Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 12:09 AM
Absolute Fan

And Serena does seem very frisky, doesn't she? All the funny and flirtatious expressions on her face, and the strawberry part seems like something the old Serena is prone to do. Maybe the producers heard people's complaints that she was being to granny-like. LOL
Old 07-27-2008, 12:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think CB would have still happened regardless of how happy or sad NB started in the season. Josh clearly wanted CB to happen.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This is random, but I just thought I would let you know I've been forcing this guy at work to watch Gossip Girl. So after episode four, I was like, "Team Blair or Team Serena?" And he had to think about it for a looooooong time, but then he was like, "I think Blair is more amusing. She'd probably cry if I told her there was something in her hair. Serena is too happy, it's boring." I think that was his way of saying he liked Blair's vulnerability, lol.

Then, when I asked, "Dan, Nate, or Chuck?" He said, "Oh, please. Chuck," without even thinking about it. I told him episode 5 didn't have Chuck, and he was like, "then just give me the synopsis, cuz if Chuck's not in it, I'm not watching."

I just thought that was so cute
Old 07-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think so too. I think it probably would have been more dramatic if we saw NB happy. It would have been out of left field for Blair to follow Chuck if she was happy.

everyone loves Chuckles.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 07-27-2008, 12:12 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. I think BN had to be shown as unhappy from the beginning, or most of season one would make no sense. Where would the storyline have gone if both of them were happy? Serena would have had to wait a couple of episodes to come back so we could know what NB were like without her.

Besides, how happy could you really be knowing you had cheated on your girlfriend with her best friend? And you had to passively lie about it for half a year?
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
I don't think NB should have been shown as happy at first, because then the Serena angle of the triangle would have made no sense. It seems to me that the vision was to show NB as unhappy, and then episode 9 let you know that they once WERE happy. Even in episode 3, the looks they exchanged and the way they just read side by side let you know that when Serena was not directly in front of them, they could be a normal couple.

..When did Josh say he didn't plan ahead? That sounds like a terrible thing for a writer to say. If the station is not shown a storyboard of the season, I don't think they'd pick up the show.
Yeah but to begin with I never felt they should have started off with NS cheating, it should have happened later on in the season and it would have made her character more interesting to have some flaws. I can admit I did not appreciate how the pilot opened up with NS already having slept together and Serena getting a chance to redeem herself instantly by rejecting Nate's advances just so the audience would LOVE her.

I also think they planned CB from the start FOR SURE. They match their clothes and have been doing this since the pilot. While Josh wanted us to see Nate as the "bad guy" he wanted the audience to be mildly curious in the flirty friendship between CB. There is no doubt in my mind it would have happened.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:13 AM
Extreme Fan

haha Tati I love that you made some guy watch it! And big win for him for picking Blair and Chuck! Chuck is def FTW! lol
icon:gothicyuna Elle
Old 07-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
=*Stacy*;25071476]See, the gag gag part isn't necessary. That is not showing respect to the NS fans.
ok. i got rid of it...
Old 07-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, but the cheating had already happened- that's how the books are set up and the pilot was based on the first book. They wouldn't change the entire premise of the books.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Addicted Fan

I think it was brilliant to have started the show with NS cheating

icon by lexi
Old 07-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyton_4ever (View Post)
Yeah but to begin with I never felt they should have started off with NS cheating, it should have happened later on in the season and it would have made her character more interesting to have some flaws. I can admit I did not appreciate how the pilot opened up with NS already having slept together and Serena getting a chance to redeem herself instantly by rejecting Nate's advances just so the audience would LOVE her.
Haha But then the original plot of Gossip Girl is lost. Rather people like it or not, this series IS based on the books. The starting story was that Serena comes back and stirs trouble for pretty much everyone because she slept with Nate. I thought it was a great beginning.

I also disagree that Serena got to redeem herself immediately. But unfortunately, people who like Blair more than Serena simply choose to see it that way, not that I am saying anything against you of course. Just stating.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyton_4ever (View Post)

I also think they planned CB from the start FOR SURE. They match their clothes and have been doing this since the pilot. While Josh wanted us to see Nate as the "bad guy" he wanted the audience to be mildly curious in the flirty friendship between CB. There is no doubt in my mind it would have happened.
word to all of it sista!
Old 07-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think they could have prolonged it though. I would have been okay with an ep of the way things were before S came back. Then have S in the 2nd ep and go from there. At least we could have seen Nate be a little happy with B. I think more fans would have been towards NB and then crushed when Serena came back.

I think it would have been a much better Pilot. I honestly didn't like it that much except for the DS parts.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 07-27-2008, 12:18 AM
Master Fan

Omg Tati
I love guys who watch GG. A while back I made a bunch of my buds watch GG (mostly guys) and recently I found out that they all went home and finished watching the season on the net

I'm not sure why we're talking about NB seeing as this is a spoiler and spec thread and there is clearly not gonna be much NB going on next season. Sorry but old news
Closed Thread   Post New Thread