Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2015, 08:17 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
Ha... I can totally see this. Episode 19. They'll suddenly make her remember she knows Barry and co. were lying about Ronnie.
I doubt it. It looks like they're setting Eddie up as the one who comes clean with her. Which would explain why she's still with him 1.21 and on.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:26 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
I doubt it. It looks like they're setting Eddie up as the one who comes clean with her. Which would explain why she's still with him 1.21 and on.
Comes clean about what though? If she's still making her way to Star Labs, then she's obviously looking for more, re: Mason and his investigation.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:39 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Comes clean about what though? If she's still making her way to Star Labs, then she's obviously looking for more, re: Mason and his investigation.
He doesn't have to tell her everything. Maybe just admit that he's keeping secrets for her safety. 18 is the ep he's having a hard time lying to Iris, and 19 is the investigation, so imo it makes sense if Eddie either says something out of guilt.

Iris chooses to stay with him till 21, post-investigation, so he must've done something right.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:47 AM
MST Manager

Thanks much for the new thread.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParsD (View Post)
He doesn't have to tell her everything. Maybe just admit that he's keeping secrets for her safety. 18 is the ep he's having a hard time lying to Iris, and 19 is the investigation, so imo it makes sense if Eddie either says something out of guilt.

Iris chooses to stay with him till 21, post-investigation, so he must've done something right.
I don't know, maybe. But I don't think her leaving or staying with him will be based on that. I mean, if she were to find out on her own, I think (hope) she'd be pissed at them all but I doubt that would be enough for her to want to leave Eddie. When that day comes, I think it will be more about her not actually being in love with him.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I don't know, maybe. But I don't think her leaving or staying with him will be based on that. I mean, if she were to find out on her own, I think (hope) she'd be pissed at them all but I doubt that would be enough for her to want to leave Eddie. When that day comes, I think it will be more about her not actually being in love with him.
True, and if she moves out she only has Joe's house...

The narrative is setting Eddie up as the weak link so that's why I still expect him involved as the catalyst for 19. Maybe he accidentally even tips Iris off.

The other option is, Iris ends up at STAR for some other reason (ginger kid?), and only gets her journalism senses tingled inside.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:39 AM
FAU
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
speaking about useless, what's up with Iris?

Do the writers even care about her character at all? Cause she is so isolated from the rest of the group that I see plenty of people saying that's it's super hard to warm up to her. I just had a convo with a comics nerd and I was kind of surprised by what he had to say about Iris (if you compare it to the comics).
Yeah, it's annoying, there's no reason to isolate her, villains have been attacking civilians and public places left and right and they're trying to 'protect' her and pretend nothing is wrong. .

I'm not surprised from the writers given that it's a similar problem with Arrow only that's even worse at the moment.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think Iris' plot is (and has been) building all along...and it's gonna ramp up big time. (We know she makes her way to Star Labs, and gets confronted by RF...plus Candice tweeted she works with Garber in the finale)
Old 04-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
speaking about useless, what's up with Iris?

Do the writers even care about her character at all? Cause she is so isolated from the rest of the group that I see plenty of people saying that's it's super hard to warm up to her. I just had a convo with a comics nerd and I was kind of surprised by what he had to say about Iris (if you compare it to the comics).
Yeah, it's been like that with her since the show started. By now, it seems the writers don't really know how else to fit her into the story except as an angst device for Barry.
She could not be on the show anymore and I wouldn't notice.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Yeah, I'd be shocked if Ronnie is killed off. He's likely staying on The Flash for now.

As for Iris, I'd be the first to say she needs more focus, more development on her story but a plot device? No. She has gotten development both separate from Barry and via her relationship with him.
If I have to deal with an amell, I'd rather it be Robbie.

As for certain comments, just ignore, ignore, ignore. The baiting is obvious.
Old 04-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Master Fan

ds44 and you know something about baiting. If you'd stop being paranoid, maybe you'd accept opinions which are not the same as yours.

Anyway, it's obvious that something bad will happen to Ronnie. I'd hate to see him die though but I feel like it could very well happen. Depend where they want to take the Killer Fros storyline....cause Killer Frost without Firestorm? Meh!

eragon194 exactly my point. It seems that she can only be defined by her relationships with the boys right now and I hate it. Even her working at the journal isn't interesting. It brings nothing. Lois Lane on Smallville didn't know Clarke's secret for years, yet she wasn't as isolated as Iris. Plus, Lois THE BOMB, which made her likeable right away. I think the only way I can really warm up to Iris is once she starts kicking some real ass and just say 'the hell" with both Barry and Eddie

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 04-02-2015, 11:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
If I have to deal with an amell, I'd rather it be Robbie.

As for certain comments, just ignore, ignore, ignore. The baiting is obvious.
I'm beginning to wonder if Caitlin/KF might accidentally put Ronnie in a coma. It would parallel the beginning of the show and if she thinks she could kill him, would lead to the romantic angst they seem to be going for. (Particularly if a cliffhanger makes her THINK she killed him.) All things considered, I'd hate if they killed him off so soon after she finally got him back over grieving over his death for almost a year. Not sure how she could psychologically recover of she accidentally kills him.

Man, when Caitlin finds out about Wells, though...
Old 04-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Geez, it's way too soon for Caitlin to become Killer Frost. They better have something awesome to explain how she will become that awesome "villain". Because Ronnie dying is not what is supposed to channel her KF powers.

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 04-02-2015, 12:22 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
I'm beginning to wonder if Caitlin/KF might accidentally put Ronnie in a coma. It would parallel the beginning of the show and if she thinks she could kill him, would lead to the romantic angst they seem to be going for. (Particularly if a cliffhanger makes her THINK she killed him.) All things considered, I'd hate if they killed him off so soon after she finally got him back over grieving over his death for almost a year. Not sure how she could psychologically recover of she accidentally kills him.

Man, when Caitlin finds out about Wells, though...
This is the first time I'm hearing this theory and I like it, this is a good possibility. I can see them bringing back Jason Rusch and teaming him up w/ Ronnie. I hope they make Robbie a regular next season.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:23 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragon194 (View Post)
Yeah, it's been like that with her since the show started. By now, it seems the writers don't really know how else to fit her into the story except as an angst device for Barry.
She could not be on the show anymore and I wouldn't notice.
Lol. You may not notice but clearly, her role on the show and in Barry's life is important, particularly if he's to ever reach his full potential and if the show plans to explore Wally and/or Bart.

Sure, the writers have played up the whole "Barry is tortured by Iris" angle but there have been multiple episodes already that highlighted the fact that their connection goes way beyond that. Episodes 1.06, 1.07, 1.15 and 1.17, especially showcased Iris as either narrator, hero, and/or Barry's main motivation in "saving the day."

In short, the show can go on without "Team Flash." It could even go on without Joe. But its potential is severely limited without Iris West and I think TPTB know that.