Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2004, 04:09 PM
New Fan

*sigh*

a friend of mine in toronto had agreed to record all the new eps for me so that i could recap them for popgurls, but her power went out last night! *&%^$ weather! if anyone in canada tapes the episodes, and would be willing to send me a copy of this week's episode, i'll pay for priority shipping and the tape. if you can't make copies, but would be willing to let me borrow your tape, i promise to return it in perfect condition ASAP.

re: The N and ratings--> of course they have found that ratings go up in the summer. kids are out of school, and have more time to spend in front of the TV. there's no homework or extracurriculars to take up free time. this strategy really is a no-brainer.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:11 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks so very much for the summaries Brokenglass(I hope thats right)As Far as the Manny thing goes,she has no one to blame but herself.She knowing got involved with someone else's boyfriend.She made her bed and now must lie in it.

As for a new title how About:

"Because we are ready to move to Canada!"
Angsty Artists #39/ Crime Stopper # 21/ Outcast#53/ Choker #19/Ashley(Melissa)#22/Carnivore#19
Old 01-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by willapopgurlie:
[QB]*sigh*

a friend of mine in toronto had agreed to record all the new eps for me so that i could recap them for popgurls, but her power went out last night! *&%^$ weather! if anyone in canada tapes the episodes, and would be willing to send me a copy of this week's episode, i'll pay for priority shipping and the tape. if you can't make copies, but would be willing to let me borrow your tape, i promise to return it in perfect condition ASAP.
QB]
Yay!!! I hope someone will send you the tape!! I LOVE your recaps! They are so funny, and ask the same questions we all find ourselves asking! Are you going back and recapping the season 1 and 2 episodes too, or was that just for the one episode? [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2004, 04:29 PM
New Fan

I WATCHED AWH last night and Edmonton Alberta time slots weren’t screwed up so I don't no but here's a summary for you guys (I suck at them but o well!)

It starts off at practice where Craig has to take manny picture for the year book. He asks her to smile but she says "looking at you doesn’t make me want to smile" then anther girl say to their coach she doesn't feel good. The gets all mad saying "ok guys no allowed to breath anymore I don't want to louse anyone else to the stomach flu. Then they go to credits next we see ash make fun of manny calling her a boyfriend stealer. Then Paige comes and reassuring manny that it will all blow over and that everybody’s talking about how she’ll kick some butt at the meet. And mention that she a little pale.
Next seen
Jimmy asks JT to come to a concert with him and Toby wants to come to
Next seen

Manny apologizes to ash

Next seen

Their in English manny rush out of class to the bathroom

Next seen

Toby says to jimmy he can change hid grade in exchange for going to the concert

Next seen

Their at the gym

Emma calls manny on the A-wol during English

Next manny does a perfect balance thing at practice

Next seen locker

There’s talking witch ends up reveling that manny "late" next seen we see manny counting weeks on a calendar 9 to be exacted

Next seen
Manny looking at Craig

Next seen

in the bathroom manny asks Paige how does she if a guy used a condom she answers in a wise remark then finds out she serious and reassure her that Craig problem did ( this is when she remarks " next time ask questions first get naked later")

Next we see Toby and JT hacking into the firewall to change jimmy’s grade

Next seen

The meet

Manny’s triple nervous when her coach ask it her star's all right

next seen manny on the beam and here’s baby jack cry and falls off run out of the gym and Craig follows her and she ask him he you know
He’s says no then asks if she all right she gives him a cryptic answer

Next seen

jimmy asks Toby if he changed he's grade he says yes to 8888 jimmy yells at him and tells him to fix it and shoves him to the nearest computer the principal comes in and catches him.

Next seen

We see manny running and then tells spike

Next seen

spike's comforting manny while they wait an egg timer goes off and spokes says ready manny says not even a little bit manny looks realizes that it'+ ( but doesn’t say anything

Next seen

Jimmy and Toby are in the office being told that there invited to Saturday detention and theirs parent are being called jimmy calls Toby a fake
NEXT SEEN MANNY WATING FOR CRAING she tells him and he's very supportive

End show

Really sorry if it’s bad
if you guys want me to do part 2 i will
Old 01-27-2004, 04:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the recap, grakker, but it was a little hard to understand. It was so nice of you to do that, though.

'O Ms Kwan
Your hair, kissed by the wind
Your lips, kissed by me.
Spinner Mason.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:05 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by willapopgurlie:
<STRONG>*sigh*

a friend of mine in toronto had agreed to record all the new eps for me so that i could recap them for popgurls, but her power went out last night! *&%^$ weather! if anyone in canada tapes the episodes, and would be willing to send me a copy of this week's episode, i'll pay for priority shipping and the tape. if you can't make copies, but would be willing to let me borrow your tape, i promise to return it in perfect condition ASAP.</STRONG>
Yea popgurls recaps are just amazing! I loved the Pride one. I always seem to be reading that one a lot. It was very in detail and I just love the humor you guys put into to it. That will be great if you can recap all the episodes for us. I really wanna read "It's Raining Men" recap soooo bad!!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Luke and Noah on as the world turns -best.couple.ever

Icon by morningglory___ from LJ
Old 01-27-2004, 05:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

thanks ppl for the recaps

"These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase" -Evanescence
Old 01-27-2004, 05:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

http://www.degrassi.tv/fan/fan-emma-gall-03.html

I think that's where Emma finds out Manny's pregnant.

'O Ms Kwan
Your lips, kissed by me.
Spinner Mason.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

lovin the summaries, it's getting me even MORE anxious to wait until the SUMMER. i know this is said enough, but ARGH at the-n! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] but aside from the summaries, are there any sites that would have screen caps of the episodes?
Old 01-27-2004, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Summer's so far away. Thanks everyone for the recaps. Makes not getting to see the eps a little bit better.

As for that list, I have definitely stayed home one night to watch Degrassi instead of going ou with friends [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

I hope everything works out for Manny :/.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

i found this summary on tvtome

Here is the summary I made for my american friends! Its very detailed and complete with quotes. I hope you guys enjoy and appreciate this cause it took me a while.
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] have fun! PS: To give me gratitude, please check out my new degrassi website: http://www.degrassicentral.lovexchange.com
I just made it yesterday, so its just started.. but I do have my fan fic story up there. Please check it out, and review.
Thanks! ~*Amanda

Degrassi the next generation Episode Review-- Accidents will Happen Part One by Amanda Balser

Manny's practicing for for gymnastics with everyone in the gym. Suddenly Kendra runs out of the gym, sick to her stomach. It turns out there's a stomach bug/flu going around and Mrs. H, as they all call their coach, tells them to stop breathing, because she can't afford to lose another gymnast to this bug! So they continue to practice, and it's now Manny's turn to get pictures taken by.... you guessed it! None other then our very own adorable curly-haired Craig Manning. Manny does a splits pose, and looks off in the other direction, still angry with him.

Craig: (looking up from the character, and checking Manny out nervously) "It's for the yearbook."
Manny just glares at him icily.
Craig: "Don't you want to smile?"
Manny: "Looking at you doesn't exactly make me want to smile."
Craig sighs, and takes the picture silently and sadly.

Degrassi opener comes on...

Cut to the school halls. You see Paige and Hazel, the school gossips whispering, and glancing over at Manny who's getting books from her locker. Manny notices this and looks insecure. Just then Ashley and Ellie walk by...

Ashley: "Hey Ellie, do you smell something?"
Ellie: "I think it's the peculiar smell of a boyfriend thief."
(Ashley snickers as they continue down the hall.)

Manny hears this, and runs down the hall after them.
"Wait!" she yells. "I don't want Craig! He's...." (trails off)

Just then Paige comes up behind Manny. She makes it her own personal duty to inform Manny that everyone's talking about Manny's greatness at gymnastics. Manny lights up with delight. Almost as much.. she continues.. as Manny's personal life. This makes Manny upset. Leave it up to Paige to let someone down like that.
Paige then gives Manny personal advice.. that she should do damage control.
Then with the Paige-signature touch of class, informs Manny that she looks a little pale, and she should do something about it, because it's not attractive.
With that Paige exits.

Jimmy asks JT if he's in for the trip to see a rap DJ in this concert thing that him and a bunch of his friends are driving to. JT says sure, and then Toby comes along trying to be cool, hence making an absolute fool of himself. He tries to give Jimmy a high five (*cough dork cough*) and calls Jimmy 'Jimmers'. Laughable really. Jimmy disses Toby and then leaves. Toby wonders why he's not being included. They used to be such great friends! He insists to JT. JT suggests with a smirk that maybe it's because Toby's step sister dumped Jimmy. That leaves Toby to ponder.

Cut to Manny walking down the hall. She sees Ashley in a computer lab class, and since class hasn't started yet, goes in to try and talk to her. Ashley completely blows her off and tries to leave but Manny tells her to wait, and tries to explain herself. She says that she's sorry, and that she thought that she was Craig's match, and he told her that he would break it with her right away, but he didn't. He hurt me too, Manny says.
Ashley tells her that she's going to be late for class. Manny then leaves.

Cut to Miss Kwan's class where they're reading out loud some novel. Manny raises her hand and asks to be excused cause she feels sick. Ms. Kwan tells her that she shouldn't come to school if she's ill, and that she's sick of everyone having a flu bug.
Manny runs out of the room about to throw up, and Emma looks confused and worried.
They show Manny throwing up in the toilet.

Jimmy is telling Hazel that he's not getting good enough marks in math, and if his dad sees them, he'll probably make Jimmy cancel the concert trip. Toby comes in with a cool; "Yo dawg, whats up?". And Jimmy disses him yet again. Oh the pain.
Toby makes a deal with Jimmy that he'll change his math mark on the school computer if he can go to the concert. Jimmy agrees.

Cut to Emma and Manny stretching for Gymnastics. Emma asks what's wrong with Manny, because she's been noticing her sickness. Manny gets defensive and walks away. Emma follows her and says that the coach doesn't want any more sick people, and that Manny should tell the coach. Manny insists that she's fine and that it's just nerves. She tells Emma that she wants to go and do well at this meet so badly.
The coach gets Manny to go up on the balance beam, and Manny does a good job.

Manny and Emma walk into the dressing room, talking. Emma tells Manny that she did a really good job. "See, I told you I'm fine." Manny says with a smirk. The two girls start to become friendly, Emma praising Manny in gymnastics, and Manny telling Emma how strong she's being to come to school when Mr. Simpson is even worse, and is now in the hospital. Just then, Hazel comes in looking for a tampon. Manny tells her that she has one, as she hasn't her period in a long while now. Emma looks concerned, but Manny insists it's because she's been training hard. Emma says that she knows its not her business, but with Manny being sick, and now this, that it might be something else.. something more serious *ahem* Manny says; "Your right. It's none of your business." and then storms out.
She goes out side, and sits on a concrete bench beside the school frantically looking through her callender schedule. She checks it, and finds out by counting.. that she hasn't had her period for 9 weeks.

Cut to the next day, Craig is playing hackey sack with Spinner outside. He catches Manny watching him all sadly. He looks like he wants to go up to her, but she quickly leaves ducking inside. She goes into the girls washroom, finding Paige there.
She tries to talk to Paige, but ignorant as always, Paige thinks that Manny has run out of toilet paper, and hands her a wad. Manny tries some more, and finally asks if you can tell or know if a guy wore a condom or not. Paige comes out of the bathroom, and seeing if Manny is serious says that it's pretty obvious. Did she see it? Did she feel it? Manny says she doesn't think so. Paige says that it's Craig, and he's the semi-responsible type, so Manny shouldn't worry too much, but that she should ask him anyways.

Paige: "And hun, remember this next time. Ask questions first. Get naked later."

Thanks Dr. Paige.

Toby gets JT to help him in the library. He's trying to change Jimmy's grade, and gets JT to plug in a wire to the teachers plug. JT doesnt want to, but helps anyways.
JT hacks through and is almost there, when Mrs. Kwan sees them and comes over to see whats up. Toby accidentily hits the 7 button 2 times too many. Instead of Jimmy's mark being 77, its 7777! Since the teacher's here, JT pulls the plug just in the nick of time, but preventing Toby from changing it. The teacher makes them move, but still doesn't know what they were up to.

It's the gymnastics meet and Manny's feeling the pressure. The coach comes up to her and asks if she's okay, and that she looks frazzled. Manny says it's just nerves, and that she'll be fine. She spots her mom in the audience who waves to Manny and smiles proudly. Now it's her turn. Manny gets up, and looks stressed and shaky. Craig is there, taking pictures for the yearbook or whatever, and she looks even more stressed that he's there.. and watching her. Manny loses grip and falls. Several people, including Craig dart for her. She's disqualified though, and upset, runs out of the gym and into the loby.
Craig runs after her...

Craig: (with concern) "You okay?"
Manny: "No."
Craig: "It's not that horrible."
Manny: (gets up and starts to pace) "When we... [pause] did you use a condom?"
Craig: (shocked) "WHAT?!"
Manny: "I'm sorry.. It's just.."
Craig: "Ummm Manny. I thought you said it was okay.. and that it meant that you..know..? [pause] You were on the pill..."
Manny: (smiling, but about to cry. Voice full of emotion) "It was my first time. It meant that it was okay......"
Craig: (Craig starts to panic) "Manny....is...is something wrong?!?!"
Manny: (insistant) "No. It's not. (dazed) It can't be."
Craig: (Panicing even more, getting sort of irrational and grinning and laughing during most of this.. probably out of nervousness) "Well which is it??....nothing's wrong or nothing can be wrong...? because... your not making sense."
Manny: "No." (smiles) "Nothing's wrong.. it's okay."
Craig: "Ok....well....see you."
(Craig leaves)

Cut to Toby and Jimmy.
Toby tells Jimmy that he accidentily messed up and gave him a 7777 percent.
Jimmy gets pissed off and makes Toby go into the teachers computer lab, and sort it out. Reluctantly, and forced by Jimmy, Toby does.
Toby logs in as the principal. Just then, the real principal comes along and spots Toby. He has a smile on though. He asks Toby if he can help him with something on his computer. Since Mr. Simpson is gone, Toby could help him. Toby tries to get the principal to go back to his office to help, but it's too late. The principal comes and sees Toby logged in as him.
Later Jimmy comes into the principal's office. Toby's there too. They get in trouble and sentenced to a phone call home and Saturday school. It turns out Toby ratted Jimmy out. Toby tries to say that he had no choice and that he was scared but Jimmy's mad. He says that now he cant go to the concert and calls Toby fake.

Manny goes jogging after school with her headphones. As she runs song lyrics play that relate to her and Craig's relationship. They talk about how she thought she loved him, and that now she hates him etc etc.
She stops exhausted, and getting stomach cramps. Freaked out, Manny runs over to Spike who just returned home with the baby. Manny tells Spike that she needs her help, and announces that she thinks she's pregnant.
Cut to the inside of the house. Manny just took a pregnancy test, and placed it on the dresser alongside a timer and sets it. She sits down and begins to talk with Spike.

Spike: "Have you thought about what you might do if..." (trails off)
Manny: "I can't. It's too much."
Spike: "I could always go with you, to talk to your parents."
Manny: "No.. I couldn't tell them."
Spike: "My mom surprised me. She was incredibly supportive."
Manny: "My mom would kill me. Or send me to live in some convent in the Phillipines."
Spike: "No she wouldn't."
Manny: "Really? 'Cause that's what they did to my cousin."

Just then the bell rings. It's time to check. Manny checks and the stick is red. She's pregnant. She starts to cry.

The next morning Manny is waiting for Craig by the bicycle rack.
He comes up behind her.

Craig: "I got your message. Sorry I'm late."
(Manny's silent, and still turned away)
Craig: "I can't stay long.." he continues. "I've got this bio lab."
Manny: (turns around slowly) "Something happened..."
(She gets up and walks over to a cement bench close to the school where she sits down.)
Craig: "What? What's wrong?"
(he continues standing.)
Manny: "I have a doctor's appointment to make sure. But I took this test... and (starts to tear up) I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant."
(Craig sits down beside her, quietly and dazed.)
Manny: (voice breaking with tears) "Oh god... I know your mad and I'm sorry... I'm sorry." (she starts to cry)
Craig: (dazzedly) "It's okay. I started to think about it. (a slow smile begins to creep up on his face) You know after you asked me that question the other day. And what if we had it? (smiles and laughs) We could be a little family... all our own Manny." he sighs, still grinning happily.
Manny just looks off into the distance, sad and confused

"These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase" -Evanescence
Old 01-27-2004, 05:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thank you so much for the summaries. Is there anymore summaries? Can't we have one with MAJOR detail? lol. Sorry If i'm asking for too much.

be thankful that you at least have summaries of the episodes and you get to see Degrassi Commercials.

I hope PopGurls can to the re-caps I love how they do that. It has great insight and details.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

Oh my God, that recap made me SOOOOOO happy. That was amazing!

Yes, Craig definitely has family issues. No guy would ever be that okay and act in that way.

Oh God, I love whoever wrote that!!

'O Ms Kwan
Your lips, kissed by me.
Spinner Mason.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:57 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm so that so many people decided to do recaps. Thanks to all of you. The channel that I get didn't show Degrassi last night!! I was so angry...thanks to Azluine as usual for the new thread.
Old 01-27-2004, 05:58 PM
Part-Time Fan

If any Canadians want to see the hospital commercial, you can download it on Kazaa. I downloaded it and paused it when they showed the hospital person, and I'm almost positive it's Terri, because their features are feminine, and I can't think of any other girls it could be.

'O Ms Kwan
Your lips, kissed by me.
Spinner Mason.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread