Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2015, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
^Sam isn't some random girl who appeared like twice and who's relationship with a regular took place almost entirely off screen. He's a series regular and deserves better than that.
Glee don't care. It doesn't matter if it is a recurring character like Dani was, bad writing is bad writing. Santana/Sam never had an official break up on screen either. One episode she is dating Sam, the next she isn't. That's how the show works. His character shouldn't have to be used to prop up Rachel either. He and Kurt have been wasted and utterly useless this season.

And they should've adapted the novel, I am already dreading 2009 with so many characters gone. I am sure they could've gotten Naya/HeMo for the episode if they wanted.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Part-Time Fan

I thought since Rachel/Finn was no longer an option, Rachel/Jesse was the obvious endgame choice. I couldn't take Rachel/Sam seriously and I don't think the writer's took it seriously either. They seem to want Mercedes/Sam as endgame but needed Rachel to be preoccupied so they tossed Sam her direction. All in all, I don't ship any characters on this show, although Sebastian/Santana were fire, I just dislike certain ships more than others.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:37 PM
Master Fan

I just watch for the singing and music mostly, Rachel, Blaine and crazy Sue
Old 03-14-2015, 01:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony. (View Post)
They seem to want Mercedes/Sam as endgame
Given what Lea said at Paleyfest yesterday, that seems to be exactly what RIB did.

I love that 2009 is mainly about the original ND members and how they came together. We already saw how the others joined ND so it's about time we got the original 5's story.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 03-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

^What did Lea say at Paleyfest? Because I don't actually believe they are going back to Samcedes even wth Rachel apparently ending up with Jesse. They gave Samcedes a pretty final ending not something open ended. Honestly I dont know many more times we have to be shown that Sam and Mercedes don't belong together before everyone finally believes it. And Mercedes is front and center in that Tony's party pic, don't you think if she ended up with Sam he'd be sitting beside her for something like that. No off somewhere else doing who knows what, Also if you want a ship to be endgame, you don't end them seemingly for good in the last season so you can do a different ship with the guy that doesn't even last. That makes no sense even for Glee.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/

Last edited by IBelieveInMiracles; 03-14-2015 at 03:32 PM
Old 03-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox24 (View Post)
I like Sam but he also has been serious about Quinn and Britney and now Rachel.
He was serious about Mercedes too. She's the only one of his long list of ex-girlfriends that hasn't cheated on him or used him as a means to an end before getting back with their endgame relationship. He's not a bad guy...but Glee girls might be too much for him. He might end up with Mercedes, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ended the show single or with some random girl that works at mcKinley.

I might actually watch the finale. The end of Glee has been long overdue.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sorry to forget about Mercedes it's been awhile since I watched Glee seriously I forgot s/m briefly got back together
Old 03-14-2015, 03:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
^What did Lea say at Paleyfest? Because I don't actually believe they are going back to Samcedes even wth Rachel apparently ending up with Jesse. They gave Samcedes a pretty final ending not something open ended. Honestly I dont know many more times we have to be shown that Sam and Mercedes don't belong together before everyone finally believes it. And Mercedes is front and center in that Tony's party pic, don't you think if she ended up with Sam he'd be sitting beside her for something like that? No off somewhere else? Also if you want a ship to be endgame, you don't end them seemingly for good in the last season so you can do a different ship with the guy that doesn't even last. That makes no sense even for Glee.
The only thing I've seen from paleyfest that she's said was how they brought Jon in especially for her. Mainly because it was going to be incredibly difficult for her and they knew she needed someone with her that could make sure she was okay. And she was grateful they brought Jon in because she didn't think she could do it without him. or something like that.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:39 PM
Elite Fan

^Okay don't know what that has to do with Samcedes.

But as for what Lea said about J/R that's fine, I can understand that but it also proves that this J/R endgame was more about what was happening in real life than what is actually right for the characters, just like I said. Also it doesn't make it okay that they used Sam like a stepping stone and treated him like he isn't acutally good enough to be Rachel's endgame.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 03-14-2015, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
What did Lea say at Paleyfest?
Someone asked about Samcedes and Lea was like ~watch the finale!
a meaningful, sane existence
Old 03-14-2015, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
^What did Lea say at Paleyfest?
Here's the video of Lea saying to a Samcedes shipper to "Watch the final episode." when she said that she wanted them to get back together.

Samcedes

And it's not that he wasn't good enough to be Rachel's endgame, it's that he ultimately was never guying to be THE guy for her. Nothing I saw this season or any other season has ever made me think that the writers saw Sam as Rachel's other great love. His role was important for her to realize that she was ready to finally move on. And I never felt like Sam saw Rachel as the girl he always wanted to be with. So I don't think that's a disservice to Sam at all. He certainly doesn't seem to be too heartbroken over them not being together anymore.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 03-14-2015, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
Glee don't care. It doesn't matter if it is a recurring character like Dani was, bad writing is bad writing. Santana/Sam never had an official break up on screen either. One episode she is dating Sam, the next she isn't. That's how the show works. His character shouldn't have to be used to prop up Rachel either. He and Kurt have been wasted and utterly useless this season.

And they should've adapted the novel, I am already dreading 2009 with so many characters gone. I am sure they could've gotten Naya/HeMo for the episode if they wanted.
I don't mind, to be honest, especially knowing now that it aligns with the Pilot. Following the original five members makes all the sense in the world. All Brittana would've had was a brief appearance to bully Rachel, I'm sure. Or to make out with boys, no doubt. Not really interested in that.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

Apparently Lea spoiled Samcedes on S5 too

Thanks for the vid Amy!
Old 03-14-2015, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Samcedes maturely ended their relationship because she didn't want him to wait until marriage for sex. Sam never said that he wouldn't and he was pretty upset after they parted. So I think it makes perfect sense for them to get back together when Mercedes is ready for marriage and has an established career. It's just another form of waiting.

icon
Old 03-14-2015, 04:44 PM
Elite Fan

^well saying watch the finale doesn't necessarily mean Samcedes is a sure thing. I mean she's not going to outright spoil another ship but it also wouldn't be nice to just shut down that fan with like a no never happening statement. I don't know what's happening but if they intended Samcedes to be endgame they have a weird way of showing it. Giving them closure and having them move on. And again I point out Mercedes is front and center at that party for Rachel, if she ended up with Sam he should be next to her. Seems odd to me. But whatever they are yet another couple that is not right for each other and I have no interest in at all.

Also it would be pretty hard for Sam to be heartbroken over Rachel and him no longer being together when they technically haven't had a break up and he doesn't even know she's kissing a dude she hasn't seen in years. And regardless of how serious it was, they used Sam as a stepping stone and that's not okay. He deserved better than that in this last season.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread