Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2011, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondmolls (View Post)
I'm disappointed today wasn't better.
it could have been with so much more buildup imo. and then the montage at the end! gh used to have the best ones on daytime. yesterday's seemed way too contrived/forced. the last crisis i even remember watching was when michael got shot, which was so intense and emotional... and this was not. i thought the best scene was liz unfolding jake's clothes though. reminded me of liz giving carly michael's clothes when he was shot. too bad they didn't give becky the opportunity to be as fluid as she could have been. i mean, they could have easily cut the luke and sonny scenes and yea. whatevs.
Old 03-19-2011, 09:25 AM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umgirl (View Post)
BUt for GH, IA, it played a lot better than expected. I did think they'd show us Jake laying there or something nasty.
Glad they didn't.

JJ and Becky were just absolutely PHENOMENAL.
Old 03-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

i agree this storyline is sad & ugh gh used to be way better. jj & becky & steve burton did great acting yesterday.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
@SoapDigest An insider reports that GH's Tyler Christopher was let go on Friday.
I wish TC luck, but he seems so bored with GH these days. He has that pilot that got picked up, too.

beth ||tumblr || icon|| rip chadwick boseman

Last edited by lovely elizabeth; 03-19-2011 at 08:16 PM
Old 03-19-2011, 08:28 PM
New Fan

Was he let go or did he leave on his own? I seem to remember Tyler saying that his contract was up in six months and depending on the material he received would mean the difference between leaving or staying. And that quote from TC was probably about 6 months ago.

I can see why he's bored with the show. Since Emily died he really hasn't been involved in anything really interesting. (I don't count his affair with Liz as interesting.)
Old 03-19-2011, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I can see why he's bored with the show. Since Emily died he really hasn't been involved in anything really interesting. (I don't count his affair with Liz as interesting.)
Yeah, I don't blame him. The Niz stuff, ehh I think it was one of the final straws for TC with the backlash & the PTB didn't help him.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I would be surprised if he was outright fired, especially after the Becky mess. I could see it being a mutual thing- I was pretty sure he wouldn't re-sign at the end of this contract, he even hinted at as much in recent interviews.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:12 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I would be surprised if he was outright fired, especially after the Becky mess. I could see it being a mutual thing- I was pretty sure he wouldn't re-sign at the end of this contract, he even hinted at as much in recent interviews.
Good point. Maybe the producers saw his hinting as not renewing and decided to beat him to the punch. I could definitely see TPTB doing that, but there's always a chance it was mutual.

We'll probably see an official statement within the next few days.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

Why don't they just put these people on recurring instead of firing them? I understand that Becky was not being utilized, she was being treated like a recurring. So instead of firing her, put her on recurring.

Now they let TC go, who probably doesn't want to be there to begin with based on his comments on whether he'd re-sign or not. But still for the viewers, put him on recurring so the audience could still know he exists.

What ever happened to the Cassadine arc they had planned?

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
Coco Chanel
Icon: http://split-loyalties.livejournal.com/
Old 03-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think it disappeared in Guza's gnat-like attention span. Why doesn't HE ever get fired? Seriously. Every time the ratings crash or ANOTHER story is critically panned, I hope. And nothing. GH has NEVER been afraid to fire head writers for far less than this before- why have we been inflicted with him for so long?
Old 03-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's confirmed now.

Quote:
SID twitter:

Breaking news... And on a weekend no less. The Tyler Christopher (Nikolas) rumor has been confirmed. He's been let go from #GH.
Good luck to TC.

Old 03-20-2011, 06:25 PM
MST Manager

Tyler seemed completely like he wanted to be anywhere BUT on GH lately.

Personally, they don't really need to recast (again) Nikolas for me. I can do without the character.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good luck to tyler, has been liking him better since the NIZ storyline was ended.

Quote:
What ever happened to the Cassadine arc they had planned?
was thinking the same thing. Only thing I can hope for from this is that the paternity of adien will come out.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 03-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

Wish Tyler all the luck in the world!

twitter|andysmcnally|fyeahsamandandy|fyeahandymcnally
Old 03-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

There were pics of TC on Friday with some of the other guys on the show and he looked quite happy.... guess he was relieved to be fired from GH.

-Hannah
Closed Thread   Post New Thread