't as boring as the "english dude" one.
And that if they do decide to do G/AB that they do it organically so that it doesn't feel forced. I would hate for us, as viewers, to feel like these 2 characters are together just because they are the only regulars who are single.
I hope they do make the storylines interesting. The English dude sl was just odd. That whole episode was off though for me.

If they do go the G/AB route, I agree that they need to do it organically. The foundation could be there if they start planting more of the seeds this season. Maybe AB/George will start having more scenes together. I don't want LL to get together and then George/AB just get together. There should be something there that leads to that. Having them interact more and then growing in that direction would work.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Maybe the other two interviews from LG will give us another random hint!

Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
Maybe the other two interviews from LG will give us another random hint!
That works for me.

I liked WB's interview. He basically thinks like we do. LMAO

-Hannah
Old 06-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Extreme Fan

The english guy storyline was just so confusing and out of the blue and honestly that's one of the things I think the writers struggle with, they have no problem writing storylines but its the episodes in between, like the english guy and the bees and even George's directorial debut! It's all just a bit messy and put out there with no real meaning, like a filler or something. It just irks me that's all.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

I think in S2 they struggled with finding a balance between light happy comedy and drama. When there was that more serious stuff in the episodes it balanced some of the silly stuff. For me it seemed one of the bigger problems was instead of dragging out storylines there was the need for everything to be wrapped up all nice and neat by the end of the episode. That is what happened with WZ's relationship. We'd start with random cute scene. Enter episode problem that they'd work through. End with random cute scene where they both learned and grew closer. Instead there should have been more hints that there were problems so that when the bigger storyline actually happened it didn't seem to come out of nowhere. In S1 it took until episode 18 for George to find out about Lavon/Lemon. Every episode didn't have to touch on it, but there was enough there that the build up was good. And then the emotion after it was handled appropriately.

I really hope in S3 that they find that good balance between angst and drama and light fluff. Yes HoD is my feel good happy show, but I also love the angstier stuff as well. This past season there was less drama and angst, but what there was was huge and then they didn't follow through with it. So that made the episodes after it seem even sillier after the huge emotion of the bench scene.
Old 06-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Addicted Fan

I love the guy, but I call so many ********* in his interview that it's really hard to conceive of the truth he knows.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread