Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2023, 10:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing
Old 08-14-2023, 01:00 PM
Elite Fan

Red, White & Royal Blue

I also read the book. Noticed the changes. Still enjoyed it, a lot.

kenny | credit
Old 08-14-2023, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Barbie
I thought it was a fun watch and a very good story between real life and Barbie land.

as a kid I had Barbie dolls still have some around for when my Niece is older

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 08-15-2023, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Glad you enjoyed it Kristen
Old 08-16-2023, 05:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Red, White, Royal Blue (2023) - 8 out of 10 Super funny & cute enemies to lovers rom com. The male leads had great chemistry.

The Meg 2 (2023) - 7 out of 10 it was a fun ride action adventure movie/
Old 08-16-2023, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing Quin
Old 08-16-2023, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

I loved Red, White & Blue it was a sweet movie.
Old 08-17-2023, 04:35 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Movie: ''Night Watch''
Year Released: 1973
Starring: Elizabeth Taylor, Laurence Harvey, & Billie Whiteclaw, among others.
Plot: ''Ellen Wheeler (Elizabeth Taylor) is an unhappy housewife who settles her fraying nerves with alcohol while staring out her window. When she witnesses what she thinks is a murder through a neighbor's window, she calls the police, who find nothing when they investigate. With her neglectful husband (Laurence Harvey) skeptical and unsupportive, Ellen turns to her friend Sarah (Billie Whitelaw), who is slightly more receptive as the pair attempt to get to the bottom of the mystery.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: I watched ''Night Watch'' on Plex late last night & it was terrific I think. I will mention that there are a lot of ads during it on Plex when streaming it. They will air seemingly randomly, so if you want to watch this film, which is 1 of the final ones that Laurence Harvey was in, I recommend watching it on DVD, VHS, or anything where there are not commercials during it. I will mention that if you like rain or hearing it then there is a lot in this film. Sadly Laurence Harvey died of cancer not long after ''Night Watch'' was released. He was 45. This film is in colour by the way & was I think the 2nd film that Harvey & Taylor were in together. They were also in ''Butterfield 8'' together from 1960. I do recommend seeing ''Night Watch''.
Old 08-17-2023, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing
Old 08-19-2023, 05:41 PM

No problem.

I watched ''5 Centimeters per Second'' late last night.

Movie: ''5 Centimeters per Second''
Year Released: 2007
Starring: voices include, Kenji Mizuhashi, Yoshimi Kondou, & Satomi Hanamura's, among others.
Plot: ''5 Centimeters per Second is a 2007 Japanese romantic drama animated film written and directed by Makoto Shinkai. It theatrically premiered on 3 March 2007. The film consists of three segments, each following a period in the protagonist Takaki Tōno's life and his relationships with the girls around him.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: ''5 Centimeters per second'' is less than 70 minutes long for those curious. It is a good enough film I think, but my guess is that it had a target audience of teens more than adults twice or more their ages. If any of you have seen ''5 Centimeters per Second'' I am curious what you thought of ''Episode 2: Cosmonaut'' in it? I wanted Kanae to tell Takaki how she felt about him. The ending of this film from reviews I came across is that was not satisfying to some & that is understandable, without spoiling it for you if some have not watched it yet. I do recommend watching ''5 Centimeters per Second'' if you want to see a quick Anime film & how youngsters can drift apart in their lives.
Old 08-19-2023, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for sharing
Old 08-20-2023, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

Underworld: Awakening (2012)

Underworld: Blood Wars (2016)

I love the Underworld Franchise and these two films are when Theo James joined the cast.
Old 08-20-2023, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for sharing

Love Theo here too
Old 08-20-2023, 12:24 PM

I have yet to watch those more recent ''Underworld'' films. I did watch ''Mogambo'' late last night.

Movie: ''Mogambo''
Year Released: 1953
Starring: Ava Gardner, Clark Gable, & Grace Kelly, among others.
Plot: ''Victor Marswell (Clark Gable) is a big-game hunter in Kenya. After Eloise Kelly (Ava Gardner) is stood up by a friend there, she falls in with Marswell. Shortly thereafter, the Nordleys (Grace Kelly, Donald Sinden) arrive for a gorilla safari. Mrs. Nordley, disillusioned with her husband, takes a liking to Marswell, and the two have a brief affair. Kelly grows jealous, and the two women engage in a battle of wills over the hunter, while Mr. Nordley remains oblivious to it all.''
Rating out of 5:
Comments: ''Mogambo'' is the only movie that Ava Gardner & Grace Kelly were in together. That is largely why I watched it. I will mention that the age gap between Clark Gable & Grace Kelly was a big one. Nearly 30 years. Nevertheless her character in this film still fell for his & it happened in a short amount of time as well. Her character in ''Mogambo was 26 & Gable's was in his 50s I think. This was not new to movies in that time. I mean just look at Cary Grant movies where he was over 20 years older than some of the women at the time that his characters had romantic interests in. Anyway, this showed another example of why some do need to get married. There was Grace Kelly, whom was in real life 23 when ''Mogambo'' was released & her character in it married a seemingly nice man played by Donald Sinden whom was almost 30 at the time of this film's release date. Ava Gardner's character in it was already seemingly interested in Clark Gable's, but that did not stop ''Victor'' & ''Linda'' from having an affair & they actually did well at keeping it from Linda's husband. Something was clearly going to happen between Victor & Linda because in 1 scene Donald & Eloise were singing a song, Linda left the room to go see Victor. It was a short song too, but she she just was not interested in her husband whom she did not have to marry. I do recommend watching ''Mogambo'' if people want to see Ava Green & Grace Kelly in the same movie together, otherwise they each were in likely better movies that you can find.
Old 08-22-2023, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for sharing
Closed Thread   Post New Thread