Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Master Fan

Yep a vote for that title - I had my previous vote for the other one but I want this one instead.

Twitter: nlm78
Old 12-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom (View Post)
Actually I like this one - true about a lot of things not just GG

If there was any continuity in this show, which was thrown out the window a long time ago they would bring up the dating Luke discussion that L&R had many a time. In particular Rory telling Lorelai "you can't date Luke, what happens if you break up? Changes everything" speech. Because that would make them both realise how much their situation has changed even though they said it wouldn't.
I agree Rory (Amy) knew this was back in ep 1.02 and it came up in the first break up 'cause things had changed and she avoided the diner, we had the ribbons and Taylor. But this year things don't seem to have changed for the town in general, or Rory. We saw her go to the diner, see Lane and get food to go and IMO she has been there since, we just haven't seen it. The only person it has affected this time is Lorelai.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:30 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGMinn (View Post)
That's all I'm saying. It isn't a bad thing!!!!!!

It would be a little weird if the gruff loner took an interest into Rory solely because of Rory, who he has nothing in common with. It's a good thing that Lorelai was a mediator.
Oh, I agree. I don't really care that Luke figured out that Rory was a cool kid because of Lorelai. I think the problem some people have due to their dislike of Luke is that Rory cold possibly have fond memories of Luke and maybe even still think he's an okay guy. I'm not someone who thinks that there was some father/daughter bond. But I also don't think that Rory has just forgotten everything that Luke ever did for her and Lorelai just because she went away to school and he and her mom broke up.

ETA: I'm voting for Lauren's suggestion. We would like some casting sides. Now. Show us the fax.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:31 AM
Master Fan

Titles are tied. Any more votes? Any lurkers out there?

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:33 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmelodie (View Post)
Oh, I agree. I don't really care that Luke figured out that Rory was a cool kid because of Lorelai. I think the problem some people have due to their dislike of Luke is that Rory cold possibly have fond memories of Luke and maybe even still think he's an okay guy. I'm not someone who thinks that there was some father/daughter bond. But I also don't think that Rory has just forgotten everything that Luke ever did for her and Lorelai just because she went away to school and he and her mom broke up.
But that's not the point. As I said earlier (although maybe not clearly enough) the only people who are saying this is a negative thing about Luke are the ones who are arguing it's not true. I personally have no dislike of Luke. And I don't think Sandlynn is a Luke-hater either. But that doesn't mean we have to worship at the alter of saint Luke.

Yes, Luke has had an impact on Rory. But saying that he was like a father to her would be a rewrite of history. (I realize you're not saying that, but the reason this was brought up was a spec/fear that the WRITERS through Lorelai's letter would say that.)
without alcohol.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:35 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkirk7 (View Post)
But that's not the point. As I said earlier (although maybe not clearly enough) the only people who are saying this is a negative thing about Luke are the ones who are arguing it's not true.

Yes, Luke has had an impact on Rory. But saying that he was like a father to her would be a rewrite of history. (I realize you're not saying that, but the reason this was brought up was a spec/fear that the WRITERS through Lorelai's letter would say that.)
But I don't see this happening considering Rory's comment early in the season (can't remember which ep) about not being in the habit of calling people her dad who weren't.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:38 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caf123 (View Post)
Titles are tied. Any more votes? Any lurkers out there?

The "Spoiler a Day" title that I suggested is my vote.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well we don't know yet what DSR has planned for Luke, how will the girls talk about Luke and what will Lorelai write that pisses Chris off and might be part of the reason for the break up.

I feel sorry for Emily, she has wanted this longer than the other girls and it will be over in a matter of months, will she turn on Lorelai again or back her in her choice, and what will happen when Luke comes back into the family picture.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Well we don't know yet what DSR has planned for Luke, how will the girls talk about Luke and what will Lorelai write that pisses Chris off and might be part of the reason for the break up.

I feel sorry for Emily, she has wanted this longer than the other girls and it will be over in a matter of months, will she turn on Lorelai again or back her in her choice, and what will happen when Luke comes back into the family picture.
You feel more sorry for Emily than Rory?
without alcohol.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)

That is something I'm curious about. What will R/E reaction be when C/L get divorced?
Old 12-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkirk7 (View Post)
You feel more sorry for Emily than Rory?
Well sometimes.

Rory IMO will get over it 'cause she may not be in to this as much are it appears. Yes she will be hurt also but IMO not on the same level as Emily.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Master Fan

NEW THREAD

Lorelai, about her dog: He's totally fine having his personal freedoms slowly stripped away,
as long as he's completely unaware that it's happening - just like a true American.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread