Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2013, 08:03 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
I like AB and Lavom but I just don't see that passion like I do with say WZ. In LL in season 1 I can see how they love/care about each other. I saw more between LL then I do between ABL now...maybe that is just me?
I see the passion with AB and Lavon, more so than L/L to be honest.

I think Lavon is the kind of guy who falls really fast for the girls he dates. We've seen it with Lemon (and I think they only dated 6 weeks), with Ruby he was in love and passionate about her fast too. With AB, he was in love after just having sex with her. lol.
The only one he wasn't passionate about was Didi.

When the show started, I did not understand the L/L connection at all. Now after having seen 2 seasons, I see that passion and understand their connection a bit more, but it took some time.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimix57 (View Post)
I see the passion with AB and Lavon, more so than L/L to be honest.

I think Lavon is the kind of guy who falls really fast for the girls he dates. We've seen it with Lemon (and I think they only dated 6 weeks), with Ruby he was in love and passionate about her fast too. With AB, he was in love after just having sex with her. lol.
The only one he wasn't passionate about was Didi.

When the show started, I did not understand the L/L connection at all. Now after having seen 2 seasons, I see that passion and understand their connection a bit more, but it took some time.
I know in S1 I really wanted Lemon and George to work out and get back together. Going into S2 that was still my hope until LG shut the door on that. Now looking back I can see more to LL than I did the first time around. It could also be that I'm just resigned to it. LOL I at least understand what is between them.

I don't dislike L/AB. I thought there was more passion at first. And then when they got together in 2x18 I was surprised by how underwhelmed I was by it. And then they were just there for me. I did like them a lot in the finale though.

So honestly even if I don't like what may happen, I am at least interested in the L/L/AB triangle. They have done a much better job building up both sides and making them believable.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracie76 (View Post)
I know in S1 I really wanted Lemon and George to work out and get back together. Going into S2 that was still my hope until LG shut the door on that. Now looking back I can see more to LL than I did the first time around. It could also be that I'm just resigned to it. LOL I at least understand what is between them.

I don't dislike L/AB. I thought there was more passion at first. And then when they got together in 2x18 I was surprised by how underwhelmed I was by it. And then they were just there for me. I did like them a lot in the finale though.

So honestly even if I don't like what may happen, I am at least interested in the L/L/AB triangle. They have done a much better job building up both sides and making them believable.
Now that you mention it, I do remember being underwhelmed by AB and Lavon when they got together. I guess I remember that couple by the way they were in the finale. I absolutely loved them there.

I'm also interested by the L/L/AB triangle but a lot of this has to do with the fact that not only does that triangle make sense but also that I wont really be upset if Lavon ends up with either girl so I can actually enjoy watching it.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Quote:
No you are right. Doing the rewatch is when you see it with LL. It was there in early S1. That needs to be built back up. It isn't there with AB/L. They are just cute. I like them, but you don't get the angst and stuff that you have seen with LL. I was surprised again by how much I did like LL in 1x04. I still have to rewatch 1x07, but i do know that I liked them in that episode as well. I grew to really like GL in the 2nd half of S1.

LOL Honestly I have been the most torn about Lavon and Lemon's love lives than I ever was about Zoe's. The triangles with both of them at the center were so much better than the WZG triangle ever was. It isn't that I like the way things went down with the triangle we are going to be getting, but at least I can understand all sides in it and I really don't know who I would prefer Lavon with. And that is the same for Lemon. And the only one that never worked for me was Zoe at the center.
Oh I agree Zoe in the middle never worked...but was that the writing or the chemistry between actors?

I am sure we will get a new triangle with Zoe sometime (even if she is not in the middle) and if it with her and Wade I doubt it will still be a good one. We all know now that what WZ have on screen can't be matched so them with others doesn't work.

To me. They may as well end the triangle and let them find happiness.

If they hasn't told us LL were going to be together then that triangle would be even more exciting...I know Lavon falls hard and fast but I can tell he has always loved Lemon. Lemon was so torn in season 1, that I loved watching her and could feel how she felt...I wonder if we will see that same stuff from Lavom between AB and lemon. Relationship wise I am most fascinated with Lemon and Lavon just because season 1 I saw so much between them.

~"She isn't just some girl. Not to me." -Cappie
~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 06-18-2013, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimix57 (View Post)
Now that you mention it, I do remember being underwhelmed by AB and Lavon when they got together. I guess I remember that couple by the way they were in the finale. I absolutely loved them there.

I'm also interested by the L/L/AB triangle but a lot of this has to do with the fact that not only does that triangle make sense but also that I wont really be upset if Lavon ends up with either girl so I can actually enjoy watching it.
This is an excellent point. I like both AB/L and L/L so I won't be upset by either ending. So it is easier to see how it plays out.

Last edited by Tracie76; 06-18-2013 at 08:45 AM
Old 06-18-2013, 08:40 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Quote:
This is an excellent point. I like both AB/L and L/L so I won't be upset by either ending. So it is easier to see how it plays out.
That is a good point.

With GZW, we learned early on that Wade loved Zoe and always will and noone else will do. It would be heartbreaking not to see them end up together.

With AB/L/L I could see either pairing but really can see the love between LL especially as I re-watch season 1.

~"Because for some odd reason, you are the one she is supposed to be with. It's the end of the world Cappie, what are you going to do?" - Ashleigh
Old 06-18-2013, 08:45 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh I agree Zoe in the middle never worked...but was that the writing or the chemistry between actors?

I am sure we will get a new triangle with Zoe sometime (even if she is not in the middle) and if it with her and Wade I doubt it will still be a good one. We all know now that what WZ have on screen can't be matched so them with others doesn't work.

To me. They may as well end the triangle and let them find happiness.

If they hasn't told us LL were going to be together then that triangle would be even more exciting...I know Lavon falls hard and fast but I can tell he has always loved Lemon. Lemon was so torn in season 1, that I loved watching her and could feel how she felt...I wonder if we will see that same stuff from Lavom between AB and lemon. Relationship wise I am most fascinated with Lemon and Lavon just because season 1 I saw so much between them.
As for why WZG didn't work. I think it was a combination of the chemistry and also the writing. The chemistry could have overcame the bad writing. And better writing could have helped the chemistry. I thought there was much better build up in early S1. The thing that turned me completely off of GZ was their "date" in 1x07. The annoying writing for them in the latter half of S1 and all of S2 is what put me over the edge to the point of never wanting to see them ever on my screen. Basically the lack of writing and build up for them and how unlikable they made Zoe in that situation made me come to resent them. So at that point it is all on the writing.

I do think that we will get a new triangle with Zoe and Wade. We've already discussed that. It isn't a real triangle. And for me this is actually a better option. Another reason the WZG triangle didn't work is because it made Zoe unlikable. When both options are show regulars there is always the uncertainty of who she could end up with. When one is a recurring role it makes it easier. You know how it is going to end so you tend to be patient while it plays out. And hopefully they no longer make the person in the middle so unlikable. Going into the 3rd season it was time to make it obvious which couple was the couple they were going with. Now if the writing had been better for GZ that wouldn't have been the case. So for me any fake triangle with Wade at the center is better than a triangle with WZG because the WZG stuff makes me dislike Zoe and not care who she ends up with. The other is new and fresh and will at least keep me interested even though I know how it will end.

I don't mind knowing that LL will end up together. It makes it easier for me to not get invested in L/AB and just enjoy the show until they end.

Quote:
That is a good point.

With GZW, we learned early on that Wade loved Zoe and always will and noone else will do. It would be heartbreaking not to see them end up together.

With AB/L/L I could see either pairing but really can see the love between LL especially as I re-watch season 1.
L/L make sense to me. I never argued that. It was just that I really liked GL. And yet I won't dislike LL either. So any option is good for me. GZ was never an option for me past ep. 1x06 or 1x07. There were a bunch of things that played into that. So for me the longer that went on the more annoyed I got. And that is on the writing. Although during the rewatch I can see how perhaps Zoe thought there was something, I never see the point where it developed into anything more to explain the way she carried on about it. So for me it became unbelievable. Now if they had continued to build on that things would have been more balanced for me. And although I wouldn't have preferred GZ, I would have at least been able to understand it. So it wouldn't have annoyed me so much this season.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Oh I agree. We know it is a fake triangle, but still a shape none the less. Haha

And I saw what Zoe initially saw, but I never saw either develop real feelings for each other.

I didn't dislike GL, but even during the re-watch I knew that they weren't fully happy. So in that regards I was glad they didn't get married. They didn't know themselves fully without the other. If they had gotten back together at some point I wouldn't have been opposed to that, I also think that for Lemon's sake she would have to be with Lavon to see before she could go back to George. (As opposed to Zoe having to try out George). There are still real feelings there between LL.

I am anxious to see how that triangle plays out even if we know the end result.

I just hope the ZW triangle doesn't mess tem up to much before they find their way back together!

Old 06-18-2013, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Oh I agree. We know it is a fake triangle, but still a shape none the less. Haha

And I saw what Zoe initially saw, but I never saw either develop real feelings for each other.

I didn't dislike GL, but even during the re-watch I knew that they weren't fully happy. So in that regards I was glad they didn't get married. They didn't know themselves fully without the other. If they had gotten back together at some point I wouldn't have been opposed to that, I also think that for Lemon's sake she would have to be with Lavon to see before she could go back to George. (As opposed to Zoe having to try out George). There are still real feelings there between LL.

I am anxious to see how that triangle plays out even if we know the end result.

I just hope the ZW triangle doesn't mess tem up to much before they find their way back together!
I knew that GL wouldn't get married. And they definitely needed that time apart. I find Lemon's whole journey believable. I even could understand wanting to be with Lavon again. Their relationship never got the proper closure. I think Lavon says something about that in 1x04. So really that is why I have no issues whichever way that goes. I liked GL, but I completely understand LL.

I'm not worried about the WZ stuff going into S3. It won't be as easy and clean, but I never expected that. And yet I'm being fairly optimistic lately. So I have faith that things will be fine. They've always managed to write good stuff for WZ. The only thing was the stuff after the cheating SL. Again I don't object to 2x16 or 2x17. I thought there were some good emotional moments there. I just didn't like the execution of it. And really out of 44 episodes only a small amount of them weren't enjoyable. So for me the good still far outweighs the bad. And the writers can surprise us and come out swinging in S3 and we'll all be hooked.
Old 06-18-2013, 05:40 PM
Extreme Fan

How do we know for sure that they are going to continue WZ in season 3 ? Has LG come out and said it ?
Old 06-18-2013, 05:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apples200 (View Post)
How do we know for sure that they are going to continue WZ in season 3 ? Has LG come out and said it ?
She said that the WZG triangle was being laid to rest. She has said that 2x16 was never meant to be the end of WZ. One of the times was to TV Line:
Quote:
In the meantime, exec producer Leila Gerstein insists Wade’s infidelity and the pair’s subsequent breakup “was never intended to be the end” of their story. “It is a long series [and] we expect to do many, many, many more episodes of this show,” she adds of the recently renewed dramedy. “And they’re not even done for this season! There will be another connection between Zoe and Wade before the season is over. I would certainly tell ‘Zade’ fans out there that they should not be giving up hope.”
‘Scandal’ Spoilers: The Mole’s Identity Revealed — and More Scoop in Ask Ausiello - TVLine

And in her interview with Melissa Miller, the interviewer commented that she definitely got the impression that WZ weren't over.
Quote:
So there we go. That’s Wade. And I feel like she felt that Wade and Zoe are by no means over, so keep on keepin’ on, Zade fans.
Hart of Dixie on The CWATX Festival Interview with Hart of Dixie Creator Leila Gerstein - Just two fangirls sitting in a bar | Hart of Dixie on The CW

So using that knowledge and the way the finale went and the 2 seasons of build up for WZ, I'd be very surprised if in S3 they dropped WZ especially after they wrote for Wade to say ILY. There will be other love interests introduced in S3 and new love triangles forming, but the original triangle is being laid to rest for S3. If it comes back she didn't say and didn't seem firm on that. That is all from this video interview: Team Wade or Team George? Scott Porter & Leila Gerstein Talk Hart of Dixie's Season 3 Love Interests - YouTube

I expect we'll see some other form of triangle involving WZ in it and maybe more than one or another shape even if Wade and Zoe each have other love interests. So nothing is for sure, but I'm going to side with logic on this one and speculate that WZ will be continued into S3.

Last edited by Tracie76; 06-18-2013 at 05:56 PM
Old 06-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Any idea when the last few interviews will arrive?! Lol

Old 06-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Any idea when the last few interviews will arrive?! Lol
Beats me. Whenever the writers put them up and let us know. The WB interview is going up this week. That is all I know.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Rachel Bilson
Chris Pine

Quote:
Beats me. Whenever the writers put them up and let us know. The WB interview is going up this week. That is all I know.
Thanks Tracie. I was hoping to get more from the other 2 LG interviews since we got different yet similar stuff from the other two!

Old 06-18-2013, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks Tracie. I was hoping to get more from the other 2 LG interviews since we got different yet similar stuff from the other two!
I'm curious to see what is in the E! interview.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread