Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2014, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkrules (View Post)
Thanks for the report.

I liked Stuart a lot more before the writers found it necessary to turn him into a complete sad sack.
I don't know it they didn't show up because the didn't care about Stuart or if their Smartphones broke and they forgot the date

And obviously nobody told Sheldon about their appointment, because he would have remembered

~Susanne ~
Old 03-05-2014, 07:24 AM
etc
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
There is a lot of transition going on with Sheldon this season. With the kiss, the table episode (and people adressing his change), Mary having sex and soon the Proton Episode (will that one ever air ) we have a lot of moments which will have a deep impact on Sheldon. It seems we are heading to something big in the Season Finale

yes Stuarts part is a bit sad - but he shouldn't have written the information on his hand
I guess I see things differently, I see things happening with Lenny, ever since the drama of her quiting TCF. They have been together more and they are acting more like they are already married, plus we are getting more scenes on how they work well together, they care about each other and are a team. Now we get Stuart telling them they fit each other perfectly, and in the Proton episode we know proposals are discussed a lot. I think Lenny may have something happen in the finale. I personally would like to see them get engaged in 23, then in 24 Penny get a part that requires her to be on the east coast for a few months, and explore that situation in Season 8.

Concerning Shamy, I like Shamy because I am an Amy fan, I think the writers are stalling them big time. After that kiss, Sheldon should be thinking more about Amy in that way, after all he is not crazy, so there should be some normal male needs buried in there. I think we should be seeing him giving her a kiss once in a while, sort of testing the waters, and he should touch her a little more, because on the trhain, he not only kissed her but put his hands on her and pulled her close. However, I really think the writers are going to ride the wave of the kiss throughout the rest of the season and we will be lucky to get even one more episode of Shamy actual romance.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbangsheldon (View Post)
Thank you Kazzie
You were right Chloe! Never lose hope

I love that Mary is back and it will be interesting to see that storyline play out.

~ Katie
Old 03-05-2014, 09:20 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm a little disappointed that they took Mary that far, but I guess I understand that they wanted to raise the issue of sex, to kind of see how Sheldon sees it, or whatever.

But although they have Mary saying that she isn't perfect, I think that's a pretty radical place to go to for a woman with her beliefs. But then again, that's Hollywood's version of what a Christian is like--she really believes, until she comes across a perfect ass.

dunno.

Anyway, I do like the overall story and I wonder how Sheldon's experience is going to affect his relationship with Amy.
And I love that we get to see his childhood bedroom and all that.

And though I do think that Leonard and Penny are in a strong place, I also think that they've had Sheldon and Amy hit some pretty big milestones or go through some important things together--some tension, some romance, some understanding of certain aspects of their relationship.

And I don't think that the season finale has to be about only one of the couples. Last season we got essentially two finales--one for Shamy and one for Lenny. I don't know that it would be any different this year.

Thanks, kazzie!!

Oh, and do we know Story/Teleplay/Director credits for this episode? How much of it was pre-taped?

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for sharing the report, Kazzie!

I'm happy we'll get to see Mary again. Feel a bit sorry for Stuart at the end though.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Ultimate Fan

TY for taking the time to write up the report Kazzie!

Sheldon Kissed Amy

~ Rosie
Old 03-05-2014, 10:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks for the report Kazzie!

Old 03-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

https://twitter.com/wilw/status/441279339766632448
Old 03-05-2014, 11:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

The stuff with Mary doesn't surprise me. Wasn't it implied in The Luminous Fish Effect that she was willing to go there with Dr. Gabelhauser?
Old 03-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

I think Mary still believes that you should wait for your first time until you are married, but since Mary isn't a virgin anymore since a very long time, she has the right to enjoy some perfect asses

~Susanne ~
Old 03-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeroAlwaysPeeks (View Post)
The stuff with Mary doesn't surprise me. Wasn't it implied in The Luminous Fish Effect that she was willing to go there with Dr. Gabelhauser?
Doesn't surprise me either. Remember her remark to Penny that when she was her age you could have her for a bottle of strawberry wine?

Going forward, I'm hoping by the end of this season Sheldon will say to Amy's face how he feels (no quote necessary, he's had time to think about it) and I want Penny to leave to try for Summerstock or something like a cruise ship performance deal over the summer break.

Last edited by Tomasina; 03-05-2014 at 12:01 PM Reason: spelling
Old 03-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeroAlwaysPeeks (View Post)
It's not surprising at all, I agree w/ you. I don't think it's ever been implied that she would save herself or whatever. She's been widowed for 20+ years I don't see the issue.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Well, first of all, just because she was flirting with Gablehauser doesn't mean she was planning on jumping in the sack with him.

And secondly, according to her beliefs as a conservative Christian, it doesn't matter if she's been widowed or if it's the "first time". Sex outside of marriage is considered wrong, for both her and her "perfect ass" boyfriend.

It's not about the first time, it's about sex outside of marriage.

I think that the fact that she talks about her promiscuous youth in Rhinitis does reveal that she wasn't always strict about her beliefs. I think there's even a hint that she became a believer after her marriage, so maybe she was a little wild before her adult years.
But that doesn't mean that it doesn't matter that she's having sex with someone she's not married to.

Jim Parsons read my poem on UK radio!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the report, I appreciate it so much.
I like that the writers not only show us the growth in characters and couples, but they also spell it out through other characters plain out telling you.
There are some fans who don't like Shamy or don't like Lenny so the won't or can't see how the couples have grown and changed and are in it for the long haul. So the writers take opportunities like this with Stuart and Lenny or when Leonard showed Amy that Sheldon made her his screen saver to make sure the entire audience knows where they are going with the series, the characters and the pairings

Last edited by LostInTime; 03-05-2014 at 05:30 PM
Old 03-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Total Fan

Kazzie, thanks for the report. You did a great job. I am so happy you had a great time!

#SerialApeist2Premiere #ATSKAA2014*
* ... and then Sheldon kissed Amy AGAIN.

Icon by bigbangsheldon
Closed Thread   Post New Thread