Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
As for why they didn't get back together right away? The show gave them build up. Its what a TV show does to give a couple importance.
I don't think anybody would have been happy if they'd just smoothed over what happened in an episode- and even Naomi seeing LI kiss this episode will be good for them in the end because it's not just WOW NOW I KNOW THE TRUTH LETS MAKE OUT LIAM. It prolongs it and that's great.

Quote:
Oh I forgot, their epic romance doesn't rely on little things like talking to each other.
What?

Quote:
you LN fans could have thrown your parade already.
I've got it all planned out - don't worry, it'll happen, I've got the ticker tape all ready.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

What's ticker tape? If we could get the hint of the reunion before the christmas hiatus that would be awesome

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 12-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Addicted Fan

I really am astonished that you guys defend Liam. He cheats on Naomi and he is now hooking up with Ivy despite the fact that he still has feeling for Naomi. In my opinion that is just as bad as cheating. I'm not even much of a Naomi fan, but I still think she deserves a lot better than Liam. Is it just the fact that Liam is gorgeous, cause it really makes no sense to me.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Master Fan

I hope Naomi gets down to root of why Liam slept with anyone, I hope she doesnt just sum up Liam sleeping with Jen just as \"I just learned that Jen is a conniving manipulating bitch so i can see why this happened". To me it doesnt seem like its going that route. There has only been a fixation on the who part of Liams mistake versus the why part that i think its not even going to be touched on. I really hope it will be or I will just find them getting back together unbelievable.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:35 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by andbreatheme (View Post)

As for Liam asking her to the dance, I think I'd have more self-respect than to pine for somebody who was obviously still hung up on somebody else. There's that me taking my "Liomi glasses" off.
Okay I could honestly care less about the majority of this discussion ... but really?

Just b/c a teenage girl has feelings for a guy, feelings, might I add, that can't be told to just disappear, she has a lack of self-respect???
Just b/c Ivy would rather hope for a happy ending with Liam than to diminish any chance of being with him, she has no self-respect???
Your bias isn't showing AT ALL!

Fact of the matter is as follows:
Liam opened a door to a physical relationship with a girl that is obviously too into him. Ivy is allowing her heart to blur her vision of the kind of guy Liam really is. Naomi, well the poor dear is forever going to be burdened by the karma she creates. Naomi and Liam aren't going to last. Neither will Liam and Ivy. Big whoop! Liam will be through another set of girls before this series comes to an end. Whether it be Ivy now, or some other girl later. Naomi and Liam aren't going to have their happily ever after anytime soon.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Master Fan

I don't get why it's like that either Lap, I mean not even Puck from Glee gets away w/ 1/2 the sh-- Liam does.

I think it's almost this Naomi needs someone for her, honestly Ozzie treated her better but eh, it is what it is.

"We're a badass team, remember?" - Ade
Old 12-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapin88 (View Post)
I really am astonished that you guys defend Liam. He cheats on Naomi and he is now hooking up with Ivy despite the fact that he still has feeling for Naomi. In my opinion that is just as bad as cheating. I'm not even much of a Naomi fan, but I still think she deserves a lot better than Liam. Is it just the fact that Liam is gorgeous, cause it really makes no sense to me.
....that's really not it. Liam is trying to get over Naomi. Its not even CLOSE to being like cheating. He and Naomi haven't been on good terms all year because of what he did and he knows its wrong. Here's a girl thats also his friend that he can kiss sometimes and he can try to get over Naomi. Its like how Naomi was with Jaime to try to get over Liam but it didn't work.

Now that Jen is out in the open we'll see that Ivy doesn't compare to Naomi for Liam and that'll end like Jaimes relationship ended as well.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

I'm not really ecstatic about Liam this season. I'm not really defending him because he is leading Ivy on and he did leave Annie out to dry with the whole sext thing. I just don't think that it's all his fault either.

There's a lot of us ranting about it over the LN thread , there's a ton of stuff that I wish he had done differently but I guess that's what you do when you like a character. You defend them even when their actions are less then perfect because you enjoy that character on the show.

The difference is that we don't all like the same characters

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Addicted Fan

I actually like both Liam and Naomi, but I don't like them together. He just seems like an a-hole in the way he treats women and he really doesn't deserve Naomi. I know most of you hate Ivy, but I really think they make a better couple.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

Well the whole point is some are blaming this thing on 1 girl, who isn't even the majority reason to what is or isn't going on between them (L/N), in turn this girl is being asked to not feel anything, if she does feel, she has a ~lack of self respect..in what world, it's not like a rental, she's not holding on to some movie or CD or W/E she has real feelings, they are being recieved and given back by that guy. The main reason for L/N split was Liam & Jen, Jen is done, now it's up to Liam to do something Annie pointed out he's not, prove he's a man.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
What's ticker tape? If we could get the hint of the reunion before the christmas hiatus that would be awesome
It's like those pieces of shredded paper they rain down on parades - only the best get the ticker tape treatment

Quote:
Your bias isn't showing AT ALL!
Oh my gosh!

Quote:
if she does feel, she has a ~lack of self respect.
self·-respect
noun
proper respect for oneself and one's worth as a person

Does that explain Ivy now? No, I didn't think so. She's not respecting her worth as a person because she's allowing Liam to use her as a booty call.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's like those pieces of shredded paper they rain down on parades - only the best get the ticker tape treatment
Ah I see!

Honestly I'm indifferent to Ivy at this point because she isn't really any threat to LN. I get her reasons for kissing Liam in front of Naomi, I don't like them but it's hardly unrealistic. I don't think everybody hates her, I just think a lot of people like LN at the moment and are annoyed that she kissed him in front of Naomi and venting about it. It's a normal reaction and in all honestly, Teddy has gotten worse. It's just one the crappy things about being a guest star, you're usually an obstacle and fans hate you for it. At least Gillian herself isn't getting any slack like Trevor Donovon has gotten in the past. Oddly enough the only guest star that we all unanimously seemed to like was Jasper

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 12-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Does that explain Ivy now? No, I didn't think so. She's not respecting her worth as a person because she's allowing Liam to use her as a booty call.
But she hasn't had sex w/ him, how is she the booty call?

Old 12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Oh my gosh!

self·-respect
noun
proper respect for oneself and one's worth as a person

WORD. Ivy can't get too upset at Liam liking Naomi still because she's not pushing the issue. If she thought that Liam and her were exclusive or something, okay. But she's letting Liam do this no strings attached thing with her because she likes him. Its not Liams fault if she's withholding information.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

WOOPS! double post
Closed Thread   Post New Thread