Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsher (View Post)
What's wrong with "getting some" in the room if both wanted it? Don't be jealous.
Yep very nice behaviour at your grand parents vows thing, maybe they should have just stole a limo or something to finish off the night
Old 12-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
In Roy’s graduation, she said the person she aspired to be like most was her mother. I think the fact that her mother kissed a guy first and he loved it gave her the courage to try it herself. Heck, if it worked for her mom why not her, after all she is a Gilmore Girl and “who could not like being kissed by a Girlmore Girl”?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlynn (View Post)
Exactly. He gave her the confidence she needed.
I don’t see it as Christopher giving Rory the confidence to show Logan how she felt about him. I saw it as Christopher sharing a story that Rory had never heard, about her mother’s boldness and courage in taking charge of a situation and doing something that she wanted to do regardless of the other person’s reaction.

The fearlessness of her mother and the response it achieved, gave her the inspiration and confidence to try it herself, not her father.

Quote:
I don’t think that her father gave her the self esteem to go show Logan how she felt about him. It was the fact that any man would love being kissed by a Gilmore Girl that gave her the courage to try it herself. I think she also would have had the courage to kiss Logan if another man who was involved with her mother, other than her father, told her the same thing, e.g. Max or Jason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlynn
So any man would do, huh? Any man would have the same meaning to Rory as her father?
Rory loves her dad. There is no doubt about that and no man can ever replace him. Rory wanted a way to express to Logan how she felt about him and didn’t know how to do so. In an indirect way, she was gaging her dad’s response to her mother’s first kiss to determine what would happen if she took the initiative and kissed Logan. It’s a good thing that her father was present for once during one of her dilemmas to answer her question.

My statement was by no means to question what Christopher means to Rory as a father but to say that I could see Rory asking the same question to one of her mom’s ex boyfriends (Max or Jason) if the situation was reversed because she was discretely searching for a second opinion on how to approach Logan. It just so happened to be Christopher.

Christopher did not give her confidence, she was inspired from the story he shared about her mother and gained the confidence herself to change the situation.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ggObsessed (View Post)
I don’t see it as Christopher giving Rory the confidence to show Logan how she felt about him. I saw it as Christopher sharing a story that Rory had never heard, about her mother’s boldness and courage in taking charge of a situation and doing something that she wanted to do regardless of the other person’s reaction.

The fearlessness of her mother and the response it achieved, gave her the inspiration and confidence to try it herself, not her father.
Yes, but the story was told to her by her father, not Lorelai. And he, not Lorelai, is the one that can tell her that no one wouldn't like being kissed by a Gilmore girl. It's all a collective effort. Told to her by her father.
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Yep very nice behaviour at your grand parents vows thing, maybe they should have just stole a limo or something to finish off the night
Do people who join the mile high club have to hijack the plane to "finish off the night"? Part of the thrill is the inappropriateness.

If they weren't interrupted, they would have gone as far as they both felt comfortable going, they would have dressed, gone back out to the party, and had a nice "I've got a secret smile" for the rest of the night.
Fan Forum Hero

Hottest kiss Sophie kisses Jews and Chinese food, and PF, I also think the kiss after Welcome to the Dollhouse after the I love you is pretty hot
Old 12-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Lancer1993, you have a PM from me.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahLovesLogan (View Post)
Do people who join the mile high club have to hijack the plane to "finish off the night"? Part of the thrill is the inappropriateness.

If they weren't interrupted, they would have gone as far as they both felt comfortable going, they would have dressed, gone back out to the party, and had a nice "I've got a secret smile" for the rest of the night.
Well there is that but what would Miss Manners think!

Can't be any worse than doing it on the balcony
Old 12-16-2006, 08:46 PM
Master Fan

Totally OT to this discussion - but who here wishes the old EPB would return? Everytime i hear a movie trailer or hear his voiceover in The Holiday I realise how much I miss that guy

Twitter: nlm78
Old 12-16-2006, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

Has it ever been discussed that Rory's conception must have been a very very cold moment? Her b-day being sometime in October she would have been conceived Jan/Feb-ish. No wonder it only lasted two minutes. brr.
without alcohol.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkirk7 (View Post)
Has it ever been discussed that Rory's conception must have been a very very cold moment? Her b-day being sometime in October she would have been conceived Jan/Feb-ish. No wonder it only lasted two minutes. brr.
Probably happened during an ad break on TV, giving them time to dressed and get back to the TV

Hi Nadine, I miss the EPB we can always rely on him to twist the facts, this season we have just had half the story, most of the time missing the Rory SL completely!
Old 12-16-2006, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
The words of someone who hasn't had the pleasure of experiencing this "inappropriatness."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahLovesLogan (View Post)

Fun - isn't it?
Old 12-16-2006, 09:02 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Rory/Jess in LTGB. Which I hate to have to acknowledge (the latter one).
Aw, its ok to acknowledge that Jess and Rory shared some hot kisses, lemon.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossipcom (View Post)
Totally OT to this discussion - but who here wishes the old EPB would return? Everytime i hear a movie trailer or hear his voiceover in The Holiday I realise how much I miss that guy
His name is Hal Douglas and he lives in Northern Virginia.

Promos and such were way better with his voiceover.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I refuse to talk about my person life on this or any thread, this is not about me it's about Rory's actions, Like mother like daughter.

Would Luke ever put Lorelai in that position? (out side certain fanfic's)

ETA - wow everyone is coming out today, Hi Jim

I guess Hal or anyone can only read what they are told so we can't blame then for the crappy promo's
Old 12-16-2006, 09:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet1945 (View Post)
His name is Hal Douglas and he lives in Northern Virginia.

Promos and such were way better with his voiceover.
I know his name is Hal and his history, I was just stating about EPBs in general his was much better than the current one CW is using.

Hell we're getting more US trailers than localised trailers these days, so it means we get 20 ads with Hal's v/o instead of our local guy anymore. That's what happens when a new FTA is reached. Heh.

Twitter: nlm78
Closed Thread   Post New Thread