Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2006, 02:15 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firecracker

The whole thing seemed to be moving way too fast, and also lack of screentime for certain characters....
This echoes my sentiments exactly on why I thought this was not a good enough ending for the series. I can understand the actors wanting to move onto different things -- many have been doing other things in between X-Men movies, obviously -- And I can understand the series not wanting to hang around and be unwelcomed by the fans either...

But, as I stated before this one was just too fast considering there were a lot of major things going on (deaths; new characters; etc.) and I think this is partly becuase of Ratner and his wanting this to be an in-your-face full-blown action movie compared to the more character-study pictures Bryan Singer produced with X-Men and X-Men II. I am all for allowing other directors to try their hand in established franchises like Mission Impossible; Star Trek and other long running series... But I just feel Ratner was not the best possible choice for the material and it is obvious (to me) the only reason he was chosen was because he has a reputation for bringing pictures in on time and under budget -- Which normally is a good thing, but the results are less than spectacular as he is an avergage to mediocre filmmaker as a whole in a lot of industry people's opinions (not just mine) and this is why I feel X-III suffers because of it.

I know Singer did "Superman Returns" which I am looking forward to, but I wish the studio(s) who produce X-Men would have either waited another few years for X-Men III, so Singer (if he wanted) could do the film himself and give the series a proper closure it deserves in my opinion.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Master Fan

Annnd I am back in all my Rogue/Logan obsessed glory.

I know technically it should either be Rogue/Wolverine or Marie/Logan but Rogue and Logan somehow just seems better to me.

ANyhoo...

Made a video of the 2, thought I'd share. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UX4BL3f6Ng

We really need an X-Men board cuz I think I'm going to start driving you all nuts. lol.
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 05-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anck-Su-Namum
ANyhoo...

Made a video of the 2, thought I'd share. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UX4BL3f6Ng

We really need an X-Men board cuz I think I'm going to start driving you all nuts. lol.
I agree, that would be awesome to have an X-Men board. Im going to check out your video now.
My LJ
Old 05-31-2006, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

an x-men board would be awesome!!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 05-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Anyone know how we go about it at the Request board? Just start a thread or does there have to be a movie poll?
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 05-31-2006, 10:13 PM
Extreme Fan

There was an X men board once upon a time, around the time X2 was released but then it was closed.

I will check you vid out when I get in from work I love R/L too

Old 05-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Awesome. Let me know what you think! I love feedback!

Just be gentle. lol. Had to work with some pretty lousy software.

I remember the X-Men board.. we need another one! I guess it had been a while between this movie and the 2nd and the hype for the films died down. But everyone and their mammas has seen this movie, I would think a board would last a little longer this time around. lol. Especially with the upcoming Wolverine movie.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:29 AM
Absolute Fan

I also think that the X-Men board will be a lot stronger if we had another this time because there's so much more fans of them and there's more hype now and it stands a lesser chance of dying out now. It would be so fantastic.

I'll check out the vid ASAP
Old 06-01-2006, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've watched Xmen3. It was okay, I guess. Not the best Xmen I watched. They have neglected and failed to use/focus on the oldbies xmen which is depressing. I have grown with them and loved them (Cyclops, Professor X, Rogue) but they weren't use much on the film. Basically, I feel like they were more of supporting characters to the new mutants (Beast, Kitty). ANd I saw a lot of plot holes. I guess, I've just expected much since I loved the first two movies.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Extreme Fan

an x men board would be kwl! because u have the x men films the comics and the two cartoon series! would be sooo gd
av credit-paintedxlie
Old 06-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anck-Su-Namum
Anyone know how we go about it at the Request board? Just start a thread or does there have to be a movie poll?
I don't think there's an options for movies anymore. Just Music, TV, and Celebrities.

After the DVD released, people would stop posting anyway. Which is probably why we don't have a movies category anymore.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 06-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Master Fan

I saw the movie on Sat with my best friend in London.

I loved it!!!

So many gr8 moments. The Phoenix scenes were freaky as, but really cool @ the same time

I would have like to have seen more of Angel though

I cant wait for the DVD

An X-Men board would be awesome, but like Kara said, after the DVD is released, people probably would stop posting as much

Ooh, can anyone direct me to some avatars from the movie please?!?! ^_____^

Thanx muchly!!!

G x
Old 06-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I wish they still had a movies section because I think that a lot more people would continue posting on it with the release of X3 and the upcoming Wolverine movie. Plus there are those rumors of a Magneto one too.

I agree with many of your guys' sentiments on The Last Stand two things that bugged me, maybe they were mentioned earlier but any hoo

-Magneto leaving Mystique, I guess I just thought he would want to help her more, although he does have that whole mutant superiority thing, so maybe it was in character.
-Also where were the Phoenix flames??? Granted the whole Phoenix story part was awesome, one of the best parts of the movie, and she was sweet looking, kudos to Famke! I just thought since X2 had them they would have kept those.

Lois: (to Clark) Lana's your past, I'm your future.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl**
I don't think there's an options for movies anymore. Just Music, TV, and Celebrities.

After the DVD released, people would stop posting anyway. Which is probably why we don't have a movies category anymore.
Still, wouldn't X-Men be like Lord of the Rings? There's much more to X-Men than just the movies. LoTR has the books while X-Men has comics. Or?
Old 06-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Elite Fan

Hmm...Good question. I'm not sure. X-Men has many threads, though. Here, the Comics board, and on the Sci-Fi/Fantasy board.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread