Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 09:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Considering I gave up on JAG, X-Files, Who's the Boss, and Friends long before their endings because
they stretched out the romance SO-O-O-O-O long that I got bored. I don't consider any of these benchmark shows for fan satisfaction.
ITA It gets to a point where the end game isn't worth it anymore. Too many obstacles and contrivances just make it very annoying to watch. I also stopped watching all those shows because the payoff wasn't worth the aggravation. The only difference with GG I had access to spoilers which probably made me hang in longer.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiediaz (View Post)
I completely agree with every word of this. Granted, I'll be the first to admit that while I did enjoy LL back in the day, I was open to the journey. Please don't shoot me for saying this, but I like DS, and I used to like Chris (no throwing rotten tomatoes either! I said I used to like...), I was willing to play along the little sl for them to kind of tie that loose end, and get on with the program.

They made the $h*t worse. Why would DSR do that KNOWING it was the girls' last season under a 7 year contract, and that they weren't excited to go into an 8th. Granted, it seems they "placated" LG by allowing her more voice in her character and the producer credit, but that doesn't mean they could try to pull a 2+ season storyline in what could possibly the the one last season. Only 22 episodes. Why? There was so much more to be done between both the girls, the Gilmore's relationships with one another, especially ER and Lorelai. And both LL actually WORKING through their issues, showing RL flourish inside and outside their relationship. Why? Are they that stupid that they couldn't do the math?
ITA(besides the Chris stuff - but no tomato throwing from me ) You'd think DSR would have learned from Amy that bluffing doesn't always work.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiediaz (View Post)
I completely agree with every word of this. Granted, I'll be the first to admit that while I did enjoy LL back in the day, I was open to the journey. Please don't shoot me for saying this, but I like DS, and I used to like Chris (no throwing rotten tomatoes either! I said I used to like...), I was willing to play along the little sl for them to kind of tie that loose end, and get on with the program.

They made the $h*t worse. Why would DSR do that KNOWING it was the girls' last season under a 7 year contract, and that they weren't excited to go into an 8th. Granted, it seems they "placated" LG by allowing her more voice in her character and the producer credit, but that doesn't mean they could try to pull a 2+ season storyline in what could possibly the the one last season. Only 22 episodes. Why? There was so much more to be done between both the girls, the Gilmore's relationships with one another, especially ER and Lorelai. And both LL actually WORKING through their issues, showing RL flourish inside and outside their relationship. Why? Are they that stupid that they couldn't do the math?
I think that about sums it up.

avi by go clo
Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Are they that stupid that they couldn't do the math?
Sookie did the math!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Ashley (View Post)
Don't lose hope guys! I think it'll play out fine. And if there's still a chance for an 8th season, then there's still hope for a fantabulous wedding. RIGHT?
RIGHT. It can't any worse than what it was after Partings. 50-50 is not bad odds.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

What happened? Was there a DB error and you stopped posting?

They are filming 7.21 now, which i take it to mean that whether there is s8 or not we will see LL together for the episodes planned like the previous spoiler said, and only the proposal depends on s8, right?

I wish someone could say when LL get back together. I know, i ask too much.

Thanks craig for the spoiler.

KB
Old 03-30-2007, 12:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

At this point I'm just hoping they are together, which is looking really good. I doubt a proposal will happen, unless it's really quick and before the graduation. But how cruel will it be for L&L to get engaged and have Logan turned down around that same time, I feel for the Sophies.

I really think (and this is SPEC) that L&L will be together before graduation, Luke will be 100% (well 99%) okay with Chris showing up again, he would probably be more surprised if he doesn't. I really don't want the season final to be L&L just getting back together and Rory bouncing back from the split with Logan.

Now where are those other ep 21 spy pic's?
Old 03-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
I really think (and this is SPEC) that L&L will be together before graduation, Luke will be 100% (well 99%) okay with Chris showing up again, he would probably be more surprised if he doesn't. I really don't want the season final to be L&L just getting back together and Rory bouncing back from the split with Logan.
That's my spec too.

I hope we get the ep. description today. oy we need something to make the hiatus go by faster!

KB
Old 03-30-2007, 01:00 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Yay, happy thoughts right before I go to sleep!!

I hope they're together sooner than 7.22 too. (who doesn't??) As much as I want to see LL all the time, I do want the finale to be more than the girls' love lives. Like others have said--we need E/R to be dealt with. I'd love to see E/R come to some sort of understanding w/ Lorelai--need to see something there. Plus, I really want to see E/R's reaction if LL were reunited by Rory's graduation. This hiatus feels far too long. Hopefully when I wake up there will be an episode description!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Ultimate Fan

Since I voted 7.19 for the first kiss, they are going to be more in 7.20. Either tentatively because both are still a bit scared or they are going full force because they already lost so much time.
A proposal in 7.21 would be cruel in a way since RL don't make it but from my position - I want one But 7.22 sounds good to me too since 21 is about Rory's graduation and Luke should have his moment.

Last edited by Cappuccino; 03-30-2007 at 01:18 AM
Old 03-30-2007, 01:12 AM
Addicted Fan

If anyone is interested, my friend and I saw some filming at USC today. I posted about it on the RL thread here, since most of it is Rory/Logan or Rory related.

Last edited by ABitStormy; 03-30-2007 at 01:21 AM
Old 03-30-2007, 01:16 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks all for the spoilers and info.
Don't know what to think. Everwood endig. Hmm. I absolutely LOVED Everwood and thought the ending was ok. Rushed, but cute. The kind of ending what would make me want to watch the show again. Unlike Felicity that I haven't watch since it ended.
I do think that LL will be together a couple of episodes, though.

50/50 are pretty good odds IMO. Not as good as 100/0, but it could be worse. Anyone for camping outside whereever AB lives until she caves?? LOL

My gut feeling is that they are know already and somehow I think it will return, but until we hear otherwise I'm gonna watch as it's the last season *sad*.

IF this is the last season, I can't for the life of me figure out why they would have R/L breakup. That's just plain mean. Mean!!

We already know that eg. House, Prison Break, Lost and Grey's Anatomy (yes!!) are coming back. So it's very annoying that we won't hear (maybe I think sooner) about GG until May. Unless of course it's because they are fighting like crazy to get it to come back and it turns out good :-))

DSR must be quite the gambler. If the knew for sure that S7 was the last one, why on earth have the C/L whoohaa go on. He must have known something or be a serious gampler..oh what the h*ll, maybe just plain stupid.

God, I'm rampling. I don't feel to good, maybe I should just get back to bed ...

"You do kind of feel like they are equally matched and they both kind of have a very similar heart and similar passions and that they are destined to be together again." ~Jayma Mays
WillEmma
Old 03-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hey check this out He was an extra on the show a couple of times and contacted me via you tube because he was the guy in the bookshop Paris yelled at in 7.14 and wanted that clip. Because I am I so I had to ask some questions and he didn't want to type it so he made the video.

Thanks ABitStormy

Oh my god - horses and a carriage. Were are the 1000 yellow daisies and the tights
The bit about SanFan sounds interesting. Maybe they ship him off there.

Quote:
We tried really hard to get the title of the episode, but the crew only kept telling us the number. And when asked about season eight, a crew guy said, "We don't know yet." Then a girl standing by said, "Is that true or are you just TELLING us that?" and he said, "Maybe!" and rode off on his bike.
Dude is cool

Last edited by Cappuccino; 03-30-2007 at 01:32 AM
Old 03-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks craig, and ABitStormy - and everyone else!!!

An ending like Everwood? Well, I never watched Everwood but many of my friends did - and they were not that thrilled about the end!

But since "Master Cappu" forbade to even look back to the dark side - I won't do it!
I'm a fine student!

white horses?
nice idea!

But the news about:
Quote:
When they wrapped for the night Matt and Alexis hugged
however lets me look at the dark side - because - it seems like an "Far well" - not like an "Good by".
Old 03-30-2007, 02:05 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bee (View Post)
Thanks craig, and ABitStormy - and everyone else!!!

An ending like Everwood? Well, I never watched Everwood but many of my friends did - and they were not that thrilled about the end!

But since "Master Cappu" forbade to even look back to the dark side - I won't do it!
I'm a fine student!
Good girl I only saw two maybe three episodes of Everwood and it put me to sleep almost every time so no not a tv show to my likings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bee (View Post)
white horses?
nice idea!

But the news about:

however lets me look at the dark side - because - it seems like an "Far well" - not like an "Good by".
If it's the last episode for Matt it was a good bye since they have one episode left of shooting.
I wonder if he'll be back next season for his 13 episodes. Maybe RL stay friends or Rory just says no because it's not the right time for them. They can work things out next season. So many questions and no answers so far.

ETA

Is it just me or does icq not work today ? It's not connecting.

Last edited by Cappuccino; 03-30-2007 at 02:14 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread