Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2015, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
Felicity is one of the most sexist people in Flarrow so I'm not surprised tbh.
I don't watch Arrow regularly and only seen a few clips of Felicity. She seems alright..... but I'm not fully acquainted with her. What kind of sexist things does she say?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 04-14-2015, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Extended promo
Thanks!

At the rate they are going, I don't know how they are going to resolve this Harrison Wells thing this season or is there so little to the story that once they all agree he's RF, he's suddenly wearing the suit and acting evil?
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by london grammar (View Post)
I don't watch Arrow regularly and only seen a few clips of Felicity. She seems alright..... but I'm not fully acquainted with her. What kind of sexist things does she say?
The constant mouthing off about "not being like other girls" or "not being that blond" or "not dressing like a prostitute"....she drops a lot of casually sexist lines meant to put down other girls and to show how superior she is.

Same gross stuff that fuels the misogyny in her fanbase to hate on every other Flarrow woman to prop her up.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Well, since we're posting gifs...

lol

Quote:
Since Mason never got to talk to Iris about Wells in 1.16, I kinda wonder if next ep Wells is gonna pull one over Barry by "luring" Iris....which should be simple since she thinks he's the good guy that saved Barry's life.
Well, not entirely. Remember her and Mason had a previous conversation about whether or not Wells wanted the PA to explode. That was the same episode Iris found out about Ronnie, which lead to her telling Mason that was going to help him figure out what was going on at SL. Maybe the writers finally remembered that.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 PM
Master Fan

Aw... regardless of the writing, Grant and Candice have such sweet chemistry.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:35 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Well, not entirely. Remember her and Mason had a previous conversation about whether or not Wells wanted the PA to explode. That was the same episode Iris found out about Ronnie, which lead to her telling Mason that was going to help him figure out what was going on at SL. Maybe the writers finally remembered that.
Yeah, but he didn't mention Wells specifically. Iris obviously thinks well of Caitlin/Cisco and they were part of creating the project, so I doubt she suspects Wells of being evil or dangerous.

If Wells decides to lure Iris into a trap, it would be incredibly easy thanks to Barry/Joe/Eddie being dumbasses.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Aw... regardless of the writing, Grant and Candice have such sweet chemistry.
Seriously. The show moved on to Ray and his shenanigans and I was still thinking about their chemistry in that scene. So good.

Quote:
Yeah, but he didn't mention Wells specifically. Iris obviously thinks well of Caitlin/Cisco and they were part of creating the project, so I doubt she suspects Wells of being evil or dangerous.

If Wells decides to lure Iris into a trap, it would be incredibly easy thanks to Barry/Joe/Eddie being dumbasses.
Yeah, he did. He questioned whether or not Wells was a good guy, leading Iris to ask if he thought Wells wanted the PA to explode. Now obviously, there's a difference between that and suspecting that Wells is evil/dangerous but it's enough for Iris to want to continue Mason's investigation. I believe Kreisberg and/or Candice said that would be her motivation.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yeah, he did. He questioned whether or not Wells was a good guy, leading Iris to ask if he thought Wells wanted the PA to explode. Now obviously, there's a difference between that and suspecting that Wells is evil/dangerous but it's enough for Iris to want to continue Mason's investigation. I believe Kreisberg and/or Candice said that would be her motivation.
I'm not sure what you're arguing, since I'm not disputing that she's going to investigate STAR.

My point is, her lack of info about Wells has made her easy prey and IMO 1.19 might be when he strikes. Maybe in retribution for Barry taking Caitlin/Cisco.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:16 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leelala (View Post)
Wow Felicity is such a hypocrite Can you imagine if Oliver lied to her about his identity?? She would lose her ****!!
Lol, Oliver lied to her several times before winding up in the back seat of her car though.
I'm honestly not that bothered by Barry lying to Iris. I get why he's doing it and it's certainly not out of malice.

Felicity is sexist now? Lord.

Anyway, an ok episode with some cute moments here and there.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 04-14-2015, 11:23 PM
Addicted Fan

^Obviously lying to a stranger is the same as lying to your best friend/family... Right. K.

Old 04-14-2015, 11:34 PM
Passionate Fan

And yet she/he made the comparison knowing that. Point still stands. Oliver has been less than than forthcoming about huge things on more than one occasion and Felicity was fine. The talk of the characters being sexist is amazing given that it seems to be a must to pit the women from the two shows against each other in discussion. I think they all have some really great characteristics and I Prefer to focus on that. I'm not going to get hyped about Felicity supporting her friend because fact of the matter is Barry and Joe made that choice. I understand why they did it and they'll have to deal with the consequences.

Love was here. It made me complete, happy. How could I easily let it go?

my LJ - Icon credit is Luv!
Old 04-14-2015, 11:36 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're arguing, since I'm not disputing that she's going to investigate STAR.

My point is, her lack of info about Wells has made her easy prey and IMO 1.19 might be when he strikes. Maybe in retribution for Barry taking Caitlin/Cisco.
Lol. I'm saying she already has reason to suspect more with Wells via her previous conversations with Mason. The fact that she doesn't know that he's the RF does leave her more vulnerable but I don't think he's going to try anything in 1.19, certainly not if he doesn't know for sure that Barry is on to him.
Old 04-14-2015, 11:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Lol. I'm saying she already has reason to suspect more with Wells via her previous conversations with Mason. The fact that she doesn't know that he's the RF does leave her more vulnerable but I don't think he's going to try anything in 1.19, certainly not if he doesn't know for sure that Barry is on to him.
How long till Wells finds out though? I mean, even just the promo....lol

I'd say Iris knows enough to be intrigued and dig, but not enough to be cautious, so I see her seeking Wells out and getting in serious trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahfan (View Post)
And yet she/he made the comparison knowing that. Point still stands. Oliver has been less than than forthcoming about huge things on more than one occasion and Felicity was fine. The talk of the characters being sexist is amazing given that it seems to be a must to pit the women from the two shows against each other in discussion. I think they all have some really great characteristics and I Prefer to focus on that. I'm not going to get hyped about Felicity supporting her friend because fact of the matter is Barry and Joe made that choice. I understand why they did it and they'll have to deal with the consequences.
Oh oops, I forgot no one is allowed to call Felicity out for her awful behavior. My bad. I guess her being on the Flash so much means this fandom has to bow down to her now too?
Old 04-14-2015, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:

SO rude! Poor bbs.

Leelala - IA about Felicity being lame and needing to go away for good. Seeing her on Flash so much is making me never wanna catch up on Arrow.
I just wish she'd stay on arrow since I've already adopted that habit of only youtubing laurel scenes. Why must she be flung on this show. Can she just go away and hide in her little cave with monsier manpain
Old 04-14-2015, 11:44 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I just wish she'd stay on arrow since I've already adopted that habit of only youtubing laurel scenes. Why must she be flung on this show. Can she just go away and hide in her little cave with monsier manpain
Seriously.

Also I don't want to deal with Felicity fans in the Flash fandom since they're the reason I stay far away from Arrow.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread