Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Ultimate Fan

That was an amazing finale to Everwood. A show that should not be going off the air, but sadly is. That is how you end a show, nicely done.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:04 PM
Master Fan

Excellent finale of Everwood. Outstanding. Amazing. Brilliant.

I can't believe it was canceled. So unfair.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Addicted Fan

Brava Everwood! Anyone else bawl their eyes out for the last half hour? I'm going to miss this show...

Can't believe the CW would cancel this in favor of 7thH.

avi by go clo
Old 06-05-2006, 07:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

OT- I think CW should have cancled OTH instead of Everwood!
Old 06-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Total Fan

I agree LorIsShort4Lorelai, ok one more hour till Everwood here, everyone says its so good. I can't wait.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Ciaobella
But she should be happy next season, cos it looks like she's going to get the perfect man - the kind that puts her first above his kid. You go Lorelai.
I'm not so sure that's true. With Luke, Lorelai wasn't even really second to April. She was more like a distant third, and Anna was second.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Total Fan

Sadly, Everwood wasn't reaching the desired demographic - too broad, not the 18-24 young male college crowd. Pfffft. 7th Hell? Well, they had the highest WB ratings, same with GG - neither one has the desired demographic either, but it's hard to ignore the ratings. OTH might not have the ratings, but it does have the - ahem - titillation factor.

Quality is not the overriding consideration.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:25 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh
I'm not so sure that's true. With Luke, Lorelai wasn't even really second to April. She was more like a distant third, and Anna was second.
Oh c'mon you don't really feel that way. If it were true, than you have to say Lorelai put Chris before Luke, cos in the end she didn't forget about him like Luke wanted her to, and like she should have. Cos she made a bee-line right to his bed without even a second thought.

There is no "April first, Lorelai second". They took up two different parts of his life, and right now April had a bigger part cos she was new. All this, "Lorelai was here first", "Lorelai should be first" crap is childish and immature. I love my husband as much as I love my kids, but they exist in different places; and right now my minor child has precedent until she moves out on her own. I'm more responisible for her, I worry about her more, there is more to risk if I don't pay enough attention to her. And my husband is man enough and mature enough to feel the same way.

I would rather love a man who put his young child first, than one who would put me before his child. Not sure if anyone else understands that, but that's just me.

avi by go clo
Old 06-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Master Fan

Let me rephrase what I said :

Lorelai felt that she was a very distant third to April. The problem is that Luke never communicated about the situation to Lorelai. He compartmentalized everything without considering Lorelai's feelings. Lorelai can't expect Luke to read her mind, but he shouldn't expect her to read his either.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Ciaobella
But she should be happy next season, cos it looks like she's going to get the perfect man - the kind that puts her first above his kid. You go Lorelai.

Saranoh
Uhmm... did I go to the BB thread by accident?

Her Holiness Grand Bishop Ace
- Church of the JavaJunkies Witness'-
Old 06-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saranoh
Let me rephrase what I said :

Lorelai felt that she was a very distant third to April. The problem is that Luke never communicated about the situation to Lorelai. He compartmentalized everything without considering Lorelai's feelings. Lorelai can't expect Luke to read her mind, but he shouldn't expect her to read his either.
And there it is.....the same Tree of MisComunication. Amy loved that tree. She had a whole forest of them. Hopefully the new guy will take a bulldozer and raze the whole lot of them. She overused that plot device until it was dry.

avi by go clo
Old 06-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

I don't think for one second that Lorelai wants Luke to believe that she's more important than April. The problem is that at the moment, she doesn't even feel equal in importance to April. It may have been unintentional and there are some exceptions, but Luke cast Lorelai aside for the most part once April showed up. They should've dealt with the issue as a team, but Luke incorrectly felt that he should be on his own.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Total Fan

I understand it - and it can be a juggling act at times. Even in an established marriage, it takes work to maintain the right balance, so what chance did L&L have, really? Neither one has much experience in making room for a significant other, with an offspring in the picture.

I think Lorelai was completely on board with Luke stepping up to the fatherhood plate - she told Sookie as much in the flower market. What seemed to transpire, though, was Luke spent less and less time with Lorelai as time went on, and he seemed unable to balance both aspects of his life.

In the first half of the season, it appeared he had all but officially moved into the CS, and then in the second half he was shown there less and less. Even after the weekend in MV, he let her walk home by herself - why wasn't he going home with her, or why wasn't she staying over at the diner that night?

All part of the contrived plot.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaobella
Ok, watching Everwood right now. I see the future of GG and it's name is.....Rina Mimoun.......(hey, she uses alot of closeups!).
Just got back from watching Everwood finale. Promise I will NOT discuss spoilers, I know it's not reached the west coast yet.

This was my second episode, much better than last week's. Did Mimoun write it or did Berlanti (is that his name?)?

Oh and yes, they use close-ups, lol. But DR is still our showrunner.

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:42 PM
Total Fan

Sorry to intrupt the topic but TVaddict says that DS gave some surprising answers and I wonder what the heck that is suppossed to mean?

Last edited by Shira81; 06-05-2006 at 08:23 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread