Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2023, 05:39 PM
I am a basketball genius!

You're welcome.

Movie: ''Happening''
Year Released: 2022
Starring: Anamaria Vartolomei, Kacey Mottet Klein, & Sandrine Bonnaire, among others.
Plot: ''In 1963, student Anne has a bright future ahead of her, but her dreams of finishing her studies is shattered when she becomes pregnant. As her final exams approach, Anne decides to take matters into her own hands.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: I stayed up past 2:00 A.M. watching ''Happening'' on A.M.C.+ last night & it was worth it I think. Just a grueling & brutal look at the reality of someone wanting to get an abortion in 1960s France. This film is Rated R & not not recommended for for ones under 17 in my opinion. There are graphic scenes in I will mention that not only was abortion against the law in France during that time, but also people were telling Anne not to even talk about it. By the way, 'Happening'' won the 2022 Nobel Prize in Literature & this film is in French with English subtitles. It is a of course controversial film, but if you can handle it, worth watching in my opinion.
Old 08-27-2023, 04:07 PM

Movie: ''Freeway''
Year Released: 1996
Starring: Reese Witherspoon, Kiefer Sutherland, Brooke Shields, & Brittany Murphy, among others.
Plot: ''Following the arrest of her mother, Ramona (Amanda Plummer), young Vanessa Lutz (Reese Witherspoon) decides to go in search of her estranged grandmother. On the way, she is given a ride by school counselor Bob Wolverton (Kiefer Sutherland). During the journey, Lutz begins to realize that Bob is the notorious I-5 Killer and manages to escape by shooting him several times. Wounded but still very much alive, Bob pursues Lutz across the state in this modern retelling of Little Red Riding Hood.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: In the opening scene of ''Freeway Reese Witherspoon's character struggles to read in a high school class the words ''The cat drinks milk'' on a blackboard. She did read it and then started making out with her boyfriend while still in class. His name was ''Chopper'', believe it or not. That scene was I think more pleasant than perhaps any other one in this movie. Witherspoon's character was I believe 17 in movie & was ridiculously violent. It was unusual, particularly that her character would attack people that did no harm to her. I watched around the final 20 minutes of ''Freeway'' with my T.V. on ''mute''. I could not take anymore of ''Vanessa'' & her anger. Many people I understand enjoyed watching ''Freeway'' from reviews of it that I have come across. It is quite uncomfortable at times I think to say the least though & in my opinion for most of this cast at least there are more enjoyable films that they were in. ''Dark City'' & ''The Lost Boys'' for example for Kiefer Sutherland. ''8 Mile'' & ''Sin City'' for the late Brittany Murphy.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:48 AM
Master Fan

Meg 2: The Trench (2023) This was not great. The first Meg movie I enjoyed but this one was just bad. It was more about CGI for multiple Megalodon's than anything.
Old 08-31-2023, 04:38 PM

I have not watched any of those ''Meg'' films. That is too bad that this one was not enjoyable for you to see though.

Movie: ''Silent Hill''
Year Released: 2006
Starring: Sean Bean, Radha Mitchell, Jodelle Ferland, & Laurie Holden, among others.
Plot: ''Unable to accept the fact that her daughter is dying, Rose (Radha Mitchell) decides to take the girl to a faith healer. On the way, the pair drive through a portal in reality, leading to an eerie town called Silent Hill. The town is surrounded by a potent darkness, and the human survivors fight a losing battle against it.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: I do think that ''Silent Hill'' is a solid video game adaption. It is I think loosely based on the original Silent Hill video game from 1999, which I have not played as of this time. I have played some of the other games in that series. 1 of the first things that I found odd in this film was that ''Cybil'' played by Laurie Holden wore sunglasses in darkness. Also, Sean Bean was not in this film enough I think & he rarely had scenes with Radha Mitchell or Jodelle Ferland, which were his close members & they lived together. This movie is slow paced I think. It does pick up in the 2nd hour, but a lot of it seemed to be Rose going around looking for her daughter. Also, in the original Silent Hill video game, the main character was named ''Harry Mason''. In this film he is ''Chris Da Silva'' played by Sean Bean.
Old 09-02-2023, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Movie: ''Freeway''
Year Released: 1996
Starring: Reese Witherspoon, Kiefer Sutherland, Brooke Shields, & Brittany Murphy, among others.
Plot: ''Following the arrest of her mother, Ramona (Amanda Plummer), young Vanessa Lutz (Reese Witherspoon) decides to go in search of her estranged grandmother. On the way, she is given a ride by school counselor Bob Wolverton (Kiefer Sutherland). During the journey, Lutz begins to realize that Bob is the notorious I-5 Killer and manages to escape by shooting him several times. Wounded but still very much alive, Bob pursues Lutz across the state in this modern retelling of Little Red Riding Hood.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: In the opening scene of ''Freeway Reese Witherspoon's character struggles to read in a high school class the words ''The cat drinks milk'' on a blackboard. She did read it and then started making out with her boyfriend while still in class. His name was ''Chopper'', believe it or not. That scene was I think more pleasant than perhaps any other one in this movie. Witherspoon's character was I believe 17 in movie & was ridiculously violent. It was unusual, particularly that her character would attack people that did no harm to her. I watched around the final 20 minutes of ''Freeway'' with my T.V. on ''mute''. I could not take anymore of ''Vanessa'' & her anger. Many people I understand enjoyed watching ''Freeway'' from reviews of it that I have come across. It is quite uncomfortable at times I think to say the least though & in my opinion for most of this cast at least there are more enjoyable films that they were in. ''Dark City'' & ''The Lost Boys'' for example for Kiefer Sutherland. ''8 Mile'' & ''Sin City'' for the late Brittany Murphy.
Thanks for sharing

Brittany and Reese

Both very talented actresses IMO
Old 09-04-2023, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
The Incredibles on the big screen again after almost 19 years since the first time I did also in theaters (the same one too)

I’m so glad they re-released this in theaters
still so awesome and fun and just a visual treat
Old 09-04-2023, 09:30 PM

Movie: "A Dark Song"
Year Released: 2017
Starring: Steve Oram & Catherine Walker
Plot: "Sophia has rented a house in the middle of nowhere, and she has paid the extra money so that no questions are asked. Her only companion will be Michael Solomon, an occultist who must help Sophia contact her deceased son."
Rating out of 5:
Comments: "A Dark Song" is an excellent film I think. There are only 2 characters in it & that worked well. Some of the things that were part of that ritual in it for Sophie to contact her dead son were tough to watch, such as a blood sacrifice. It got awkward also between Michael & Sophie. There were some uncomfortable times between, but they ultimately meshed well together I thought. If the occult interests you I recommend watching "A Dark Song". It is currently available to stream on AMC+, Plex, Prime Video, Tubi, & YouTube T.V.
Old 09-05-2023, 06:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing

Never heard of it before
Old 09-07-2023, 05:15 PM

Well, maybe you will get to check it out sometime. I watched ''Salt of the Earth'' last night on demand.

Movie: ''Salt of the Earth''
Year Released: 1954
Starring: Juan Chacon, Rosaura Revueltas, & Will Geer, among others.
Plot: ''At New Mexico's Empire Zinc mine, Mexican-American workers protest the unsafe work conditions and unequal wages compared to their Anglo counterparts. Ramon Quintero (Juan Chacon) helps organize the strike, but he is shown to be a hypocrite by treating his pregnant wife, Esperanza (Rosaura Revueltas), with a similar unfairness. When an injunction stops the men from protesting, however, the gender roles are reversed, and women find themselves on the picket lines while the men stay at home.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: I watched ''Salt of the Earth'' on TCM on demand & it was excellent I thought. It is a terrific film about equality, among a labour dispute. This film did air on TCM on Labour Day this week by the way. There was a scene where women were chanting ''We want formula!'' Just an incredible movie & it is the only film to be blacklisted. True story. Here is more on this from todayinclh.com:

''Salt of the Earth, a film about striking zinc miners in New Mexico, which was based on a real strike in 1951, was released on this day. Because of its left-wing perspective on the struggles of the miners, and the participation of left-wing activists, it was widely banned in the U.S. It won a wide audience in Europe and other parts of the world, however.

The film was produced by Paul Jarrico, written by Michael Wilson, and directed by Herbert J. Biberman, all of whom had been blacklisted by the Hollywood film industry for their left-wing views and refusal to testify before the House Un-American Activities Committee (HUAC). Biberman had been one of the Hollywood Ten, who refused to testify before HUAC in stormy hearings in October 1947. Along with the others, he was convicted of contempt of Congress and sentenced to prison.

The cast of Salt of the Earth included only five professional actors. Other cast members included local residents of Grant County, New Mexico or members of the International Mine, Mill and Smelter Workers. The union had been expelled from the CIO in 1950 (along with ten other unions) because of its alleged pro-Communist leadership.''

''Salt of the Earth'' has been called one of the greatest achievements in American Cinema & it is not hard for me to see why.
Old 09-11-2023, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Nun 1 (2018) & 2 (2023) - Both good horror movies. I enjoyed both movies. 7.5 out 10 for both movies.
Old 09-11-2023, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing Quin

I would be too scared to watch those movies
Old 09-11-2023, 07:18 PM

Really? Well, I have not seen those "Nun" films, but I understand that original " Nun" movie is a prequel to "The Conjuring 2". Some do not think that "The Nun" is as scary as "The Conjuring". I might give it a try sometime.
Old 09-11-2023, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I get scared kinda easily

I remember being scared by the trailer
Old 09-11-2023, 07:58 PM

You decided to watch it though. Maybe you are overcoming your fears.
Old 09-11-2023, 11:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

No I didn’t willingly choose to watch the trailer lol

It was playing in the previews when I went to the movie theater

One of my least favorite things actually is when horror movie trailers play in the movie theater

I always have to close my eyes and cover my ears until they’re over
Closed Thread   Post New Thread