Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2015, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
Why do you CARE? You don't have to post in here if you think it's pointless. The series finale was shown at Paleyfest so I'm sure there will be plenty of spoiler talk over the next week while we wait for the final episode.
Actually only 2009 was shown.

Quote:
I'm really just happy that Rachel chose her education over everything. Jesse offered her Broadway but she made her own decision at the end. Even though Glee isn't doing as well as it was in the beginning, the message it's been trying to portray has always been a positive one.
Which as I said in the other thread is the one saving grace of this episode. Doesn't excuse the awful writing choices the writers have made this season and in the shows run. One good writing choice doesn't negate the thousands of awful ones they've made over the years which has cost them to be where they're at now with the ratings they have now.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave princess (View Post)
Why do you CARE? You don't have to post in here if you think it's pointless. The series finale was shown at Paleyfest so I'm sure there will be plenty of spoiler talk over the next week while we wait for the final episode.
Seriously. All this negativity is ruining St. Berry day for me *Chandler Bing voice*

a meaningful, sane existence
Old 03-13-2015, 09:02 PM
Administrator

I don't have any problems with people respectfully disagreeing with one another, but let's not take things to a personal level and insult other posters.

To be honest, I wasn't invested in Sam and Rachel at all and I don't care that they're not going to end up together. This show has always brought together and broken up couples at the drop of a hat, so it's pretty par for the course I feel. I do think that Jesse and Rachel had/have a lot in common, and I also feel that Lea and Jonathan have a lot of chemistry, most likely stemming from their real-life friendship, so I think it's okay that they're going to end up together, but to be honest, I don't care either way, because I care the most about Rachel as a character and I'd want her to be happy and achieving her dreams, no matter who she's with.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-13-2015, 09:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Seriously can you just chill out, I'm getting really tired of coming in this thread and reading your rude statements. This forum is a place for fans to enjoy talking about there favorite shows with others who enjoy it as much as they do. That's why I love FF cause my family doesn't understand my OCD lol. Anyway, do we know besides the one republic song what other music they will be singing in the finale??
Old 03-13-2015, 09:06 PM
Administrator

This show isn't over yet, so it's fine, and right, that a new thread was started. Besides that, the moderators of this board and I will be the ones to decide if a thread belongs here.

Let's get back to discussing the show and have this thread, which may be the last thread we'll have for this show here on the Spoilers board, end on a good note.

Thanks.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 03-13-2015, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
I don't have any problems with people respectfully disagreeing with one another, but let's not take things to a personal level and insult other posters
Thank you! Sorry if any of my posts were offensive.

Quote:
To be honest, I wasn't invested in Sam and Rachel at all and I don't care that they're not going to end up together.

Quote:
I do think that Jesse and Rachel had/have a lot in common, and I also feel that Lea and Jonathan have a lot of chemistry, most likely stemming from their real-life friendship, so I think it's okay that they're going to end up together, but to be honest, I don't care either way, because I care the most about Rachel as a character and I'd want her to be happy and achieving her dreams, no matter who she's with.
I bow to this.

I think it makes sense to not have a thread after this one.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
To be honest, I wasn't invested in Sam and Rachel at all and I don't care that they're not going to end up together. This show has always brought together and broken up couples at the drop of a hat, so it's pretty par for the course I feel. I do think that Jesse and Rachel had/have a lot in common, and I also feel that Lea and Jonathan have a lot of chemistry, most likely stemming from their real-life friendship, so I think it's okay that they're going to end up together, but to be honest, I don't care either way, because I care the most about Rachel as a character and I'd want her to be happy and achieving her dreams, no matter who she's with.
As a St. Berry fan I'm happy she's ending up with Jesse but ITA with the bolded, Jerry. At the end of the day, I'm just glad that we're finally going to get to see Rachel living her dream and from the smile on her face in the finale promo it looks like she's so happy.

krissy, the set list for the final 2 episodes was released a week or two ago. Kurt/Rachel are going to be singing "Popular" from Wicked in 2009. I'll have to find the rest of the songs.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 03-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I do think that Jesse and Rachel had/have a lot in common, and I also feel that Lea and Jonathan have a lot of chemistry, most likely stemming from their real-life friendship, so I think it's okay that they're going to end up together, but to be honest, I don't care either way, because I care the most about Rachel as a character and I'd want her to be happy and achieving her dreams, no matter who she's with
Yeah I feel like people can accept St. Berry because it's Groff and Lea which is such a poor reason. I'm sorry there's a big difference between fictional characters and real life and I truly feel the only reason they did St. Berry ending is because of how close Lea and Groff are in real life. Which should not have been how it ended. Again poor writing choices and if St. Berry was always the endgame then they should have started it much much sooner than they did. It should have started at the beginning of S6.

I hope you guys don't think this is good writing though, as St. Berry fans you should want more than just being told they ended up together. Also it started through cheating, yeah what a great way to start relationships. Then again it's pretty much as common as saying hi on Glee at this point, everybody cheats. Another reason why this show has gone down the dumps. Cheating is NOT good, even though this show loves to claim it's so perfectly normal. It's not and that's one of the things that pisses me the most off about the show. They sugarcoat cheating, and they use it as a lame plot device to get rid of having people have a mature resolution, for once.

*sigh* Whatever, show sucks anyways. It's saving grace was Rachel choosing NYADA which is what I wanted her to do despite people claiming that she should choose broadway which would have been a rehash of her mistakes.

Last time I checked this wasn't a Glee appreciation thread so I can bring my opinion whether it's positive or negative and have every right to say what I want.

Oh and I'm still waiting on this supposed quote that St. Berry would be endgame if Finchel wasn't. Please amuse me and if it's not recent don't even bother because egging someone is not a sign of endgame. St. Berry was not painted as potential endgame in S1, it was the farthest thing from it. It was simply an obstacle to Finchel. That's all it ever has been.

Last edited by Radames; 03-13-2015 at 09:25 PM
Old 03-13-2015, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Not to be a Debbie Downer but I think Cory's death changed the way the show turned out. If they were going to have Rachel end with anyone, it would have been Finn IMO but that wasn't possible for obvious reasons. As a St. Berry fan, I'm thrilled that they got their chance but if I had to choose, I think Rachel should have ended up alone with her dreams. Since the very beginning, all fans care about is who Rachel/Lea is dating. I see 'fans' bash Lea now because of her personal life choices in the same way they bash Rachel for what she does. If there's anything ~poor about Glee, it's that.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane (View Post)
Not to be a Debbie Downer but I think Cory's death changed the way the show turned out. If they were going to have Rachel end with anyone, it would have been Finn IMO but that wasn't possible for obvious reasons. As a St. Berry fan, I'm thrilled that they got their chance but if I had to choose, I think Rachel should have ended up alone with her dreams. Since the very beginning, all fans care about is who Rachel/Lea is dating. I see 'fans' bash Lea now because of her personal life choices in the same way they bash Rachel for what she does. If there's anything ~poor about Glee, it's that.
That's not an opinion, that's a fact. Cory's death completely changed the landscape of the show. Finchel WAS endgame, your irrelevant little wish of having Rachel end alone would not have happened period. Your couple was an obstacle to Finchel, that's the fact. End of story. St. Berry was never ever going to have a shot at endgame.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:26 PM
Administrator

Well, the writing on this show has never really been all that good, but like I said earlier, I enjoyed the show for what it was, and I enjoyed the musical numbers and I especially enjoyed seeing some really talented people on my television screen every week.

This show, even at its best, was always campy and over the top, and over the years, Sue really came to grate on my nerves, because she did and said some really horrible things but she always got away with it. Last week's episode basically alluded to that, but I haven't found her funny in years, and I still hate how she framed Principal Higgins to get his job. That act marked a turning point for me with her, because that was downright malicious, and what she did was never exposed.

When they were putting the trophies back tonight and I saw that brief glimpse of Finn/Cory, I got choked up. I still feel saw awful about his passing.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

Seriously, Radames, learn how to not insult someone when disagreeing with them. It is possible to do.
Amy | visit The 100 | Icon: Voldara
Old 03-13-2015, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
That's not an opinion, that's a fact. Cory's death completely changed the landscape of the show. Finchel WAS endgame, your irrelevant little wish of having Rachel end alone would not have happened period. Your couple was an obstacle to Finchel, that's the fact. End of story. St. Berry was never ever going to have a shot at endgame.
Okay, enough. Don't call anyone's opinion irrelevant. I actually agree with some of the points you make, but demeaning another poster crosses the line.

Old 03-13-2015, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Finchel WAS endgame, your irrelevant little wish of having Rachel end alone would not have happened period.
Dude, enough with your insults. Didn't Jerry already address this? Wow.

Quote:
Well, the writing on this show has never really been all that good, but like I said earlier, I enjoyed the show for what it was, and I enjoyed the musical numbers and I especially enjoyed seeing some really talented people on my television screen every week.

This show, even at its best, was always campy and over the top, and over the years, Sue really came to grate on my nerves, because she did and said some really horrible things but she always got away with it. Last week's episode basically alluded to that, but I haven't found her funny in years, and I still hate how she framed Principal Higgins to get his job. That act marked a turning point for me with her, because that was downright malicious, and what she did was never exposed.

When they were putting the trophies back tonight and I saw that brief glimpse of Finn/Cory, I got choked up. I still feel saw awful about his passing.
I don't think you like Sue much.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm not a fan of Samchel, but the way jesse and rachel just randomly kissed was odd to me. Maybe it's just me but it felt forced. I felt they could have written it a little better.
I could feel everything he was feeling. I could feel his loneliness. For the first time I was really seeing Max Evans, I saw me as he saw me, and the amazing thing was, in his eyes, I was beautiful. - Liz Parker
Closed Thread   Post New Thread