Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2023, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn’t know about this movie until Riverdale did an episode last season based on the story
Old 07-30-2023, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

^^ They did a remake of it as well in 2005 starring Tom Welling, Maggie Grace, and Selma Blair.
Old 07-30-2023, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
Just came back from the 35th anniversary screening of Heathers

Had a fun time

Loved getting to see young Winona and Shannen on the big screen

Beautiful women
Old 08-03-2023, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

Watched Interstellar for the first time this weekend. I really enjoyed it a lot especially for an almost 3 hour film. While it was a bit ridiculous at times, the emotional center was very strong. McConaughey was fantastic.

kenny | credit
Old 08-03-2023, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

^^ I really like that film and I don't notice the time to be honest
Old 08-03-2023, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

I'm legit the worst with LONG movies. I'm not generally a fan. I like a tight edit.

kenny | credit
Old 08-03-2023, 04:02 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Movie: ''Hiroshima''
Year Released: 2005
Starring: This film is a Documentary & has American & Japanese people interviewed in it.
Plot: ''A fully dramatised reconstruction of the story of the first atomic bomb deployed in an act of war. Interviews with both the aircrew who dropped the bomb and the survivors, special visual effects and archive all bring to life the fateful mission of the Enola Gay and the devastating impact of the bomb on the people of Hiroshima.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: ''Hiroshima'' is a heartbreaking Documentary. Korechika Anami was the Minister of War of the Japanese Emire during W.W. II & did not want to surrender at all to the U.S. & its Allies. He wanted a fullout battle & ended up committing seppuka/suicide on August 15th, 1945. Some Japanese people died of black rain, which was radioactive & poisoned thousands of people. Reasoning for using the atomic bomb by the U.S. was to protect its people, but personally I disagree with what they did & I do not think that the U.S. fully understood the side effects of nuclear radiation in 1945. Just devastating. If anyone wants to get both sides of the story regarding the bombing of Hiroshima by the U.S., I recommend watching this Documentary as sad as it is.
Old 08-09-2023, 03:22 PM

Movie: ''Sundown''
Year Released: 1941
Starring: Gene Tierney, George Sanders, & Bruce Cabot, among others.
Plot: ''William Crawford (Bruce Cabot) is a British officer stationed in East Africa during World War II. His outpost is strategically important in the war effort and is constantly under risk of attack. Jan Kuypens (Carl Esmond), a Dutch scientist, and a mysterious woman named Zia (Gene Tierney) seek refuge in Crawford's fort. Zia reveals Kuypens is a traitor, forcing Crawford and his fellow British soldiers to defend the fort from Kuypens, or allow it to fall into the hands of the Nazis.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: I wanted to watch a film with Gene Tierney in it & saw this on MGM+. She was top billed in ''Sundown'', but was not in it for I think at least the first half hour of it. Some enjoyed this film & others did not from reviews I have come across of it. It was nominated for 3 Academy Awards. Some notable quotes in ''Sundown'' are: ''Best time of the day sundown.'' & ''Who waits with faith... waits with victory.'' This film is in black & white. Gene Tierney was a beauty I think & men in this film were infatuated with her it seemed for a while. Anyway, I'll try to watch more of Tierney's films. ''Sundown'' is the first 1 that I have seen.
Old 08-10-2023, 06:51 AM
Master Fan

The Craft: Legacy (2020) - I liked this more than I thought I would. It was decent enough and not too long.
Old 08-10-2023, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

It felt like watching a video game. I don't know how I felt about it outside of the fun nostalgia. I wasn't crazy about Pratt and Day in the Mario Luigi roles.

kenny | credit
Old 08-10-2023, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing your thoughts

I haven’t seen it yet
Old 08-12-2023, 02:17 PM

I have not not watched any of the ''Super Mario Bros. films yet. This recent 1 though did far better at the box office than that ''Super Mario Bros.'' movie from 1993 for whatever that is worth. I watched ''Kansas City Bomber'' on DVD late last night.

Movie: ''Kansas City Bomber''
Year Released: 1972
Starring: Raquel Welch, Kevin McCarthy, Helen Kallianiotes, Norman Alden, & Jodie Foster, among others.
Plot: ''Roller girl K.C. Carr (Raquel Welch) skates for the Kansas City Bombers, until a rivalry with one of her own teammates gets her traded to the Portland Loggers. The team proves to be a mess, run by the dishonest Burt Henry (Kevin McCarthy) and led by drunken captain Jackie Burdette (Helena Kallianiotes). The only teammate K.C. befriends is the veteran "Horrible" Hank Hopkins (Norman Alden). But when Hank ends up being traded, K.C. is forced to fight back against her crooked team.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: I enjoyed watching ''Kansas City Bomber'' a lot. Some of the violence was a bit much perhaps, but overall ''Kansas City Bomber'' is a fine film I think. There were some wild scenes in it, such as a player throwing a tool box & then getting hit in his head while wearing a bucket. There was not a lot of blood in ''Kansas City Bomber''. In 1 scene, Hank said to K.C.: ''Remember when you chased me with that mop, and I took it away from you? That was fun.'' I was thinking: ''Most people would remember chasing someone with a mop or being chased with one.'' Jodie Foster is in ''Kansas City Bomber'' as K.C.'s daughter by the way. If anyone is a fan of Raquel Welsch or roller derby, I recommend watching ''Kansas City Bomber.'' it is not currently streaming anywhere though, DVD or V.H.S. is perhaps best if you want to find it.
Old 08-12-2023, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

Red, White & Royal Blue (2023) Starring Nicholas Galitzine, Taylor Zakhar Perez, Uma Thurman, Clifton Collins Jr.

This was a really great rom/com style film. I really loved the comedic moments and the sweet moments were just really lovely.
Old 08-12-2023, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Just finished watching the new super Mario brothers movie for the first time

I thought it was a fun watch

As someone who grew up playing mostly super Mario 64 and the Mario kart and Mario party video games I appreciated seeing all the characters I knew and loved from all those games

And I enjoyed the aspects that were closest to video game play the most when it came to the scenes

Definitely was missing seeing Yoshi though as Yoshi is my favorite character from the franchise
Old 08-13-2023, 08:41 AM
Master Fan

Heart of Stone (2023) [Netflix] Starring Gal Gadot, Jamie Dornan.

This was a fun spy movie. The villain was a surprise but I liked it a lot.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread