Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Extreme Fan

If Serena didnt cheat with Nate in the begining and Nate wasnt in love with S, then the plot would be totally different and every epi after would be different. Blair wouldnt really have that much of a reason to dislike Serena so much and her hatred would have no point.

Quote:
I'm not sure why we're talking about NB seeing as this is a spoiler and spec thread and there is clearly not gonna be much NB going on next season. Sorry but old news
IA CB fans are not going to suddenly make NB fans like CB and vice versa. I respect people who like NB, its just who you like and no one can change that so we're all kinda just talking ourselves in circles. lol
icon:gothicyuna Elle
Old 07-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **confessa (View Post)
Haha But then the original plot of Gossip Girl is lost. Rather people like it or not, this series IS based on the books. The starting story was that Serena comes back and stirs trouble for pretty much everyone because she slept with Nate. I thought it was a great beginning.

I also disagree that Serena got to redeem herself immediately. But unfortunately, people who like Blair more than Serena simply choose to see it that way, not that I am saying anything against you of course. Just stating.
i don't think serena got to redeem herself either. i do think they could have made a bit more adventuresome by not have her immediately couple-up with dan...and be so sedate...but that's just my own very personal opinion

icon by lexi
Old 07-27-2008, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the pilot was terrible. I hated hated hated it. It's too bad the CW didn't have the money to let Josh reshoot a first episode. But I really feel like the show wouldn't be the same if it didn't start off with S returning. They could have maybe done a five minute montage-type thing of how CBN got along before S came back...

But at the same time, they would have had to jump back half a year to show NB as truly happy. I don't believe Nate's conscience let him rest easy after the cheating. Remember Blair's letter? "Nate's acting weird..."
Old 07-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Banned

But to begin with I felt all the storylines were so rushed. They could have formulated the premise of the book over the whole series. Why didn't they show us an NB relationship while an NS friendship/build up as happening, then NS could have cheated and Blair would bond with Chuck. Is this not the premiere of the whole book that they rushed in one pilot? I feel they developed things way too fast IMO.

I know they did this so they did not have to tarsh Serena, since she was her lead. If they had her cheat in the middle of season one everyone would have hated her and she is the star, so the writers needed to redeem her.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well this thread is notorious for going off topic.

Well it seems that you're leaving out Dan in that mix and honestly I love Dan and Serena and Dan in general. I'm okay with the way the Pilot started with S coming back and N have cheated, I just wish we could have had an ep of the UES first.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 07-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
I thought the pilot was terrible. I hated hated hated it. It's too bad the CW didn't have the money to let Josh reshoot a first episode. But I really feel like the show wouldn't be the same if it didn't start off with S returning. They could have maybe done a five minute montage-type thing of how CBN got along before S came back...

But at the same time, they would have had to jump back half a year to show NB as truly happy. I don't believe Nate's conscience let him rest easy after the cheating. Remember Blair's letter? "Nate's acting weird..."
^that letter was so sad, Leighton was awesome in that scene!

IMO, a "trashy" Serena is more interesting...I still don't understand this concept from S1 of making her so sedate and I guess that's why I don't prefer DS. Case in point the promos...already Serena seems more fierce and interesting in S2....

icon by lexi
Old 07-27-2008, 12:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they should have resolved the NSB triangle in season one and then in season two started the entire CBN thing. That way the storylines wouldn't have been burned so quickly.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stacy* (View Post)
I think they could have prolonged it though. I would have been okay with an ep of the way things were before S came back. Then have S in the 2nd ep and go from there. At least we could have seen Nate be a little happy with B. I think more fans would have been towards NB and then crushed when Serena came back.

I think it would have been a much better Pilot. I honestly didn't like it that much except for the DS parts.
But then, Serena is the main girl, so I think that the pilot HAD to focus on her. I just don't think the producers/writer meant for NB to ever end up together, the way they plotted everything. At least we got happy NS scenes. The problem was that Nate's SLs were all messed up, the way he split with Blair, forgot about Serena and them jumped back to Blair. IMO, this inflicted substantial damage to the NB relationship. Careless writing anyone?

I think Serena's relationship with Dan was definitely...granny-like. I probably would have liked DS a lot more if there had been a scene like the bus one at the beginning of S1.

Quote:
But to begin with I felt all the storylines were so rushed. They could have formulated the premise of the book over the whole series. Why didn't they show us an NB relationship while an NS friendship/build up as happening, then NS could have cheated and Blair would bond with Chuck. Is this not the premiere of the whole book that they rushed in one pilot? I feel they developed things way too fast IMO.

I know they did this so they did not have to tarsh Serena, since she was her lead. If they had her cheat in the middle of season one everyone would have hated her and she is the star, so the writers needed to redeem her.
I disagree. This was not the premiere of the whole book set there. The book started with Serena coming back, and with Nate already shown to be in love with Serena (though he liked Blair a lot more than the series). I thought the way the pilot opened was great. I also think that this was in no way an attempt to redeem Serena. They were simply replaying what the book had started on, but since they didn't want the NS relationship yet, and wanted the DS one, had Serena reject Nate. They didn't seem to be doing it to redeem her at all.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:23 AM
Addicted Fan

i've kind of accepted that Serena has to be depicted in a way that makes her the heroine...

obviously since Blake is the ordained female star, but some risk taking would be nice too. Otherwise she's just a cardboard blonde (shrugs)
Old 07-27-2008, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I had always secretly hoped CB would hook up in the finale of season one and that would have been the cliffhanger, but episode 7 was like "WHAAAAAAAT? So soon?" Still, I flove it.

Anita, the best thing about this guy is that his number one ship is CN, lol. He's not even gay! But he refuses to believe that Nate is hetero, and he thinks Chuck is omnisexual, lol. His favorite part of 1.04 was when Chuck said, "You can think about your boyfriend inside." He was like, 'No, Chuck. That would be you thinking about your boyfriend."

He did realize that Chuck liked Blair in episode 3, though, without my help
Old 07-27-2008, 12:26 AM
Addicted Fan

aww how cute!

(we should recruit him for spoiler speculation!)
Old 07-27-2008, 12:28 AM
Loyal Fan

B/N/S wasn't prolonged because of Blair/Serena...I thought that seemed pretty clear!
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova4life (View Post)
I think they should have resolved the NSB triangle in season one and then in season two started the entire CBN thing. That way the storylines wouldn't have been burned so quickly.
So much word to this post! I agree that they should have had NSB all season 1, where NB started off as a couple and then NS cheating might have happened. I think the limo scene should have happened in season . It just feels as if the whole story has been told in season 1, which is why we are getting so many plot contrivances in just the first five episodes
Addicted Fan

I really wish they'd left the door open for two female leads. The heroine and the anti-heroine...why ride Blake so hard, spread the love and increase the fanbase by having two leads!!

icon by lexi
Old 07-27-2008, 12:29 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stacy* (View Post)
I think they could have prolonged it though. I would have been okay with an ep of the way things were before S came back. Then have S in the 2nd ep and go from there. At least we could have seen Nate be a little happy with B. I think more fans would have been towards NB and then crushed when Serena came back.

I think it would have been a much better Pilot. I honestly didn't like it that much except for the DS parts.
SD pwned the pilot well up until the short CB at the end