Old 07-23-2023, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing Betty

Glad you liked it
Old 07-23-2023, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

^^ I love Shailene but I can't stand Jack Whitehall as a comedian, had a no idea he became an actor.

The Mummy Returns (2001) - sometimes I forget how much I love this movie, it was great revisiting it. Loved Rick's friend who kept worrying about getting shot and oh my gosh Rachel Weisz gets to be so bad-ass in this!
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-23-2023, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Just finished watching the 2nd movie for the first time and enjoyed it and thought it was a good movie

loved the Wonder Woman cameo

I haven’t seen the first movie

It’s too bad the 2nd movie was a box office bomb
this is regarding Shazam 2 which I watched last night
Old 07-25-2023, 10:31 AM
New Fan

not really interconnected but I have seen best 10 movies all of time. I would like to share.

1. It's a Wonderful Life (1946). This classic Christmas movie tells the story of George Bailey, a man who feels like his life is a failure. However, when an angel shows him what life would have been like if he had never been born, George realizes how much his life has meant to others. This movie is a reminder that even when things seem tough, there is always hope.
  2. The Shawshank Redemption (1994). This prison drama tells the story of Andy Dufresne, a man who is wrongly convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison. Despite the hardships he faces, Andy never gives up hope and eventually finds a way to escape. This movie is a testament to the power of the human spirit.
  3. The Pursuit of Happyness (2006). This biographical drama tells the story of Chris Gardner, a homeless salesman who struggles to provide for his son. Despite the odds, Chris never gives up on his dream of becoming a stockbroker. I have found a good review in Here This movie is an inspiration to anyone who has ever felt like they were down on their luck.
  4. Good Will Hunting (1997). This drama tells the story of Will Hunting, a janitor at MIT who is a brilliant mathematician. However, Will has difficulty connecting with others and is struggling with his own inner demons. With the help of a therapist, Will begins to heal and eventually finds his way in the world.
  5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012). This coming-of-age film tells the story of Charlie, a shy high school freshman who is trying to find his place in the world. Charlie befriends two seniors, Sam and Patrick, who help him to come out of his shell and experience life to the fullest. This movie is a heartwarming story about friendship, love, and loss.
  6. Inside Out (2015). This animated film follows the journey of Riley, an 11-year-old girl who is uprooted from her home and moves to a new city. As Riley adjusts to her new life, her emotions, Joy, Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust, try to help her cope with the changes. This movie is a beautiful and insightful look at the human mind.
  7. Silver Linings Playbook (2012). This romantic comedy-drama tells the story of Pat Solitano, a man who is released from a mental institution after eight months. Pat is determined to win back his wife, but he must first learn to deal with his own mental health issues. This movie is a funny and heartwarming story about love, hope, and second chances.
  8. The Theory of Everything (2014). This biographical drama tells the story of Stephen Hawking, a brilliant physicist who was diagnosed with ALS at the age of 21. Despite his diagnosis, Stephen went on to make groundbreaking discoveries in physics and became one of the most influential scientists of our time. This movie is an inspiring story about the power of the human spirit.
  9. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (2008). This fantasy drama tells the story of Benjamin Button, a man who is born with the physical appearance of an old man and ages in reverse. Benjamin's journey is a unique and moving story about life, love, and loss.
  10. The Wizard of Oz (1939). This classic musical tells the story of Dorothy Gale, a young girl who is swept away to the magical land of Oz. Dorothy must find her way home, but along the way she meets a Scarecrow, a Tin Man, and a Cowardly Lion who help her on her journey. This movie is a timeless classic that is full of wonder, adventure, and friendship.
I hope you enjoy these movies!
Old 07-25-2023, 12:21 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

rajmaker. Welcome to Fan Forum. Your post has been moved here because it's a better fit than the story thread where you originally posted.
Old 07-25-2023, 12:37 PM
Master Fan

Welcome Rajmaker!

I've seen all those films as well and the ones that are stand outs and ones I adore are:
  • "Shawshank Redemption" such a brilliant film!
  • "Good Will Hunting" Such a great performance from all the actors in this one and loved Robin Williams!
  • "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" Such an original story!
  • "The Wizard of Oz" Classic! If you haven't seen this film, you need to!
Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-25-2023, 11:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for doing that Chris and thanks for sharing your list raj

I really like Inside Out too
Old 07-26-2023, 03:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Currently watching The Wedding Date for the first time

I knew Dermot mostly from his guest role on Friends and I did like him on there

Really find him attractive and charming in this movie

He’s good as a romantic comedy lead and he had good chemistry with his co-star lead actress
recommend if you are looking for a good underrated rom com

the soundtrack is great too

good 2000s music

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 07-26-2023 at 04:20 AM
Old 07-26-2023, 06:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Barbie (2023)- 6 out of 10 it was alright. I love set designs & Margot & Ryan did a great job. However it was a little to preachy for me.
Old 07-26-2023, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

It’s Dylan McDermott and Debra Messing who are the co-stars in the last movie I watched that I posted about
Old 07-26-2023, 11:04 AM
Master Fan

The Little Mermaid 2023
it was okay but not too much... 6/10
Old 07-27-2023, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

Decided to watch Life-Size for the first time tonight with Lindsay Lohan and Tyra Banks

What a sweet emotional heartwarming little movie
Old 07-27-2023, 11:07 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Which was a more enjoyable to watch for you, "Barbie" or "The Little Mermaid" from this year?
Old 07-28-2023, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

I enjoyed both but Barbie more
Old 07-28-2023, 04:50 PM
I am a basketball genius!

OK. I watched ''The Fog'' late last night.

Movie: ''The Fog''
Year Released: 1980
Starring: Adrienne Barbeau, Tom Atkins, Jamie Lee Curtis, Hal Holbrook, & Janet Leigh, among others.
Plot: ''Strange things begin to occurs as a tiny California coastal town prepares to commemorate its centenary. Inanimate objects spring eerily to life; Rev. Malone (Hal Holbrook) stumbles upon a dark secret about the town's founding; radio announcer Stevie (Adrienne Barbeau) witnesses a mystical fire; and hitchhiker Elizabeth (Jamie Lee Curtis) discovers the mutilated corpse of a fisherman. Then a mysterious iridescent fog descends upon the village, and more people start to die.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: ''The Fog'' is a terrific Horror film I think. There was an odd scene I thought where ''Father Malone'' played by Hal Holbrook put his hand on Kathy's shoulder played by Janet Leigh from behind while she was looking for him. Unsure why people sneek up others like that. That ''Dan'' character by the way was frustrating to me. He had a tough time listening to Stevie on the phone while she was trying to save his life. Anyway, I do recommend watching ''The Fog'' from 1980.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread