Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2006, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

I didn't see the importance of Angel in the movie, other than his father finding that cure.

Emelie - I felt the comment was needed. John was...so far gone, Bobby could care less, IMO.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Elite Fan

Most of the characters the movie could've done without.

And even though I'm a Cyclops fan, I must admit that the Jean/Logan scene was pretty hot. Usually I have a problem with that pairing, but I guess Hugh Jackman makes me like Wolverine just a little bit more.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

I saw it twice over the weekend and overall I thought it was pretty good. But I was pissed that Scott had like 10 minutes of screen time or less, but it was still really good
Old 05-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

i was never a scott fan but i was upset that he had such short scenes and then was killed.
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 05-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm not much of a Scott fan either, but I was disappointed with how quickly he went out. Barely any screen time. And I also felt that he should have been in Logan's place in some ways during the movie (the one pleading with Jean).... The ending with Jean and Logan just felt wrong to me.... They seemed to push Jean/Logan in this film, and it doesn't work so well because Jean made her choice - shown clearly in X2. Though Logan had strong feelings for her (I think his feelings were a bit extreme in X3), she loved Scott.

~Kat
Old 05-30-2006, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

new thread!

This pic is a little creepy

My LJ
Old 05-30-2006, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

For those of you that missed it.

Sasha
Old 05-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCheshireKitten
I'm not much of a Scott fan either, but I was disappointed with how quickly he went out. Barely any screen time. And I also felt that he should have been in Logan's place in some ways during the movie (the one pleading with Jean).... The ending with Jean and Logan just felt wrong to me.... They seemed to push Jean/Logan in this film, and it doesn't work so well because Jean made her choice - shown clearly in X2. Though Logan had strong feelings for her (I think his feelings were a bit extreme in X3), she loved Scott.
Yeah, especially since the whole Phoenix Saga revolves around Jean's internal conflict and Scott being her rock.

And I'm not sure if it was just me or what. But I didn't really like the movie's version of Phoenix much either. It was bad enough that we never got to see the Phoenix firebird that's so prominent in the comics/cartoons, but the movie/Brett kinda made Phoenix seem like a schizo Jean. If that even makes sense...
Old 05-30-2006, 10:33 PM
Loyal Fan

well, I was never a scott fan but really, it didn't bother me at all when he died. I actually like what's going on between Jean and Logan because I have been a shipper since I saw them in x-1. I thought they are a better pairing so I just don't get why you all don't like them together.

anyway, I don't exactly know if Jean would actually choose Scott, really. Logan point that out in x-2 but I doubt in that!

Blair Waldorf - - Nate & Serena - - Kristen Stewart - Taylor Lautner - Michelle Dockery
Old 05-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.H.A.
It has been removed *sniffles*

You know what would make me the happiest girl on the planet right now? If we got an X-Men Board. But that's just me ^^
Old 05-31-2006, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Seen the film, thought it was great , must admit I was a bit hesident because Bryan was no longer the director, but Brett did a good job

Must admit that I do like the Jean/Logan pairing, although I was disappointed about Scott hardly having any screentime, I think that's happened all the way through the films, damn shame

and how much do I LOVE the Beast, thought Kelsey played him brilliantly
Old 05-31-2006, 03:13 AM
Absolute Fan

I saw an interview with Brett yesterday about how he wanted to add comic relief in the middle of something angsty and I just found myself getting a bit angry. He did a good job by the end of it, but comic relief just isn't there in X-Men - at least not in the middle of something dramatic for me. But that's me.

Even though X3 weren't the best of movies I still get angry when they like give the movie a 2 or a 3 in grades. It's sad.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:46 AM
Jay
Master Fan

whether the film was good or not...X3 popped huge at the box office with $107 million in the 3day weekend. that's good for Marvel...might open a possibility for a forth one.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:24 AM
Loyal Fan

I might be going "against the grain" but if Bryan Singer isn't attached to direct, I don't think I'd want another sequel, especially if it's in FOX's hands.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

More X Walls

Juggernaut

Callisto

Colossus

More to come!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread