Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shira81
Sorry to intrupt the topic but Tvguide says that DS gave some surprising answers and I wonder what the heck that is suppossed to mean?
He and Lauren Graham have professed their love for one another so DR has decided the only course of action is to allow their characters to ride off into the sunset as well.

Her Holiness Grand Bishop Ace
- Church of the JavaJunkies Witness'-
Old 06-05-2006, 07:47 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I think Lorelai was completely on board with Luke stepping up to the fatherhood plate - she told Sookie as much in the flower market. What seemed to transpire, though, was Luke spent less and less time with Lorelai as time went on, and he seemed unable to balance both aspects of his life.
IA Bootie, but even first time parents of newborne babies need more than six months to find the perfect balance in their lives. How many times have you read stories about new daddies feeling neglected cos their wives are so wrapped up in their babies? New mommies eat, drink, sleep BABY. Sometimes at the expense of giving hubby attention. It usually works itself out by six, nine months.

Can I ask what is up with Miss MaryJane in your avi? Some of Jackson's crop make a getaway?

Quote:
This was my second episode, much better than last week's. Did Mimoun write it or did Berlanti (is that his name?)?
Although very moving and sweet, the last few eps of Everwood weren't a good example of what the show was about. The writers had to excelerate storylines to bring closure so alot of it seemed forced. Believe me, the show on a whole was very well done. Not sure who wrote the finale or if it was a collaborative effort. But I know Mimoun LOVES romance and she wrote most of the schmoopy stuff.

avi by go clo
Old 06-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

Thanks for the new thread, Bootie.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Sorry to intrupt the topic but Tvguide says that DS gave some surprising answers and I wonder what the heck that is suppossed to mean?
Where did they say that? print or online?

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ciaobella
IA Bootie, but even first time parents of newborne babies need more than six months to find the perfect balance in their lives. How many times have you read stories about new daddies feeling neglected cos their wives are so wrapped up in their babies? New mommies eat, drink, sleep BABY. Sometimes at the expense of giving hubby attention. It usually works itself out by six, nine months.
Lorelai(or Luke for that matter) could not have known this, though. Lorelai raised Rory all by herself, so she did not anticipate Luke's struggle with finding balance. Plus, April is a teenager. She's well-adjusted, and she's at that age when children start to break away from their parents. Unlike a newborn baby, April doesn't need the constant attention. The problem is that Luke did not know this.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:55 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caf123
Where did they say that? print or online?
TVaddict said that Caf.

"Just thought I’d let everyone know that I had the great pleasure of interviewing DAVID SUTCLIFFE. this past Wednesday. David gave some really great, honest and unexpected answers to my questions. It was quite clear how much respect he has for the show that has made him famous, his fellow actors/actresses and most importantly, the fans. Check back next week to find out answers to some interesting questions, including:

David’s thoughts on Amy-Sherman Palladino’s exit.
His relationship with Lauren Graham
The evolution of Christopher
And most importantly, could Christopher take Luke down in a fight for Lorelai’s Love! "

Last edited by Shira81; 06-05-2006 at 08:02 PM
Old 06-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
TVaddict said that Caf.

"Just thought I’d let everyone know that I had the great pleasure of interviewing DAVID SUTCLIFFE. this past Wednesday. David gave some really great, honest and unexpected answers to my questions. It was quite clear how much respect he has for the show that has made him famous, his fellow actors/actresses and most importantly, the fans. Check back next week to find out answers to some interesting questions, including:

David’s thoughts on Amy-Sherman Palladino’s exit.
His relationship with Lauren Graham
The evolution of Christopher
And most importantly, could Christopher take Luke down in a fight for Lorelai’s Love! "
I hope he answers this honestly... as in "hell no, the guy could snap Christopher's neck with a LOOK!"

Old 06-05-2006, 08:19 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace5203
I hope he answers this honestly... as in "hell no, the guy could snap Christopher's neck with a LOOK!"
BWAHAHAHAHA!

Ahem. Luke and Lorelai are pretty.
Chocolate is good.
Carry on.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
TVaddict said that Caf.
Thanks, I knew that one. I thought someone wrote TVGuide, that maybe there was another interview out there or something.

Heaven only knows what they consider "surprising" answers. And the guy we really want to hear from, ain't talking yet. Bah.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaobella

Can I ask what is up with Miss MaryJane in your avi? Some of Jackson's crop make a getaway?
The big difference is, that even while most new daddies are neglected by their wives, they are in the childcare picture in some way - such as living under the same roof, feeding, changing diapers, rocking, walking the floor - but in L&L's case, Luke never gave Lorelai the chance, he just shut her out 100%. I think Lorelai would've happily accepted a reduced role in Luke's life, as long as she was at least included in his child's life in some way.

The avi.. um, yes. When it stops moving, it's time to roll and smoke.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Thanks, I knew that one. I thought someone wrote TVGuide, that maybe there was another interview out there or something.
That was me because I was miss informed by someone and then she changed what she told me.

Quote:
Heaven only knows what they consider "surprising" answers. And the guy we really want to hear from, ain't talking yet. Bah.
True, I don't know why but when Katie told me about the interview I felt my stomach drop. This was me Do we know when we will find out what he said?
Old 06-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Addicted Fan

When is this crazy interview coming out?

Old 06-05-2006, 08:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh
I'm not so sure that's true. With Luke, Lorelai wasn't even really second to April. She was more like a distant third, and Anna was second.
I don't know if Anna was 2nd, I pictured April and Anna as a package, kinda like Lorelai and Rory.

Ciaobella I agree April is a different part of Luke life, it's like saying a parent loves their ikd more than their partner. It's different love for different people.

Just in the same way Luke is the first man Lorelai loved but she still loves Chris as the father of Rory. Different kind of love, which is why C&L will not work.

ETA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh
Let me rephrase what I said :

Lorelai felt that she was a very distant third to April. The problem is that Luke never communicated about the situation to Lorelai. He compartmentalized everything without considering Lorelai's feelings. Lorelai can't expect Luke to read her mind, but he shouldn't expect her to read his either.
I agree with this to a degree but not third, second as April and Anna are a team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaobella
I would rather love a man who put his young child first, than one who would put me before his child. Not sure if anyone else understands that, but that's just me.
ITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace
He and Lauren Graham have professed their love for one another so DR has decided the only course of action is to allow their characters to ride off into the sunset as well.

Last edited by lancer1993; 06-05-2006 at 08:36 PM
Old 06-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace5203
When is this crazy interview coming out?
Sometime this week .
Old 06-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

I think Lorelai feels that Luke doesn't love her at all anymore, though. Personally, I can see why she'd feel this way. If my fiance treated me like Luke treated Lorelai for months, I'd be questioning his feelings for me too. Of course, I know that Luke truly DOES love Lorelai, but he didn't show it very well after April came on the scene.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread