Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by purplestar:
<STRONG>do any of you know the name of the christmas song Jo and the sisters sing towards the beginning of the film when they go visit the homeless, and Laurie saw them...and there's a scene with the 2 diverging roads leading to their houses?</STRONG>
I think I know what it's called! Is it Here We Go A'Wandering?

Old 03-10-2004, 06:37 PM
Obsessed Fan

Love Little Women. Great cast too. I love the book so much, and I'm STILL upset about Jo/Laurie not being together.

Bryana
Old 03-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DCreekFreak:
<STRONG>You would love it! I actually have an extra one that was sent to me by mistake. I would sell it to you, but I'm too lazy to put it in a box and ship it, [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. You're probably better off with Amazon.</STRONG>
LOL! thanks for thinking about it anyway. It's a big hassle anyway. I think it would probably be cheaper for me to buy it in the UK (that's where I live). [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 03-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by fallfromgrace:
<STRONG>Love Little Women. Great cast too. I love the book so much, and I'm STILL upset about Jo/Laurie not being together.

Bryana</STRONG>
Welcome! I also love Jo and Laurie immensely. Come back and post again!

Eowyn_Evenstar-No problem anyway [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Extreme Fan

yes ! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img] A lttile women thread ! I so loved this movie ! And thx, guys, for all the pic [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] i especially love the missed kiss between jo and Laurie. Arrghhh : that scene was brilliant.
And the cast was so [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
That's a great movie. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Keep the pics coming [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Cotton Candy

Quote:
Originally posted by Andalusia:
<STRONG>Keep the pics coming [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Okay [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

I love this movie - the whole cast is brilliant, and it's just so beautiful filmed...not to mention faithful to the book, which I love. I actually am one that like the Jo/Professor pairing - Laurie is a wonderful man, but they really wouldn't have been right for each other as husband and wife.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Cotton Candy

Welcome Angela! I understand what you're saying about Laurie not being right for Jo as a husband. They were soulmates and best friends, but she needed someone who would encourage her to write and allow her the independence that she needed. Not that Laurie wouldn't have allowed her that, but I don't think that he would have encouraged her like the Professor did.

However, my favorite romantic relationship in Little Women will forever be Jo and Laurie. I understand why they didn't end up together, but I just love them and to me, they are the core romance in the story.

My favorite relationship though (romantic or otherwise) is the one between Jo and Beth. They just had a very special bond that carried the film through until the end.

[ 03-12-2004: Message edited DCreekFreak ]

Old 03-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Cotton Candy

More pics...

...Enjoy!

Old 03-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Extreme Fan

I love Little Women. It was always one of my favorite books. I've read it so many times. It's funny, every time I get to the part where Jo refuses Laurie, I get mad and throw the book, it usually hits the wall, and cry and fume for a minute before retrieving my book and continuing. I love Laurie/Jo, but by the end, I know that all is at rights when she is with the Proffessor.

This is a really good movie version, although I feel that Katherine Hepburn is the best Jo ever, and it is impossible to top her, I think I enjoy and watch the 94 version more often. Winona did well in the role, you just can't top Kat. but I absolutely love Christian Bale in Laurie. Laurie was always one of my book-crushes. He and Gilbert Blythe. But I am convinced that Christian Bale is totally brilliant. His dialect and diction are so great, and he's so in character in everything, especially as Laurie. Plus, the soundtrack I think is way better, and the supporting cast in general is better in the newer one. Kirsten Dunst as young Amy, Beth, Marmee, etc.

I have the dvd. feeling tempted to cap it now. but it does have some fun special features including a commentary that I really enjoyed.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Cotton Candy

Yeah, the DVD is awesome! I love the extras [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I agree that the acting was incredible! I thought Winona Ryder was absolutely terrific as Jo. I can't imagine anyone topping her, although I've never seen the earlier versions, so I really can't judge. Kudos to Claire Danes, Kirsten Dunst and Susan Sarandon as well. They were all brilliant!

Old 03-17-2004, 09:49 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DCreekFreak:
<STRONG>Yeah, the DVD is awesome! I love the extras [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I agree that the acting was incredible! I thought Winona Ryder was absolutely terrific as Jo. I can't imagine anyone topping her, although I've never seen the earlier versions, so I really can't judge. Kudos to Claire Danes, Kirsten Dunst and Susan Sarandon as well. They were all brilliant!</STRONG>
oh, Winona was great, she really was, but there's no one like Katherine Hepburn.

but as someone whose read the book more times than she's seen any movie version, I love the supporting players in the 94 version. I know I've mentioned how I love Christian Bale(the guy can do, like, every genre and every accent, in incredible character) and how I love the character of Laurie in general. If I ever have a son, I've known for a long time, I would name him Theodore so that I could call him Teddy for short. but Susan was so perfect and marmeelike, in her motherly care and wisdom, and Kirsten as young Amy was so... prissy but childlike, and Beth was so gentle, Meg was so good and beautiful, etc.

okay, I think I'll be capping my DVD tonight. lol.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Cotton Candy

Oh, don't worry, I knew what you meant [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'd love to see the caps when they're ready!

Credit-Eras of Elegance

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited DCreekFreak ]

Old 03-18-2004, 06:22 PM
Extreme Fan

I haven't quite got caps ready, but I made a couple icons

Old 03-18-2004, 07:45 PM
Cotton Candy

When I saw that you had last posted here, I was hoping that you had posted some icons, and I was right! Thanks so much for them! They're great [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Closed Thread   Post New Thread