Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

well they did the table read for the finale today and colton is still traveling...not sure how strict a rule it is that everyone in the ep be at the table read but it's interesting. And then last week around the time Colton was leaving town SA mentioned saying goodbye to people he's been filming with for months...could be that Roy's not in the finale. Now that doesn't mean he died, could just be that his SL gets wrapped up in 22.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluv2fly (View Post)
I haven't seen any tweets mentioning Laurel or BTS pics either. Not to say she's not there, but she's just not mentioned.
Katie Cassidy filmed with Caity Lotz on Friday. She posted a photo on her Instagram account.

Last edited by Hamburgo1001; 04-08-2014 at 04:33 AM
Old 04-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
well they did the table read for the finale today and colton is still traveling...not sure how strict a rule it is that everyone in the ep be at the table read but it's interesting. And then last week around the time Colton was leaving town SA mentioned saying goodbye to people he's been filming with for months...could be that Roy's not in the finale. Now that doesn't mean he died, could just be that his SL gets wrapped up in 22.
yeah... but ..... it'd be all kinds of odd. I mean, you have a show regular be done after 1x21? For what point? I'm beginning to think he either dies or leaves. I mean, reading the tea leaves, they seem to MAYBE support that?

A) We had Roy walk away from the group last week
B) We have whatever goes on in the next episode with him
C) Thea has been said to be the one thing that holds him together and in 1x20, apparently, he attacks her.
D) Causing the rest of Team Arrow to "unleash" on him and
E) Sara proclaiming that they need to kill Roy as he's gone and Oliver realizing that Roy has succumbed completely (ala Slade?)

and now more just generic things:

A) The "report/rumor/whatever" about the male person being written off / killed off, or asked to be by the writers. Sure, the person who said it wasn't Colton, but I mean, red herring? If you see one person is suspected and are worried about it, maybe you try to divert? IDK.

B)Roy's S/L... I mean, er... what? Ok, he gets Mirakued and kind of inducted into the team but after that? When was the last time we saw him do something? He shook Slade's hand? Almost killed the random decoy the Huntress used? Broke up with Thea? Normally he's in the background lurking in a hoody or shirtless as he tries to shoot an arrow and fails, and says he's not a natural to which both Oliver and Sara individually remark in different episodes that Oliver wasn't either. He hasn't done much since becoming part of the group or much of the season.

And I mean, ok. Laurel hasn't exactly done a ton either but it just seems weird they'd kill her. I mean, in back to back seasons Oliver loses his BFF and then his childhood flame? Em, no. Not likely. Maybe she'd leave to go down her darker path or set it up? IDK. I just think she's sticking around.

C) Guys traveling, which is cool and all but weird that filming for the finale and maybe part of 1x21 was going on that time?

If you wanted to try to play connect the dots and speculate, there certainly is room to speculate on his future, maybe. He mentions being done and SA saying goodbye to people (coincidence? or a why to showcase a spoiler that people might not pick up on?) a S/L that kind of stalled in some ways, the rumor / blind item or whatever you call it that most would probably presume was him and then just the way that 1x20 sounds. with him attacking Thea.

I mean, if he was leaving (had a possibility of dying) then I could see the show setting it up for that somewhat.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:49 PM
Elite Fan

Well I don't think they're killing Roy off, just because of all the talk of him becoming arsenal in the future. Obviously he's not going to end this season on good terms with Team Arrow, and considering the finale will probably be all about Team Arrow fighting Slade in a once-and-for-all type battle, I could see why Roy wouldn't be needed for that. That's what I meant by his SL being wrapped up in 22, I think he just probably won't be needed for the finale because he won't be playing a role in the team's fight against Slade.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

could be... just will have to wait and find out.

Its just odd, to me, is all. I mean, what you said makes sense about Slade, etc... but what is the S/L of where he is if he's not in the finale? How is that explained? Whether they want him there or not...

Just left town? What? I mean, at the end of the day - presuming he is alive - I can't see him in SC at the beginning of the season. Not after what appears is going to happen, IMO, it'd take some time. Even if he is cured, which to me would kind of make the whole season pointless in a sense for the character then I still think bridges would have at least been temporarily burned after 1x20...

thus I doubt he'd be working at Verdant cause that would be awkward, be back with Thea right away again. So what is he doing in Season 3 if he's still around? Hanging out with Sin ( if she's back in Season 3?). Boosting purses and cars again?

Its a wait and see but I don't see a great set up for the character even going into Season 3. Miraku or not I don't think it'd be a all is forgiven moment for any of them if 1x20 is in fact as it sounds.

Now maybe, he leaves and comes back somewhere through the season and something happens then, etc... but at the moment I'd be stunned if Roy was around in 3x1 in real time in SC and interacting with them

Last edited by bonnie51; 04-07-2014 at 08:59 PM
Old 04-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A little late...TFTNT
Old 04-07-2014, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe if there was someone who Oliver and Slade could just hate and want to kill more than each other they'd have a reason to join forces at the end.

I can't really think of anyone though. The League of Assassins? Ras Al Ghul?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I prefer Ollie's island bow to his new bow so much(traditional bow ftw)..Surpising that there haven't been photo leaks,assuming the season 'finale' is being shot currently
Old 04-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Maybe if there was someone who Oliver and Slade could just hate and want to kill more than each other they'd have a reason to join forces at the end.

I can't really think of anyone though. The League of Assassins? Ras Al Ghul?
unlikely...

if anything, Ras might not like the idea of Slade wandering around with a bunch of super soldiers... now, I could see some of his minions getting into it with Malcolm since he still wants to kill Malcolm for the undertaking and "betraying" the league and its code of honor
Old 04-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Elite Fan

Didn't Guggenheim or one of them specifically say Roy Harper would have a long and storied career with Oliver Queen? Something along those lines. 3 episodes or however long it's been since he joined team Arrow is not long and storied. Although I hardly trust writers/producers anymore. But I think unless Colton suddenly decided he absolutely wanted out that Roy isn't going anywhere. And I've seen nothing that indicates to me Colton wants to leave so I'm not really worried about Roy.
Any chance Sara is this great loss I've heard mentioned? I'm sorry but I really wouldn't miss her. I'd feel sad the Lances lost her again, but I really need Oliver to stop being dragged down by horrible love interests. I don't necessarily need her to die, but I'd love her to leave. One annoying Lance sister was already too much.
"Love is the best thing we do" ~Ted, HIMYM"Have courage and be kind." "Where there is kindness there is goodness. And where there is goodness there is magic."~ Cinderella "Men always choose the wrong things. They stalk power and wealth and frivolous things they think will make them whole. And it never does. It never does. Choose love. Choose your own path. Those are the roads to travel." ~The Royals Icon by http://alexia-drake.livejournal.com/
Old 04-08-2014, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

If the guy starring in the show got it wrong... scared
Oy! This can't be good.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-08-2014, 03:17 AM
Loyal Fan

My thoughts: The writers want to keep the real finale under wraps. They are throwing a lot of red herrings out there to make people assume certain things and have the actors doing it. If I remember correctly...SA worked hard to dispel anything Olicity for a long while...I always felt to promote Sara/Oliver.

Then all of the sudden he is back to be an Olicity shipper. Like they lifted the hold on pushing them. So Roy...I have a feeling when Colton says he's traveling...he could be...or he was in London. London, Ontario, Canada --- When I told my cousins I lived in London (they're from Montreal), they kept thinking I meant Canada and would talk about visiting me. I always had to clarify with England---where the Queen is.

I get the feeling that this is all a grand scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMiracles (View Post)
Didn't Guggenheim or one of them specifically say Roy Harper would have a long and storied career with Oliver Queen? Something along those lines. 3 episodes or however long it's been since he joined team Arrow is not long and storied. Although I hardly trust writers/producers anymore. But I think unless Colton suddenly decided he absolutely wanted out that Roy isn't going anywhere. And I've seen nothing that indicates to me Colton wants to leave so I'm not really worried about Roy.
Any chance Sara is this great loss I've heard mentioned? I'm sorry but I really wouldn't miss her. I'd feel sad the Lances lost her again, but I really need Oliver to stop being dragged down by horrible love interests. I don't necessarily need her to die, but I'd love her to leave. One annoying Lance sister was already too much.
Yes they did and that he would eventually be Arsenal. Hence the reason I do not think he's out. And he's there in the finale. If he isn't...he will be there in S3.

There is a new "great loss" idea? Last I remembered the devastating loss was in last week's episode.
Old 04-08-2014, 04:15 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaberella (View Post)
My thoughts: The writers want to keep the real finale under wraps. They are throwing a lot of red herrings out there to make people assume certain things and have the actors doing it. If I remember correctly...SA worked hard to dispel anything Olicity for a long while...I always felt to promote Sara/Oliver.

Then all of the sudden he is back to be an Olicity shipper. Like they lifted the hold on pushing them. So Roy...I have a feeling when Colton says he's traveling...he could be...or he was in London. London, Ontario, Canada --- When I told my cousins I lived in London (they're from Montreal), they kept thinking I meant Canada and would talk about visiting me. I always had to clarify with England---where the Queen is.

I get the feeling that this is all a grand scheme.

Yes they did and that he would eventually be Arsenal. Hence the reason I do not think he's out. And he's there in the finale. If he isn't...he will be there in S3.

There is a new "great loss" idea? Last I remembered the devastating loss was in last week's episode.

SA said this was a very sad, emotional episode for him to do. This is the one where Moira might possibly be killed (rumors). There is supposedly some funeral. Laurel was in it and she and SA tweeted about 'mopey' soup.

Oh yeah! MG and the 'devastating loss' was Roy leaving. Had he actually had any kind of presence the past few episodes, I could see that ... Maybe. But as it is they added him to the team and then you never saw him again! Oh yeah, real devastating
That and his 'and the show will NEVER be the same Talk about dramatics!
Kreisberg responded, “One of the most important lessons that I’ve learned from working with Greg Berlanti, whose obviously had such amazing success in television, is to always have a really great plan, and then always know when to let the plan go.”In response to the unexpected addition of Felicity Smoak (Emily Bett Rickards)

Last edited by Iluv2fly; 04-08-2014 at 04:25 AM
Old 04-08-2014, 04:38 AM
Elite Fan

Paul Blackthorne, Katie Cassidy and Caity Lotz were filming some police station scenes yesterday:

Quote:
Great final day at the station w/ @PaulBlackthorne @caitylotz @MzKatieCassidy #NickCopus @CW_Arrow. #thatsawrap #Pike #season2 #Arrow

Adrian Holmes Twitter
Old 04-08-2014, 04:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Oh yeah! MG and the 'devastating loss' was Roy leaving. Had he actually had any kind of presence the past few episodes, I could see that ... Maybe. But as it is they added him to the team and then you never saw him again! Oh yeah, real devastating
That and his 'and the show will NEVER be the same Talk about dramatics!
I swear I thought the devastating loss was QC to Slade. That's a big deal considering Isabel showed her hand, and QC is under Slade control.

I swear I don't have a clue the messages they give out...particularly what comes out of Guggie's mouth.

Last edited by vaberella; 04-08-2014 at 06:19 AM Reason: Spelling errors from using an android phone.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread