Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2008, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Elle! I'm glad you like it.

I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to tell anyone else who to ship or what's right or wrong. However, I just wanted to say that structurally NB were portrayed similarly to Nathan/Peyton or to Marissa/Luke. I'm not at all saying that NB are as meaningless as I felt those couples to be. Just that they were the couple that started off the show, a couple that had been together "forever" and was clearly having some problems when they started.

It's true that episode 10 turned things around, but I always felt like that was the beginning of a move to make the triangle more "interesting" and it felt inorganic to me. I loved seeing the happy NB in episode 9 because it made me nostalgic thinking how different things were back then.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leyton_4ever (View Post)
Thanks for the thread Tati!

Unfortunately I don't think Josh wanted to establish NB as a strong relationship at this point so they were written in a way that kinda made you root for anyone but Nate for Blair, in the EARLIER episodes. However, we did see some flashbacks that alluded to them being happy at some point. Even though insecurites did creep up it showed us a time when NBS was just a bunch of happy campers, and again it made us understand why she decided to put herself out there with him in 10-13. I think she wanted to recapture what she had with him before, like she alluded to when he said he wanted to depend on her more. She said "we'll be better this time." I believe that she did get back with Nate partially because she wanted to, and because Chuck did mess up, so the second time around it was a confusion for Blair as to what to think. But I do know that Nate DID make her happy, unfortunately she could not truly express this because Chuck was blackmailing her. I think Blair needs a break from Nate because I don't think they can work when they have some many problems as a couple.

I do see how people can appreciate NB as a couple for these small moments. I ship LP, which wasn't as popular in season 1 as it is now. My ship was an underdog and I stuck to it and believed and it payed off for me and the fanbase.
thanks!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Nnenna, most of us NB fans WANT them to take a break. Our main issue is that Josh never gave them a fair enough chance to succeed. We want them to establish a friendship this season because an NB relationship would never work again unless they re-establish this.

NB are totally the underdogs at the moment!! LISA, underdogs unite!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hova4life (View Post)
Nnenna, most of us NB fans WANT them to take a break. Our main issue is that Josh never gave them a fair enough chance to succeed. We want them to establish a friendship this season because an NB relationship would never work again unless they re-establish this.

NB are totally the underdogs at the moment!! LISA, underdogs unite!
word! I cant help but love the underdog!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Even I want to see a Nate/Blair friendship develop this season. I personally don't believe they will do NB again because Nate loves Chuck too much, but I don't want them to dismiss everything that Nate/Blair had, either. I hated the way Luke and Marissa just acted as if they never cared about each other after they broke up. I hope they don't try to pull that with NB.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Are you guys allowed to bash in titles?? Imo, the title is bashing V.

Watch life unexpected and glee.
icon by jess
Old 07-26-2008, 11:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think it might make more people root for them if they establish a friendship, because people would begin to see Nate appreciate Blair a little more than he showed before. However, I don't know if we will see this with all the girls Nate seems to have next season. I really do not understand why he has Vanessa, Serena and the MILF.

They seem to be pushing hard on NS, much to my distress, but oh well what can I do?
Addicted Fan

Yeah underdogs!!

I agree, NB fans aren't looking for a full blow romance at the moment. Or even for the whole season; it would just look like another girl on Nate's list of girl-to-girl bounces.

I think that if Nate goes through all these girls- a bit of Vanessa, Serena, some Cougar...he'll come full circle and see that he wants what he originally had. That's how i see NB play out if given the chance.
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
Even I want to see a Nate/Blair friendship develop this season. I personally don't believe they will do NB again because Nate loves Chuck too much, but I don't want them to dismiss everything that Nate/Blair had, either. I hated the way Luke and Marissa just acted as if they never cared about each other after they broke up. I hope they don't try to pull that with NB.
It makes sense too ppl with that much history dont ignore eachother after breaking up! couples liek DS ignore eachother after breaking up bc they come from different worlds
Addicted Fan

I don't watch OTH so I can't follow these analogies and I also didn't read the GG books so I don't see how "emotion lade" NB were.

To me NB were off mark from the first two episodes with Nate jumping out of bed and the look of sheer unhappiness on Blair's face...then with Nate waiting for hours at Serena's hotel...and giving her a key to Chuck's suite. Even Blair's implicit understanding of Nate's heart being in the wrong place when they got back together after his confession spoke volumes of her unhappiness.

I don't think NB will ever become a couple on this TV show.

icon by lexi
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sendtherain (View Post)
Thanks, Elle! I'm glad you like it.

I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to tell anyone else who to ship or what's right or wrong. However, I just wanted to say that structurally NB were portrayed similarly to Nathan/Peyton or to Marissa/Luke. I'm not at all saying that NB are as meaningless as I felt those couples to be. Just that they were the couple that started off the show, a couple that had been together "forever" and was clearly having some problems when they started.

It's true that episode 10 turned things around, but I always felt like that was the beginning of a move to make the triangle more "interesting" and it felt inorganic to me. I loved seeing the happy NB in episode 9 because it made me nostalgic thinking how different things were back then.
I agree that they were portrayed similarly to those couples in the sense that they were the pre-established couple on the show that you knew was going to have problems for the sake of drama, but I feel that NB differs from them because they have a pretty epic (for lack of a better word) history. The viewers heard all about it, but it wasn't shown and whether that was intentional or not, I'm not sure.

In my opinion, it was a big mistake to discard the NBC triangle as quickly as they did because to me, that could have been on of the staples of the show.

And hey, thanks for actually taking the time to formulate a response that wasn't just attacking a ship, it's appreciated.
is better than nothing.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's best to leave the OTH analogies out of here. It's just not a good idea to even start that.

icon by jess
Old 07-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Extreme Fan

I dont think the title is bashing. Its a known fact that Vanessa meddles. I found it more humorous then bashing.
icon:gothicyuna Elle
Old 07-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveelle25 (View Post)
I dont think the title is bashing. Its a known fact that Vanessa meddles. I found it more humorous then bashing.
exactly
Old 07-27-2008, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't feel she meddles. I'm a fan and I love the Vanessa character and Jessica.

I just think it's more of an opinion.

icon by jess
Closed Thread   Post New Thread