Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2014, 04:54 PM
Absolute Fan

I agree, there was no reason and very unwise to graduate the original cast so early. Did they really think that Blaine, Sam and Tina could carry the show? And also, Artie…my favorite.

Avatar courtesy of: midnight_road.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by venusnv80 (View Post)
I agree, there was no reason and very unwise to graduate the original cast so early. Did they really think that Blaine, Sam and Tina could carry the show? And also, Artie…my favorite.
I think they were hoping the new characters they would introduce would gain acceptance. Especially since they had been hoping to have a spinoff so, if they had been able to...

Rachel, Finn, Kurt would be off on their adventure in New York completely off the show. With maybe Santana mixed in...

And have the some of the old characters mix with new characters...

But because they had to divide the show. And I largely liked the mix between stories, and cities, but it did mean one side got very unbalanced. And I largely think they broke up Finn and Rachel because they needed Finn for the Lima side.

If they had been able to do the spinoff, New York would have featured Finn and Rachel trying to make it work with Kurt as roommates.

Glee might have done better if they hadn't had to do a split focus...

But it's lot of What if's. Who knows.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-14-2014, 09:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

omg
Old 03-14-2014, 03:27 PM
Ultimate Fan

They made knock offs of the originals which was the first problem. They redid stories that we had already seen and no one was that interesting so of course they failed.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
They made knock offs of the originals which was the first problem. They redid stories that we had already seen and no one was that interesting so of course they failed.
Most shows will recreate new versions of what worked the first time. And Glee not the first show to reuse storylines. Pretty Little Liars is notorious for redoing stories, or plot lines. But it's still a hit.

I think it's major issue was it was trying to show the could live on without the main cast. Like Ryan is doing by reinventing American Horror Story with all new characters each season. Some of the same cast, but new characters... But because they weren't able to do the spinoff, they split the focus...and the imbalance showed.

But with Glee, it became such a mega success. People were too attached to the originals to think they could succeed without Lea, Chris and I do think Cory's death is the final knee the ratings.

The show wasn't doing as well but it was sorta holding a status quo until the aftermath of his death.
Old 03-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper1975 (View Post)
Most shows will recreate new versions of what worked the first time. And Glee not the first show to reuse storylines. Pretty Little Liars is notorious for redoing stories, or plot lines. But it's still a hit.
PLL never created knock offs of their original characters, nor have they redone storylines where it is so obvious you can just switch out characters and it be the same story. Plus PLL has suspense on its side. And usually when shows start recreating storylines (which usually isnt until like S6+ when they have run out of ideas) ratings usually start to dwindle.

There was nothing exciting or original about the newbies and the storylines just kept getting worse and wackier. Glee set itself up for failure.

Yeah we the viewers miss the originals but we had nothing to look foward to. If the show was still good and characters refreshing then the ratings probably would reflect that.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
PLL never created knock offs of their original characters, nor have they redone storylines where it is so obvious you can just switch out characters and it be the same story. Plus PLL has suspense on its side. And usually when shows start recreating storylines (which usually isnt until like S6+ when they have run out of ideas) ratings usually start to dwindle.

There was nothing exciting or original about the newbies and the storylines just kept getting worse and wackier. Glee set itself up for failure.

Yeah we the viewers miss the originals but we had nothing to look foward to. If the show was still good and characters refreshing then the ratings probably would reflect that.
I actually don't think they recreated the original characters. All of them are different enough. Marley is no way Rachel. Not the same type of character in the least. Kitty was a mash of both Quinn and Santana, but still enough of a difference. Unique is very Unique.

But fans were still too attached to the original crew, who mostly were still there but doing the NY storyline. And the shows were too inbalance, and while I still enjoyed the show and the singing. The show was too mega a hit to think it could reboot with a new young cast.

And course, Glee was a abnormal show in begin with. Every other attempt at that type of show failed. And Glee was a shocking surprise. So it was never going to be withstand that success...

They might have if they hadn't graduated the main cast so quickly. But who knows...but the ratings were already started to fall with the main cast still there.

And then Cory's death...

PLL is a different show, and yes they haven't tried to replace their cast but many of their storylines are slightly done differently, but cast of previous stories with usually a new main character as the lead in the story. And reveals are ripped apart.

Glee was trying to be a high school show until after the 100th episode, where they will go exclusive to NY for the foreseeable future. So you are often going to find similar stories. And given they were new characters, done differently.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-15-2014, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

Sounds good
Old 03-16-2014, 02:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Bridgerton
Heartstopper

This episode looks great!
Old 03-16-2014, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysCB (View Post)
This episode looks great!
I need that UT-number in mah life now

also, sort of excited over PQ, who would have thought we would actually get multiple scenes and a duet bb? But they will prob. end up screwing with us in the end

Puuuckky is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Chace look so good as a rich yale douche tbh.
Old 03-16-2014, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliina (View Post)
I need that UT-number in mah life now

also, sort of excited over PQ, who would have thought we would actually get multiple scenes and a duet bb? But they will prob. end up screwing with us in the end

Puuuckky is maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

Chace look so good as a rich yale douche tbh.
Nah no way they're gonna screw with us over Quick and Brittana. If anything Quick's definitely getting the "happily ever after" treatment, especially if you go through the next episode synopsis.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Songs are coming out: **** Yeah, Glee Club

Sneak peek http://naya-rivera.com/post/79878104...s-and-sabotage-
Biff is literally Nate and Chuck's love child

Last edited by Caliina; 03-17-2014 at 10:36 AM
Old 03-17-2014, 01:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Chris Colfer to Write ‘Glee’ Episode — Season 5 - TVLine
Closed Thread   Post New Thread