Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Elite Fan

What is Death Note about?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:59 PM
Elite Fan

Here's the plot:

Quote:
Light Yagami is an extremely intelligent young man who resents the crime and corruption in the world. His life undergoes a drastic change when he discovers a mysterious notebook, known as the "Death Note", lying on the ground. The Death Note's instructions claim that if a human's name is written within it, that person shall die. Light is initially skeptical of the notebook's authenticity, but after experimenting with it, Light realizes that the Death Note is real. After meeting with the previous owner of the Death Note, a shinigami named Ryuk, Light seeks to become "the God of the New World" by passing his judgment on those he deems to be evil or who get in his way.

Soon, the number of inexplicable deaths of reported criminals catches the attention of the International Police Organization and a mysterious detective known only as "L". L quickly learns that the serial killer, dubbed by the public as "Kira" (derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the word "killer"), is located in Japan. L also concludes that Kira can kill people without laying a finger on them. Light realizes that L will be his greatest nemesis, and a game of psychological cat and mouse between the two begins.
And as far as what the notebook does:

Quote:
Before dropping the Death Note in the human world, Ryuk wrote five of the most basic rules on the Note's inside front cover. He chose to write the rules in English because he believed it to be the most popular human language. Those rules are as follows:

* The human whose name is written in this note shall die.
* This note will not take effect unless the writer has the subject's face in their mind when writing his/her name. Therefore, people sharing the same name will not be affected.
* If the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the subject's name, it will happen.
* If the cause of death is not specified, the subject will simply die of a heart attack.
* After writing the cause of death, the details of the death should be written in the next 6 minutes and 40 seconds (400 seconds).
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

Oooh, Mina was telling me about this but I forgot the title.

Thanks for refreshing my memory.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:05 AM
Elite Fan

It sounds good and all but I haven't really gotten around to watching it yet.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Total Fan

Death Note is awesome. I got my brother into that series. He watches it; I read it. But I kinda stop reading it cause the guys I was borrowing from just enlisted.
Icon
tifa_look_alike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Absolute Fan

I love Death Note. It's so good. I don't really like the dubbed version though. I can't get use to the voices. I started reading the manga, but I'm only on like the second volume. I have even cosplayed as Misa once for a convention back in October.

LiveJournal
Stefy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Elite Fan

Where's the picture? I think the only cosplay I've seen you in was from Evangelion.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Absolute Fan

I never posted it? Well here is a pic:

LiveJournal
Old 07-07-2008, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Okay, that one looks familiar. My brain doesn't seem to be functioning properly at the moment
Old 07-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy (View Post)
I love Death Note. It's so good. I don't really like the dubbed version though. I can't get use to the voices. I started reading the manga, but I'm only on like the second volume. I have even cosplayed as Misa once for a convention back in October.
Yeah death note is da cookies. The fight between L and Light is just crazy. L looks like some weird emo boy with huge feet lol.

I missed the ANime expo here in L.A...my friend went and said it sucked ass so i wasn;t too sad.

cute pic.

I am happy...i have a day off work...Our Beta Candidate for our video game failed so it was funny. Now today i will watch anime and hang out.

Carlos
Sick Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Total Fan

I so don't like the live-action movie of Death Note. I watched it in theater where they dubbed the movie with the English cast. It was pretty funny.
Icon
tifa_look_alike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
My brain doesn't seem to be functioning properly at the moment
I think I put it up in my livejournal or something back in October.

Quote:
cute pic.
Thanks
Quote:
Now today i will watch anime and hang out.
Sounds like a good day to me.

Quote:
I so don't like the live-action movie of Death Note. I watched it in theater where they dubbed the movie with the English cast. It was pretty funny.
I have it at home. I bought it in one of those kiosk type of stands in the middle of the mall. I haven't watched it yet though. lol

LiveJournal
Old 07-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy (View Post)
I think I put it up in my livejournal or something back in October.

Thanks

Sounds like a good day to me.

I have it at home. I bought it in one of those kiosk type of stands in the middle of the mall. I haven't watched it yet though. lol

Yeah i had fun.

Worked sucked today...but i am hoping to get my anime order by Sat. Lunch tomorrow at the japanese market, woot...MISO!!!

Carlos
Old 07-11-2008, 03:03 AM
Extreme Fan

I started watching Death Note this week, and I've become obsessed with it now.
khirea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:33 PM
Elite Fan

DEath Note is awesome.

Carlos
Reply   Post New Thread