Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Master Fan

Would be nice to have them all in 1 place tho

G x
Old 06-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Let's not forget the cartoons... the only thing that got me through grade school. lol.

I just think a board would be a splendid idea, a great place to go for all of our Xmen needs as well as the Wolverine movie when it comes out.

I mean FF is my goto place when it comes to... anything. I need spoilers, pictures i can't find anywhere else, fanflicks, fanfics, or fanarts... it's alllll here. But a good majority of those things are only found on the places that have their own boards.

I mean I was so lost when this movie came out... the horror of realizing the lack of all those things... *sniff* you just don't even know.
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 06-01-2006, 04:55 PM
Extreme Fan

X men is a whole new world! and if we were to get a board it not be confused as a movie board! there were three great films 2 cartoon series and the comics with loads to talk about. Plus with the two new films planned and the hope for a fourth film. Its an idea.
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 06-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnsilentMajorty
Whereas Bryan Singer and other comic book movie directors like Chris Nolan (Batman Begins) realize no matter how outrageous the characters and situations are in comic book films as long as you ground the characters in real human emotions and treat them as real, fleshed out characters people are willing to overlook the fact that someone can leap a tall building in a single bound, or dress up as a bat and fight crime at night.

I feel Ratner really doesn't get this... Nor, does he even hide the fact he doesn't.
I'm in complete agreement with this. That could sum up X3 as a whole very well, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~World on Fire~*
Yeah I wish they still had a movies section because I think that a lot more people would continue posting on it with the release of X3 and the upcoming Wolverine movie. Plus there are those rumors of a Magneto one too.

I agree with many of your guys' sentiments on The Last Stand two things that bugged me, maybe they were mentioned earlier but any hoo

-Magneto leaving Mystique, I guess I just thought he would want to help her more, although he does have that whole mutant superiority thing, so maybe it was in character.
I'm excited about Wolverine and even more excited about a Magneto film....I just hope Ratner and his team from X3 stay far, far away from both. Especially the Magneto one. I don't think they could do the character justice.

I thought he became too much of a one demensional ordinary villain in this one, bent on destruction and not much else. His treatment of Mystique really caught me off guard...the way he brushed her off. But like in my previous comments, I think that was the case for a lot of characters. The emotions and the drama got swept under the rug so that they could trip over it to the next action scene. Everyone was stripped down to caricatures:

Logan the leader
Rogue the jealous girl
Magneto the psycho bad guy
Pyro the evil goon
Cyclops the red shirt (Star Trek reference for a character put in an episode solely to become a victim)

....countless others that were introduced but pointless....

I love, love, love the first two films, so I had to go see X3 because of the characters. Though I'm disappointed, I still love the universe and hope that Wolverine and Magneto are good, and if an X4 is ever made, that they rid me of the bad taste The Last Stand

I do think a new board could do well. I'm sure FF has grown since then and there are probably more fans around. And with two possible spin offs happening....

~Kat
Old 06-01-2006, 07:33 PM
Part-Time Fan

does anyone know where i can get some good x-men icons??
Old 06-01-2006, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I love, love, love the first two films, so I had to go see X3 because of the characters. Though I'm disappointed, I still love the universe and hope that Wolverine and Magneto are good, and if an X4 is ever made, that they rid me of the bad taste The Last Stand
ITA. I lvoe the first two Xmen but this last is --- I dunno.
Old 06-01-2006, 10:25 PM
Master Fan

I love the first 2 movies as well and am I also at a lost for words with this last one.

Which is not really a good thing. lol.

I'm about to re-watch X2 actually. It helps feed my Rogan addiction. (got tired of typing rogue and logan)

I love the part when Mystique is on top of him changing into all them girls and we see a gilmpse of Rogue. That makes me happy... cuz in my head I know that in order to do that scene Anna Paquin actually had to get on top of him. Yes i am sick.

If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 06-01-2006, 10:44 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anck-Su-Namum
Yes i am sick.
There's a line between madness and brilliance I think you have the last of those

Seriously though, nothing would make me happier than an X-Men board
Old 06-01-2006, 10:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not sure though if we can get an Xmen board. Right now requests are only for Celebs, Music Artist and TV Shows. I would love to have the Xmen board back.

I wish they didn't have to do that with Cyclops. He's my fave character on the cartoons and it's so sad they wasted him in the movie.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

Can anyone help with x-men avatars please?!?!?

G x
Old 06-02-2006, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you tried the movies avatar thread?

Do you have any specific picture you want to use? I can make you one.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:36 AM
Master Fan

Jean Grey as freaky Phoenix with the veins etc!!

Ill check that thread out, thankies ^___^

G x
Old 06-02-2006, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0fear88
Can anyone help with x-men avatars please?!?!?
What are you looking for? I made a few, but I haven't uploaded them to my PB account yet.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, Gay is a good avie maker.

Dingbat - Um, yeah, hi. Upload. Now. Please?

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 06-02-2006, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingbat
What are you looking for? I made a few, but I haven't uploaded them to my PB account yet.
Jean/Phoenix
Wolvy
Angel

!!!!

If anyone knows of any good LJ's that have avi's on them, post the linky plz ^_^

Thankeees

G x
Closed Thread   Post New Thread