Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Extreme Fan

Movie Addicts' Daily Blog - come on in!

I thought of this idea for a thread, and I hope it's okay, cuz I'd love for it to take off.
OK, so the idea came to me because I honestly have NO LIFE, and I rent at least one movie a day. how sad is that? Yeah, I know, pathetic, but I have no friends, so I turn to movies and music to quench my apetite for entertainment.
ANYWAY....
What did you watch today?

Today I watched The Notebook (amazing movie), Ned Kelly (If you haven't seen this, please rent it), and Ray.

Happy movie watching!
Old 02-09-2005, 09:31 PM
Elite Fan

Hmmm.. We have the "what was the last film you saw" thread but this one is specifically for the day in progress so I might have to consult with Shr on this one.

Until I talk to Shr I'll let it stay open and I'll answer.

Today I watched The Indian Runner which is a gem for me. Sean Penn did so well with his directorial debut. I can tell he's a good director because the performances weren't easy for the actors and you can almost see Sean's invisible hand behind every scene. It's a dark, depressing movie and I love it more every time I see it.
Old 02-10-2005, 12:46 AM
Total Fan

I watched today Signs with Mel Gibson. This movie is one of my favorites and I never get tired watching it!
Old 02-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Extreme Fan

I liked Signs, but with the previews, i expected it to be a lot more scary.
So today so far I've watched "Hope and Glory" a movie from the 80s. I caught it on the Sundance channel (my new best friend and a great idea on cables part). It was really quite good.
Old 02-10-2005, 08:59 AM
Master Fan

Scent of Woman. Excellent Pacino performance; although not a favourite of mine. Scarface wins that honor - anyday.
Old 02-10-2005, 02:43 PM
Addicted Fan

The Next Karate Kid - I have not seen this movie since it first came out on video all way the back in 1994, and it is by far one of my favorite "girl power" movies. Hilary Swank and Pat Morita had such great chemistry on screen and the story was so powerful. I think it is time to add this movie to my collection.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
Old 02-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

I'm watching Princess Diaries 2 right now. I'm still trying to figure out why...
Old 02-10-2005, 05:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Delilah-
I'm watching Princess Diaries 2 right now. I'm still trying to figure out why...
I quite liked it.
Old 02-10-2005, 05:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niffler
I quite liked it.
I liked the first one but this one is doing nothing for me. (Curse the lack of Michael/Robert Schwartzman in this movie!)
Old 02-10-2005, 10:01 PM
Passionate Fan

I watched Mystic River today. It wasn't the first time I saw it so I was bored sometimes but I still liked it.

Veronica: Look at you, all helpful.
Logan: Hey, your peskiness being unleashed on Conner brings me joy. Annoy, tiny blonde one, annoy like the wind!
Old 02-11-2005, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Scarface. Al Pacino is the freaking man! I could watch that movie a hundred times and still love it.
Old 02-11-2005, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Fan

Right now I am watching I Robot - I thought it was going to be such a dumb movie but...I love it

Its GREAT to be politically correct!
Old 02-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

Hey everyone - ROCKSTAR and I have been talking about this thread, which I saw last night, and since it's so active we've decided to let it stay.

However, it's just too darn close to the "What was the last movie you saw" thread, so we're changing the title and perhaps the format of the thread a little so that we don't wind up with an essentially duplicate thread.

But just so we're clear - we like that you're all posting and discussing.

My LJ for Movies
Old 02-11-2005, 10:30 PM
Extreme Fan

Hey y'all thanks for the titale change!! It's perfect!

So today i watched two Sundance Films "Love Me If You Dare" and "Intimate Strangers" both foreign films in french. FAN-TAS-TIC. Intimate Strangers was okay, but OMG, Love Me If You Dare was so spectacular!! If you haven't seen this try and rent it. I found it at Blockbuster in Foreign, so maybe you can catch it. Wonderful!
Old 02-12-2005, 12:37 AM
Master Fan

I'll look into that - and you're welcome.

I almost watched Sabotage tonight because it was on PBS, but the quality was so poor that I didn't bother, especially as I have an excellent copy of it on VHS which was part of a box set.

Still, I'd have enjoyed watching it this evening... I really love the early b/w British Hitchcock films - they usually don't last more than an hour but are packed full with adventure, romance, espionage, and lots and lots of humor. If you haven't tried any of them, I recommend a viewing.

My LJ for Movies
Closed Thread   Post New Thread