Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 08:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Gracias Bootie...

CW peeps for canceling Everwood<-----------

Shame! Well, I didn't watch because I know nothing about the show, but I did turn on my television and just let it run..in respect for the show. Heh.

I WANT to read the David S interview. If his answers are truly "surprising" and he disagrees with the current storyline, I'll send him love letters.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh
I think Lorelai feels that Luke doesn't love her at all anymore, though. Personally, I can see why she'd feel this way. If my fiance treated me like Luke treated Lorelai for months, I'd be questioning his feelings for me too. Of course, I know that Luke truly DOES love Lorelai, but he didn't show it very well after April came on the scene.
Whether her feelings are rational or not, I will leave to others, but I totally agree with you that she feels this way.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

The fact that she felt she had to ask Luke "do you love me" AND "do you care about me" all in the same 5 minute scene speaks volumes to me.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the link Bootie, continue on everyone.

Quote:
I WANT to read the David S interview. If his answers are truly "surprising" and he disagrees with the current storyline, I'll send him love letters.
I wouldn't go that far but I might like the guy.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Extreme Fan

The bottom line IMP: Why didn't she say something beforehand? That is what makes me dislike Lorelai in this situation. If she would have said from the get go .."Luke, I feel like our relationship no longer holds high priority in your life now. I know your consumed with April at the moment, but I need to know...etc..etc" and he would have continued to ignore her feelings, then I could understand her feeling as if he no longer loved her. Without her speaking up and asking him, I see her feelings as being almost selfish, especially when you take in the fact that he'd just met his 12 year old kid.

Quote:
Originally posted by Saranoh

The fact that she felt she had to ask Luke "do you love me" AND "do you care about me" all in the same 5 minute scene speaks volumes to me.
And then the fact that she ran to Chris 5 minutes afterwards just to feel validated. is just..is just...sick. Running to Chris makes me loose all feeling I have for Lorelai in this situation.

Damn, I want new spoilers! This talk hurts me. Heh.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Master Fan

She became Doormat!Lorelai. She spoke her mind in AVV, but what good did that do her? NOTHING changed. Luke's behavior continued as if the conversation never happened. He admitted that he tends to get preoccupied, and he should have made an effort to change that. His "it's who I am" in AVV does not hold water with me. He recognized that it was wrong, so WHY didn't he make an effort to change?
Old 06-05-2006, 08:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Do you really think Lorelai took that into consideration?

IMP, they both messed up BIG time. And both have to work their way back.

Oy.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Lorelai banging Chris IS sick, and it makes me feel even more sad for her. What happened to the "Wonder Woman" we saw in the earlier seasons? It was a pathetic act, and I can't hate the pathetic. I can merely pity the pathetic.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:54 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, I wish I could pity her but..it's Chris. It's Chris. *crosses fingers and toes in hope for some contrived dream sequence*

I'm more in the: let's smack her around a bit stage.

Though I could change my POV as s7 progresses.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Master Fan

I agree that she needs her comeuppance. Even so, I still feel for both of them in this situation.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Do you think she'll recieve any backlash from sleeping with Chris? That is if she actually did. Yeah, I'm in denial. Big time. Heh.

From the townies? Emily and Richard? Rory? Hmm?

I definitely think Emily and Rory will have something snarky to say towards her actions, but I doubt there will be any big separation in their relationships. Ooh, maybe Richard will be the one who lends a shoulder for Lorelai to cry one while Rory and Emily are stand off-ish. That would be nice, since Richard and Lorelai's scenes are great and their relationship this season and last has been pushed to the back burner big time
Old 06-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Master Fan

I have low expectations, so I'll settle for ONE major smackdown from someone who really cares about her.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Total Fan

I think they both need a good smack upside the head.

As for a smackdown for Lorelai - I don't think anyone who cares about her will be any harder on her than she'll be on herself.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

If Lorelai DOES pursue a relationship with Chris, a smackdown from Luke about is an absolute MUST.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for the thread Bootie.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread