Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Extreme Fan

Don't lose hope guys! I think it'll play out fine. And if there's still a chance for an 8th season, then there's still hope for a fantabulous wedding. RIGHT?
Old 03-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyCerts (View Post)
But it would have been nice to actually SEE it....not just imagine how it will be for LL......
But very few t.v. programs actually show us the whole package--JAG didn't, Remington Steele didn't, X-Files didn't, Who's the Boss didn't (really), and Friends didn't with Ross and Rachel. Like it or not, television shows aren't in the business of showing us the whole package, just getting the couple to the beginning.

And seriously? We're getting a freakin' cornucopia of happy ending compared to the R/L fans.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

Even if it plays out fine....it doesn´t erase one crappy year with crappy SLs.....
Old 03-29-2007, 08:38 PM
nst
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CineFille (View Post)
But very few t.v. programs actually show us the whole package--JAG didn't, Remington Steele didn't, X-Files didn't, Who's the Boss didn't (really), and Friends didn't with Ross and Rachel. Like it or not, television shows aren't in the business of showing us the whole package, just getting the couple to the beginning.

Happy Days did
x-files had a good ending - it was implied and really sweet
as for Friends I loved Chandler and Monica's ending - but you are right Ross and Rachel were bad
Felcity had a great ending
Who's the boss had a horrible ending
Old 03-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst (View Post)
and we bury DSR in the backyard
Under the birdbath...
Old 03-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's fun how I can post on TWoP under a different name ('cause they banned my normal account) and make comment about my own post here
Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosefurcoat (View Post)
Under the birdbath...

nst I can't be that old if I can't remember how some of those shows ended LOL
Old 03-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

And seriously? We're getting a freakin' cornucopia of happy ending compared to the R/L fans.
Considering that Ross and Rachel had the most reviled ending in television history, I don't think it's a good idea to compare them to L/L.

avi by go clo
Old 03-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
It's fun how I can post on TWoP under a different name ('cause they banned my normal account) and make comment about my own post here
I thought that was you! heh.

Thanks for the spoiler info.

The thing that bugs me about this "Everwood ending" is that, unlike Everwood, everyone in the entire GG universe knew that this was likely the last season because the girls' contracts were up and AB never seemed keen on continuing. But DR and the producers just blundered ahead wasting more than half the season on the dopey Dopey storyline when they could have been writing better storylines for Rory, or Lorelai and her parents, and of course, getting L/L back on track and showing us a little of the middle.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

Heh. ciaobella, I think you and I are carrying on two different debates in two different forums under four different screen names.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess I'm an oddball LOL. I liked the FRIENDS ending. Yeah it was a rush job, when it shouldn't have been. But I liked it. It was nice, sweet, romantic and suspenseful for Ross and Rachel. And considering they already had a child together, they had more than most couples have in a show's run.

Which is why I hope Gilmore Girls doesn't end. And uses a final season to tie up loose ends.

But if it does end! It might look to be a rush. But I think Luke and Lorelai can have some good moments either way. And knowing the ended in a good place.

But I do hope it comes back. I am not ready to say good-bye. But both Gilmore Girls would have to be part of it. Lorelai and Rory!

ETA:
Quote:
The thing that bugs me about this "Everwood ending" is that, unlike Everwood, everyone in the entire GG universe knew that this was likely the last season because the girls' contracts were up and AB never seemed keen on continuing. But DR and the producers just blundered ahead wasting more than half the season on the dopey Dopey storyline when they could have been writing better storylines for Rory, or Lorelai and her parents, and of course, getting L/L back on track and showing us a little of the middle.
I agree, the should have known there was a chance of it ending this year. Given the nature of the contracts. And the fact it's not year two. It was year 7. So the girls likely are tired and wouldn't mind a change. So they should have planned it differently, but kept threads open in case it wasn't the end.

But all that matters is that it's a good ending. Whether rushed or not!

If it does end!
Old 03-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Considering I gave up on JAG, X-Files, Who's the Boss, and Friends long before their endings because
they stretched out the romance SO-O-O-O-O long that I got bored. I don't consider any of these benchmark shows for fan satisfaction.

BTW, Remington Steele screwed up their ending so badly that they attempted to repair the damage with three 2 hour movies to tidy up the romance.

As for Friends, I would get bored every few years and take a break from the show for a couple of years. Then start watching again. I did watch Monica and Chandler toward the end and loved them As for Ross and Rachael I so over them years ago that I actually wanted them to NOT end up together because a couple that dysfunctional probably won't last a year and I felt for their daughter.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by voncey (View Post)
I do agree. At the very least, he could have shortened the CL marraige. Or have Christopher proposing and Lorelai saying no be the climax, somewhere in the first half of the season. But, it is what it is, and I'm going to hold onto every grain of 8th season hope until we get word. Because I WANT THAT WEDDING.

ETA: I'm watching Pulp Friction and I re-discovered one of my absolute favorite Lorelai lines: "I am putting my number on speed-dial, so all you have to do is press one, see, cause like, 'I'm number one'" LOVE the way she says it!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I thought that was you! heh.
Sheeeeee...!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by voncey (View Post)
I completely agree with every word of this. Granted, I'll be the first to admit that while I did enjoy LL back in the day, I was open to the journey. Please don't shoot me for saying this, but I like DS, and I used to like Chris (no throwing rotten tomatoes either! I said I used to like...), I was willing to play along the little sl for them to kind of tie that loose end, and get on with the program.

They made the $h*t worse. Why would DSR do that KNOWING it was the girls' last season under a 7 year contract, and that they weren't excited to go into an 8th. Granted, it seems they "placated" LG by allowing her more voice in her character and the producer credit, but that doesn't mean they could try to pull a 2+ season storyline in what could possibly the the one last season. Only 22 episodes. Why? There was so much more to be done between both the girls, the Gilmore's relationships with one another, especially ER and Lorelai. And both LL actually WORKING through their issues, showing RL flourish inside and outside their relationship. Why? Are they that stupid that they couldn't do the math?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread