Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2003, 05:03 PM
Passionate Fan

DCreekFreak, where do you live? i just recently bought a DVD copy of Little Women at Fry's Electronics...it was like only $9.99! what a steal. i've also seen it at Target. i love it!

the whole part that always gets me balling is after the professor rejected Jo's original script, and after Beth dies when she's in the attic and all the memories replays...also when Hannah drapes everything with rose petals [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

i've never read the book. i've brought myself to attempt to read it on a few occassions but never got past the 3rd chapter. i dunno if i just didn't have enough time or what, maybe i'll read it during winter break because i want to see the comparison [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] purplestar [img]smilies/star.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2003, 05:23 PM
Cotton Candy

Really? That's a bargain! I should go to Best Buy. I heard they have really great prices there. I live in Long Island.

I started reading the book a while ago at a friend's house, but I didn't find it as interesting as the movie.

Old 11-27-2003, 03:01 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by DCreekFreak:
<STRONG>The scene where Beth dies is definitely a tearjerking moment. Claire Danes was amazing in this movie.

I also wish Jo and Laurie had ended up together. But, bittersweet endings always tug at the heart strings and it seemed to be that kind of film.</STRONG>
I think that's true! I usually prefer the 'alternative' couples so if Jo and Laurie had originally ended up together I would have probably been rooting for Professer Bear (that's not his name...is it?...I can't remember). I never really liked him when I was younger but as I get older I appreciate him more as a character. I can see why Jo would fall for him.

But still it's a wistful sigh for Jo and Laurie. I think that's why I find them so appealing is because they did'nt end up together.

Sawyer/Sun | Jack/Sun | Fearless Soul | Seeker |
Old 11-27-2003, 10:52 AM
Cotton Candy

ITA with your last statement. The fact that they never got a chance to be together makes me want them together so much. If they had gotten together, I would have been very happy, but I don't think their relationship would have been as powerful.

Old 12-01-2003, 11:20 AM
Passionate Fan

I LOVE this movie. Its such a classic and is my favorite. The DVD and Book is fab. The other little wome movies are good too.
Amy was and will always be my favorite

I made a Little Women Roleplay

Please Join
Little Women Roleplay
Mandy

[ 12-01-2003: Message edited Bookish Hermione ]

Jim: Hmmm, I'd say 1 in 6.
Pam: What?
Jim: Oh, I thought you asked me what our chances were in being murdered here tonight.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:21 PM
Cotton Candy

Bookish Hermione-Welcome! Thanks for posting the link to your roleplay!

Old 12-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Cotton Candy

Did anyone post on that thread asking about your favorite movies based on books? I totally thought of Little Women right away.

Old 12-05-2003, 06:30 PM
Passionate Fan

hehe i must be blind, cuz i only post on a few selected threads and just kinda look for those only. but yeah, man i'm SO gonna read Little Women over winter break, i just have to finish it once and for all.

hmmmmm..i also love the chemistry between Jo and Laurie, and it was a sucker initially to see her end up with the Professor and Laurie with Amy. but i guess after watching it for the 20th time, or something like that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] i thought it was nice that it ended up like that, or else it'd be a bit cliche in a way. and in the film at the very end when the professor says, "but i have nothing to give you" and Jo puts her hand in his and says "not anymore" that totally melted my heart. awwwwwww hehe [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by purplestar:
hmmmmm..i also love the chemistry between Jo and Laurie, and it was a sucker initially to see her end up with the Professor and Laurie with Amy. but i guess after watching it for the 20th time, or something like that [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] i thought it was nice that it ended up like that, or else it'd be a bit cliche in a way. and in the film at the very end when the professor says, "but i have nothing to give you" and Jo puts her hand in his and says "not anymore" that totally melted my heart. awwwwwww hehe [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
that is such a sweet scene. And prob one of the best endings to a movie.
I think that if Jo and Laurie did end up together it would've been too predictable. It's better that they were just friends.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:09 PM
Cotton Candy

Enjoy these stills!

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited DCreekFreak ]

Old 12-07-2003, 12:55 AM
Loyal Fan

aah i really love this movie [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] my favoita was Jo ad Beth [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] thanks for the pics!
i think that was great cast, very talented and i liked the adaptation

Mary
Old 12-07-2003, 01:45 AM
Master Fan

Oh, yay! I LOVE this movie!!! I bought it off Amazon in October. It's one of my favorite movies of all time. My favorite sister is Jo, too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2003, 12:26 PM
Cotton Candy

Mary-Jo and Beth are my favorites too!

Quote:
Originally posted by Spooky Spice:
<STRONG>I bought it off Amazon in October.</STRONG>
I did too, but it hasn't arrived yet [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Hopefully, it will this week. It's already been two weeks since I ordered it.

Old 12-15-2003, 04:36 PM
Cotton Candy

Here are a couple of great photos:

Enjoy!

[ 12-15-2003: Message edited Vada and Thomas Sitting in a Tree ]

Old 12-16-2003, 03:29 AM
Passionate Fan

wow thanks for those caps, i do love Jo's long hair (if it's real). it's so pretty [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

hmmm one thing that's been bugging me since Christmas is drawing near..do any of you know the name of the christmas song Jo and the sisters sing towards the beginning of the film when they go visit the homeless, and Laurie saw them...and there's a scene with the 2 diverging roads leading to their houses? i heard it on the radio but don't know what it's called [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img]