Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2007, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Cappuccino my SPEC on the clothes is either some time passed, so maybe the next day or she had to change 'cause the kid through up on her (hard to tell from the promo).

ETA - or the continuity fairy's screwed up again?

As for ending up at Luke (my SPEC) it would explain how he knows plus on to of looking for Chris she had earlier in the day just had her first cup of Luke's coffee in some 8-9 months and wants more.

Maybe the coffee is the reason for the divorce

Last edited by lancer1993; 01-29-2007 at 05:13 AM
Old 01-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Cappuccino my SPEC on the clothes is either some time passed, so maybe the next day or she had to change 'cause the kid through up on her (hard to tell from the promo).

ETA - or the continuity fairy's screwed up again?

As for ending up at Luke (my SPEC) it would explain how he knows plus on to of looking for Chris she had earlier in the day just had her first cup of Luke's coffee in some 8-9 months and wants more.

Maybe the coffee is the reason for the divorce
It all comes down to the coffee He has the coffee, she needs the coffee

I read a spec from someone that he maybe goes to the Dragonfly again to thank her for the letter and to tell her how it went but he only meets Sookie or Michel there and they know where she is and tell him.
Or maybe he calls her to tell her how it went and she says where she is. I like the spec that she goes into the diner and gets the call from Rory there but I would think Luke would drive her to the hospital if he is present during the call. He wouldn't let her drive alone.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe we need a poll

But with a bit over 36 hours to go we'll find out most of the answers soon enough.

I like the Luke seeks out Lorelai spec also, calls or goes to the DFI. But I'm backing the "can't get enough of Luke's coffee spec"

Maybe Chris will sue Luke for the break up of the marriage and blame the coffee
Old 01-29-2007, 05:57 AM
Absolute Fan

If Luke shows up unannounced at the hospital, then one would assume he doesn't drive Lorelai there.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:01 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlynn (View Post)
If Luke shows up unannounced at the hospital, then one would assume he doesn't drive Lorelai there.
That's why I'm not going with the spec she is in the diner or near Luke when she gets the call because he would most likely drive her.

I'm still with you Craig on the she can't get enough off Luke's coffee though
Old 01-29-2007, 06:44 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappuccino (View Post)
That's why I'm not going with the spec she is in the diner or near Luke when she gets the call because he would most likely drive her.
I think she gets the call in the last scene of the ep. And since she just had an awful fight with Chris about Luke I highly doubt she will go at Luke's.
I really don't think we'll see her at Luke's for a while

Oh Craig, sorry to bother you again , could you change my vote for the second poll from 7.14 to after, please?
If she has to face the failure of her marriage with Chris in that episode, even if the reason is her feelings for Luke, I can't see her going there and have coffee and this convo:

Luke: hey...hi...you wanna sit...Coffee?
Lorelai: yes please...
Luke: how are you? you don't look ok...
Lorelai: oh I'm just separating from Chris because our marriage can't work. You know, I still have feelings for you.
Luke: oh right. Donuts?

I'm still weirded out by the new promo - plus I also saw the new Veronica Mars promo and my poor L/V shippy heart broke into pieces - of GG.
How come I feel that Lorelai is totally sincere with Chris in 7.12 and then, all of a sudded in 7.14 we get back to the "Lorelai's feelings for Luke have haunter her marriage with Chris since the beginning" point.
Maybe Luke's presence at the hospital makes her suddendly understand that what she had with him IS NOT over? I don't know. This plot is contrived and confusing for me.

And last but no least: ITA with Lauren Graham and her POV about ending the serie this year in a classy way. Which means that a baby Danes and Roryless 8th season would suck badly. Just what I think, for the Roryless part. Babydanes would be awesome but, honestly, it's not necessary.

My only concern is: Lorelai's gonna be alone for a little while before gettin' back with Luke. This means DR&Co should be able to wrap things up gracefully and satisgyingly within' few eps btw Luke and Lor.
If they write them the way they were in 7.11 that's highly possible - the scene at the DFI was amazing - but RRK is not gonna write every episode.
So in one way I agree with LG, but I just wonder how they'll be able to go for the classy solution, where none of us viewer will be left wondering what our favourite characters are doing.

Wilson: No, you're not afraid of authority, you're afraid she actually is right for you. You're afraid to take a chance, because it's too big a chance. If it doesn't work with her, then maybe there's no one out there.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Absolute Fan

My spec is that Lorelai gets the phone call from Rory right after Christopher leaves. (And only because that adds to the drama...but yeah, the same night C/L fight, Lorelai'll get the call.)

And if it's not obvious enough, she'll be getting the phone call while at home.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyJr3000 (View Post)
My spec is that Lorelai gets the phone call from Rory right after Christopher leaves. (And only because that adds to the drama...but yeah, the same night C/L fight, Lorelai'll get the call.)

And if it's not obvious enough, she'll be getting the phone call while at home.
I do agree with you on that!!
Maybe she won't get the call imediately after Chris storms off, but I do think that she will be at home.

Maybe Luke gets to know it from Babett who sees Lorelai run off the house in order to drive to the hospital.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Passionate Fan

I'm still for the spec that Luke goes personally to the DFI because he's over the moon with the court virdict and wants to thank Lorelai for writing the amazing letter that made it all possible.
He gets informed by Sookie or Michelle of what has happened to Richard and where Lorelai is.
Maybe he won't go to the DFI directly. I can see Luke processing the virdict and then, a few hours after, going there, get informed and appear unannounced at the hospital.

I'm not really excited for tomorrow episode - although the letter sounds great - but I'm really thrilled for 7.13.

Wilson: No, you're not afraid of authority, you're afraid she actually is right for you. You're afraid to take a chance, because it's too big a chance. If it doesn't work with her, then maybe there's no one out there.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

I can't handle being your second choice. I thought I can but I can't.

And still Lorelai has to take the blame for the mess they will be in You've gotta love the guy
No I'm looking forward to the episode. The letter, Luke's reaction to it, Anna's reaction to it, Chris reaction to it - bring it on I so want to see it.
Lorelai babysitting Davey - wonder what she's going to do with him and what the present is going to be. Thought right there. When she leaves the house in the DC she doesn't have something in her hand or did I just not see it ? So what does she bring him when she leaves the house with empty hands.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
What do we have on Rory ?

We only know she is at Yale when Richards collapses right ?

So that can happen when Lorelai is baby sitting early on in the day. They bring Richard into the hospital and then Rory calls her. She already had the fight with Chris so maybe it's in the afternoon.

But Lorelai wears different clothes in the hospital in 7.13 right ? So she had to change at one point. Boy too many questions here
In the DC, when Lorelai and Chris are fighting, it looks as if it's dark through the kitchen door window behind Chris. Maybe Richard's teaching an evening class? Lorelai could change into sweats after Chris storms out, and throw on different clothes after she gets the call.

ETA:I'm thinking Luke probably calls Lorelai to say thank you for the letter, and she tells him about Richard herself. There would be no expectations on her part that he'd show up at the hospital.

Icon by tv_lindy
Old 01-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
What do we have to fit into the timeline ?

Sookie coming over with the coffee so she can bribe her into babysitting Davey.
The dc scene with the flatscreen and Lorelai heading off towards Sookie.
Chris finding the letter, reading it while at the same time the court scene with Luke takes place.
Lorelai coming back from Sookie. The confrontation in the kitchen. Chris storming out.

What do we have on Rory ?

We only know she is at Yale when Richards collapses right ?
Rory is giving Lucy her letter. And Paris helps Rory get Lucy to forgive her.
without alcohol.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
I can't handle being your second choice. I thought I can but I can't.

And still Lorelai has to take the blame for the mess they will be in You've gotta love the guy

Quote:
No I'm looking forward to the episode. The letter, Luke's reaction to it, Anna's reaction to it, Chris reaction to it - bring it on I so want to see it.
Lorelai babysitting Davey - wonder what she's going to do with him and what the present is going to be. Thought right there. When she leaves the house in the DC she doesn't have something in her hand or did I just not see it ? So what does she bring him when she leaves the house with empty hands.
Oh maybe I got misunderstood. It's not the content of the episode that makes me wanna skip it and go directly to 7.13. It's just that the DC scene feels extremely slow. Unlike 7.11 - that I really like, 'cept for the uncessary long scene dedicated to the Band - this eps feels not as good as the others.
I'm sure it's going to be intense, but you cannot blame me for wanting to jump to 7.13

Old 01-29-2007, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by elduccia (View Post)

Oh maybe I got misunderstood. It's not the content of the episode that makes me wanna skip it and go directly to 7.13. It's just that the DC scene feels extremely slow. Unlike 7.11 - that I really like, 'cept for the uncessary long scene dedicated to the Band - this eps feels not as good as the others.
I'm sure it's going to be intense, but you cannot blame me for wanting to jump to 7.13
No I'm not blaming you since I can't wait to see it either. I mean Rebecca wrote that one, too and I totally liked 7.11. And of course there are a few other reasons why I want to see 7.13 like now

I'm not looking forward to seeing the lovey dovey I can finally put my plasma tv up scene since it looks kind of pointless judging from the DC but both promos look pretty good. Besides I like French Twist so I want to see if he is up for his second episode
Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 AM
New Fan

Hi everybody,

I'm a regular visitor to this board, but usually I don't participate to the discussions. Not because I don't have an opinion, but English isn't my mother language and I have some difficulties to find the exact formulations...

Anyway, I just want to thank you all, because this site is so super! You guys share and discuss every information you get, you make episode clips and you put them online, you bring up every line from every interview you find about our most beloved show.

So, I just wanted to post that. You are awsome!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread